Happy Thanksbanning!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Seizan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2019-11-29 10:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
DirectX said: »
How about the people who buy gil from you? Do you make them aware they can be banned for buying gil? Do SE even ban for that anymore?

I remember a guy buying an Aegis account back on Hades and then he bought gil and he got banned for buying the gil hahaha

spengler said: »
People normally don't get banned for buying Gil unless you buy an exorbitant amount of liquid Gil, talking like 900+m at a time.

I'm guessing the guy you claimed bought Gil got banned for something else or you're lying

spen is correct, SE does not care in the least about gil buyers and never has, you may get banned for buying too much at once if SE confuses you for being a RMT mule due to the volume

i have never gotten a buyer banned

OFC u would say that, since u are the seller....

I love how ppl here keep talking like they know what SE do or not, lol.

... But well, i like that ppl buy gil, so that those stupid *** can buy my stuff at a ridiculous high price XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 11:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about 2006 2007? Some time then. They did ban for buying Gil then.

wrong

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 11:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also don't see how you're making a mythic in 3-4 days. Even if you consider missions and Assault all to be done already. Even with ASE assaults alone take 8 hrs or whatever. I'm assuming you mean 3-4 days of 8-12 hours a day and not 24?

It's a 'lowest possible' estimate to give eiryl as much leeway as possible. In reality, I'd happily agree to a week or even 2-3 for someone who doesn't have a lot of free time.

Assaults only take 10 hours without ASE though, with ASE I'd bet they could be done in like 3 hours(provided you do something in between tag regeneration besides waiting).

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 11:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know someone who got a character banned for selling items to a Chinese player and recieving a large amount of Gil come to think about it. Even though he never bought Gil SE presumed he did and banned him.

Again, SE bans for selling, so in the highly unlikely event you aren't just making this up like usual, they mistook him for being associated with the RMT. This makes sense if there was a pattern of him consistantly giving them items for gil.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-29 11:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is worse than all the bots combined.

Hell the bots actually provide a service.

The real players are terrible.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-11-29 11:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be so lucky that the bots do all the stupid boring work so you don't have to !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-11-29 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also why would anyone put anything amazing on a bot/ RMT account that has a high chance of getting banned...

Hell the bots I've seen are running around in like level 40 gear all the same armor and weapons.

Look like noobs !

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The player I mentioned that got banned for buying Gil could have got banned for other reasons, he is a shitty person, but still don't see why he'd say that's why he got banned if it wasn't. He did deny buying the account though so that could have been recalled or banned and he thought saying it was because he bought Gil sounded less worse. Either way he was in my ls and I saw the char appear and disappear 2 weeks later so pretend I'm making any of these examples up if you think it's going to affect your business.

Daz sold him a dynamis drop for 30m or something and he got banned for "promoting RMT activity".

Nothing is going to effect my business, because my buyers already know they haven't been banned. Trust me, if gil buyers were being banned they'd tell other gil buyers and nobody would buy gil any more. They aren't, they never have been, and they likely never will be. The only exception is if you appear to be a seller, which requires much more suspicious behavior than buying gil.

You're pretending to know more than the people who have years of tracking this stuff, based on someone who likely got an account recalled and daz(who has never been the least bit in the know on anything, and has consistantly lied about his own relevance for over a decade).

Never mind that you yourself said SE doesn't give ban reasons a couple pages ago, but they told Daz he got banned for promoting RMT? What a joke.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-11-29 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish we could go back to the times when botters and rmt were "anonymous", and I didnt see 20 yells for people selling JP in 5 minutes of time.
For people starting this game or returning after a long break...if they're on Asura, well it probably looks sad.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-29 12:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
I just wish.. ..I didnt see 20 yells for people selling JP in 5 minutes of time.

There's addons for that. F'Off that Chiaia made, iirc, and another.

If it bothers you what /yell looks like, fix it.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-11-29 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »
I just wish.. ..I didnt see 20 yells for people selling JP in 5 minutes of time.

There's addons for that. F'Off that Chiaia made, iirc, and another.

If it bothers you what /yell looks like, fix it.
Seriously? I dont want to use an addon to get rid of the yells.
The use of addons and scripting is what made this game The annoying yell fest what it is today. Sure Gearswap is sweet and stuff like Dressup or Distance for example... but where does it end?
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-11-29 12:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Draylo said: »
There is the warning! This one was against buying from exploiters.

I've been telling people for years that if they know someone who is blatantly botting, or duping, to stay the hell away from them. I can seriously see SE banning 'by association' next.
iv once reported a person of doing that in asura all i got was hate messages. Thats asura for you.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-11-29 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He is completely removed from the average player, he is someone that rather sell internet currency for probably barely minimum wage. Why would anyone want to lose all the years of effort they placed in their characters? This isn't WoW and people have a lot more attachments to their names or their efforts they have invested. You can't easily regain everything so quick and some people have special items or event items they can never obtain again. The missions and the mythic climb are atrocious, I would hate doing that again. You constantly complained about doing all those dailies, imagine having to reset and do it all over again lol.

As far as botting, it is hard to say you should have stayed away when SE themselves did NOTHING for literally 3 years. I honestly have googled a bunch of times out of curiosity the last ban that ANYONE received, and couldn't find not one thing except someone mentioning a ban for using homepoints (which I doubt it was for that.) Now after recent exploits they got a fire under their *** and turned it back on (potentially.) It will probably go on for maybe 5 months or so and they will turn it off again and it will just start over. They are really so bad at being consistent with this game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been asked not to say how much is made, but the fact that you or anyone think it's "minimum wage equivalent" is absolutely hilarious. Nevermind the fact that you don't understand that it's passive income, or maybe don't even know what passive income is?

"special event items" waste of time and no value of any kind. Not DPS = no *** given. No one should ever care about christmas trees or egg lamps or mounts or wells or tidal talismans or (Strictly)cosmetic items.

Redoing missions is nothing more than another chore in a chore-simulator in the first place. No different than rereading a book again (and again, and again)

You don't have to do any of the dailys. You feel compelled to do them. When you don't care that you aren't earning dailys they don't matter.

The last part; "last bans etc" ***, the last time they banned anyone was the last time I got banned too lol. CP botting/salvage respawning banwave in 2015. After that day, it's been open season (as long as you don't swear!). Fall 2015-Fall 2019.

They are really so bad at being consistent with this game.
This is accurate though. The only thing they're consistent about is the fact that they will always be inconsistent.

Far as the "getting everything back" I mean if you were dumb enough to have 22 mythics and you got banned, yeah, it'll take more than a month to get back. If you just care about one functional job instead of ALL functional jobs month tops. Take SMN. 1 piece of AF+3 zero relic+3 zero DM augs zero ambuscade gear. Just nirvana and some AH stuff. Done. How long does that take? A week, maybe. If you're slow.
By Draylo 2019-11-29 14:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Value is placed by the person who is playing. None of this matters in the end as its all virtual and you can gain a lot more money through so many different means in RL. I know what passive income is but the way you talk about it you make it seem like a full time job. I honestly don't care how much you make, but you seem quite miserable doing it as you've even said recently. It certainly doesn't seem passive.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-29 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"special event items" waste of time and no value of any kind. Not DPS = no *** given. No one should ever care about christmas trees or egg lamps or mounts or wells or tidal talismans or (Strictly)cosmetic items.

The items can have a value beyond an in-game use, An example one for me personally is broken/dead linkshells. Those are completely useless but i love all of those ones that i have, even if they are just inventory -1.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-11-29 14:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sociopaths also play ffxi you know!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Value is placed by the person who is playing. None of this matters in the end as its all virtual and you can gain a lot more money through so many different means in RL. I know what passive income is but the way you talk about it you make it seem like a full time job. I honestly don't care how much you make, but you seem quite miserable doing it as you've even said recently. It certainly doesn't seem passive.

It's still annoying, for sure. Passive doesn't always mean ZERO effort. Still have to log in. Monitor for crashes. Make sales.

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
The items can have a value beyond an in-game use, An example one for me personally is broken/dead linkshells. Those are completely useless but i love all of those ones that i have, even if they are just inventory -1.
Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-29 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A pro wouldnt be a pro if he would get sentimental over anything.

Neither with items neither with chars
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21