That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 60 61 62

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-24 09:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Where you run into problems is when the government chooses the winners and losers, forcing people out of jobs where there is still market demand. I'm not going to say that this is always wrong, but you'd better believe that there are going to be repercussions when people lose their jobs because some schmuck politicians have an agenda that they want to force upon everyone else.

I agree, but I still think the government has to step in at some point and accelerate the process in some areas otherwise it may not move fast enough. There are proper ways to do it, but let's take Obama and the coal industry for example, that was too harsh.

Ahh your operating under the assumption the Government accelerates ***, they don't. The only thing Governments can do is make stuff take even longer by incentivizing scams and corruption. Large corporations are corrupt, governments, being both larger and better finances, are even more corrupt.

You can influence the actions of corporations by using the carrot of profit, that doesn't work on government bureaucrat who only exist to expand their department budgets and headcount to justify promotions and more budgets and headcount.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 09:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
In before people start crying over GameStop losing their market because buying digital is destroying their market.
But what about the buggy whip manufactures?

To some extent you're right, in the sense that markets evolve with the times and businesses need to keep up with new trends and technologies to survive. However, that is typically a natural shift driven by the free market. Where you run into problems is when the government chooses the winners and losers, forcing people out of jobs where there is still market demand....
We could stop subsidizing fossil fuels and THEN let the market decide...

Let we refer you to a quote from an article on RealClearEnergy:

Quote:
According to the apolitical U.S. Energy Information Agency, the federal government spends about $3.5 billion per year subsidizing the coal, petroleum and natural gas industries. By contrast, the Feds dole out about $15 billion every year in subsidies to the renewable energy industry (mainly to support new wind and solar projects) and $20 billion per year for agricultural subsidies and insurance.

Don't believe the EIA's subsidy calculations for the fossil-fuel industry? Last year, in an effort to eliminate all direct fossil-fuel subsidies, President Obama asked his U.S. Treasury Department to figure out how much the industry gets in subsidies from fossil-fuel specific tax code provisions. The answer, according to the Treasury: $4.7 billion.

Regardless of which number you believe, these fossil-fuel subsidies pale in comparison to the $15 to $20 billion the fossil-fuel industry has to shell out to its competitors and the agricultural sector every year because of the Environmental Protection Agency's renewable fuel standards program.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 10:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing on this page has anything to do with impeachment...

Sure it does you just have to think abstractly !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 10:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »

Well, I tried to get it back on track. Some people just get triggered way too easily and won't let go.
You certainly do. I wouldn't call quitting after failing to save face "letting go" though.
Says the guy who is desperately trying to get the last word in with someone who is trying to actually get back to the topic. Hint: I'm not getting impeached right now, so the topic isn't me.
Never in the history of the internet has anyone accused someone of "trying to get the last word" that isn't ironically doing exactly that.

I was clearly discussing something with kireek. Noone made you desperately try to argue with me because you're butthurt about making a fool of yourself last time. Noone made you change the subject to your inferiority complex drama again.

Your incel Trumper friend called anyone who disagrees with his indefensible opinion an "utter retard" then you get offended and cry when it's reused. The brain-dead myopia of the extremists on this forum is too funny.

Let's see superiority complex mixed with self righteous attitude and failure to be introspective. I think you have some of your own issues to work on.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 10:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I tried to get it back on track. Some people just get triggered way too easily and won't let go.
You certainly do. I wouldn't call quitting after failing to save face "letting go" though.
Says the guy who is desperately trying to get the last word in with someone who is trying to actually get back to the topic. Hint: I'm not getting impeached right now, so the topic isn't me.

But I need to get in the last word to prove my internet superiority !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 10:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In before people start crying over GameStop losing their market because buying digital is destroying their market.

Gamestop is failing because one their prices are higher.

Two *** Gamestop.

Three see above.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The subject is impeachment the final frontier.

Can Donald Blumpf get re elected will impeached...

Turns out he can !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you are still trying to get in the last word.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Britain stop being a pompous *** and interfering with American politics...

Answer no !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is everyone a pompous *** in Britain ? Is that like a requirement to live there ?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is really sad is people that don't know anything about American politics acting like they do.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

See we in America don't give a ***what you think of us. So any criticism is pointless.

We could criticism England but *** England go play soccer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you had a point it would be to react to something I said. So if we all stopped talking to you. You could go pester some other Americans to make yourself feel big.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fonewear 2024!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You learn a lot when you have 34,000 posts on the internet. I've seen it all.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You know I never block people but I'm willing to make an exception for you. Congrats or something.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-24 11:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You are blocked go play soccer with some wankers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You learn a lot when you have 34,000 posts on the internet. I've seen it all.

Occasionally I look at my post count and think, “Frick, I could have written a novel instead.”

I already have a great idea for one. It has a plot where characters do things and stuff. Guaranteed bestseller.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2020-01-24 16:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/recording-appears-capture-trump-private-dinner-ukraine-ambassador/story?id=68506437

https://theweek.com/speedreads/891429/abc-news-recording-that-seemingly-reveals-trump-demanding-rid-marie-yovanovitch

Lev Parnas and Igor Furman at the table and there are tapes.
The most charitable interpretation of this is that an unregistered foreign agent successfully convinced the President to fire a career State Department diplomat, and did so in an environment so insecure he could record it on his phone.

That's the best-case scenario.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-01-24 16:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/recording-appears-capture-trump-private-dinner-ukraine-ambassador/story?id=68506437

https://theweek.com/speedreads/891429/abc-news-recording-that-seemingly-reveals-trump-demanding-rid-marie-yovanovitch

The most charitable interpretation of this is that an unregistered foreign agent successfully convinced the President to fire a career State Department diplomat, and did so in an environment so insecure he could record it on his phone.

That's completely false, the president has no idea who those men are.
He said so.
Just another far left conspiracy, all lies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-24 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

That's completely false, the president has no idea who those men are.
He said so.
Just another far left conspiracy, all lies.

Yep, and Trump used his magic sharpie to show he doesn't know Lev. :)

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 18:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, is this yet another instance where we have plenty of innuendo but still no crime? Man, drumpf must really be done this time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 60 61 62