That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 60 61 62
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 18:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Viciouss said: »
Just a few more hours until Trump gets officially impeached!

You probably have an impeachment fetish. The idea of a house procedural vote turns you on. Seek help !

Yeah, and he's acting like it's some huge accomplishment to be proud of. If Pelosi had been so inclined, she could have pushed impeachment articles immediately after the midterms, strong-armed the exact same people, and gotten the exact same result without any of the Ukraine charade.

Wow, you got only your own people in the House to vote against a President of the opposing party but will never even get close to ousting him in the Senate. So amazing. Pat yourself on the freaking back.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-18 19:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortunately Pelosi is smarter than that and she has sandwiched it in between two legislative victories for her party. Its been fun to watch the GOP just make up "arguments" and have them swept aside because they are utter nonsense.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 19:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"For her party"? Do you have any idea what the word "bipartisan support" even means? If it's a legislative victory for Pelosi then it's a legislative victory for Trump, because nothing is getting passed without his support.
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-18 19:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

can't wait for the next democrat president to be impeached for having a phone call now
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-18 19:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
"For her party"? Do you have any idea what the word "bipartisan support" even means? If it's a legislative victory for Pelosi then it's a legislative victory for Trump, because nothing is getting passed without his support.

When you get everything you want into a must pass bill while having to give up nothing, its a victory for your party.
By Viciouss 2019-12-18 19:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
can't wait for the next democrat president to be impeached for having a phone call now

Yeah, its been pretty funny to watch Trump throw tantrums over his transcript, thats not why he was impeached. His quid pro quo started in May, and no one can even say it has ended. Lindsey Graham wants Giulani to come testify before the impeachment trial, because he is still over there pressuring the Ukrainians to investigate Joe Biden.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 20:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get everything you want into a must pass bill while having to give up nothing, its a victory for your party.

So by your own definition it's not a victory for your party, because what you're saying didn't happen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 20:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For example, guess what got included in the trade agreement. Oh yeah, this thing Pelosi was fighting against:

Pelosi pushes to keep tech’s legal shield out of trade agreement with Mexico and Canada
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-18 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you forgotten a recent Democratic president who was impeached over a ***?

Our founding fathers agonized over foreign influences in our elections. They never mentioned anything sexual.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-18 20:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Our founding fathers didn't think we would waste time arguing about stupid ***on the internet either !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 20:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Have you forgotten a recent Democratic president who was impeached over a ***?

Our founding fathers agonized over foreign influences in our elections. They never mentioned anything sexual.

He was impeached for perjury. It's a little late to be trying to spin that when everyone knows what happened by now, Chanti.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 20:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And looking at the vote tallies, the Democrats couldn't even pull together a unanimous impeachment vote. My respect for Tulsi Gabbard just went up a few notches, but the others were wisely trying to save their own skin, I think.

If you could put an impeachment vote on a scale from "most successful" to "least successful", a vote that consists of completely partisan, non-unanimous majority support is about the lowest bar you could possibly clear and still impeach. Couple that with weakening public support and you have the lamest impeachment in history. Even Clinton had five Democrats voting in favor of impeachment for 3 out of the 4 impeachment articles.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-18 20:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Just a few more hours until Trump gets officially impeached!

You probably have an impeachment fetish. The idea of a house procedural vote turns you on. Seek help !

Yeah, and he's acting like it's some huge accomplishment to be proud of. If Pelosi had been so inclined, she could have pushed impeachment articles immediately after the midterms, strong-armed the exact same people, and gotten the exact same result without any of the Ukraine charade.

Wow, you got only your own people in the House to vote against a President of the opposing party but will never even get close to ousting him in the Senate. So amazing. Pat yourself on the freaking back.

She should be proud of how much botox her forehead can take before she looks like a wax figurine !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-18 21:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And looking at the vote tallies, the Democrats couldn't even pull together a unanimous impeachment vote. My respect for Tulsi Gabbard just went up a few notches, but the others were wisely trying to save their own skin, I think.

If you could put an impeachment vote on a scale from "most successful" to "least successful", a vote that consists of completely partisan, non-unanimous majority support is about the lowest bar you could possibly clear and still impeach. Couple that with weakening public support and you have the lamest impeachment in history. Even Clinton had five Democrats voting in favor of impeachment for 3 out of the 4 impeachment articles.

Yeah that zero Republicans voted for and several Democrats voted against is pretty damning.

Like I said awhile back, Tulsi was the only Democrat candidate that I would of voted for over Trump.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-12-18 21:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish. Republicans in Congress have no balls.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-18 21:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"Several" as in, 3?
By Viciouss 2019-12-18 21:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, 2. One of them was facing a primary anyways for being a closet Republican.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-18 22:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Three on one, two on the other, with Gabbard "present" for both. Good show.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-12-19 02:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Trump impeached? Is he getting ousted from office? I keep seeing stuff about him still campaigning for 2020... i’m so confused lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-19 02:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, officially impeached. However, it literally means less than nothing. Doesn't mean anything until they do the last step, which actually may never happen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-19 02:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

To a *** egomaniac like trump all it does is give him more to brag about. (officially the most "yea" votes in an impeachment or a president) and he'll just be emboldened to do worse, since there is absolutely zero chance the last step will happen. and since republicans already said it's literally impossible, dems are just going to not do it until it's possible, aka never.

Any publicity is good publicity when you have no concept of what shame or embarrassment are. Nothing changes. Just a waste of time. No one is going to change their minds. No one that didn't vote is going to vote now (not that your vote matters anyway).
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2019-12-19 05:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi and the House sitting on the Articles of Impeachment and not immediately moving them to the Senate without AMAZING *** reasons, is violating Trump's Constitutional Right to a Fair Trial.

The Dems have truly moved into 3rd World Warlord status with this move.

--Doesn't allow him to call witnesses in his defense
--Doesn't allow him to face his accusers
--Threatens to deny him the right to a speedy trial

Even if you dislike Trump, even if you *** HATE him, I want you to think about this...

If they'll do this to the most powerful man in America...

...they'll do it you.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-19 05:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***man....

Do you want the masses to ride up? because this is how you do it. I'm tellin ya I don't condone people rising up but people aren't going to take this ***much longer..

Pelosi suggests she may wait to send impeachment articles to Senate: 'We'll make a decision ... as we go along' Purposely blocking someone's right to a fair trial....

The key takeaway here...
Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Democrats may wait to send their articles of impeachment against President Trump to the GOP-controlled Senate, for fear that they are incapable of holding a fair trial.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-19 05:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Your fair and balanced press....Cronkite would be rolling in his grave. This is the ***that is going to help start bad times in our country...

Washington Post, CNN journos under fire after Trump impeachment for celebrating 'Impeachmas'
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-19 07:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not one for thinking doom and all that but look around here in US.

Militias forming in VA and GA due to 2nd amendment rights violations. Facebook ads in NY area and I'm sure other areas for militia group membership right out in public.

VA government suggesting to use Military against citizens who do not give up their 2nd amendment.

Unconstitutional red flag laws that do not give a person any due rights.

House now refusing to send articles of impeachment to Senate, violating Trump's 6th amendment rights.

This nation is so divided and people are not standing for it anymore. I think VA is going to be where it actually starts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-19 07:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »

I wish. Republicans in Congress have no balls.

Just the ones in Congress?
By Viciouss 2019-12-19 08:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, Civil War, every time this topic comes up it goes nowhere. I'm sure its real this time though.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 60 61 62