That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 60 61 62
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-06 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudy Giuliani just blew up Trump’s “no quid pro quo” talking point

Posting from somewhere in Ukraine, Trump’s lawyer tweets the quid pro quo.

Vox

Rudy....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-06 17:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-12-07 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that kinda annoys me is how Trump keeps saying the impeachment ***is unfair and whatnot but the White House has rejected invitations to cooperate, give their side of the story and make it fair.

It's basically like being accused of murder and when asked if you want to tell your side of the story, you just say "na, I'll pass."
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-12-07 09:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Trump IS doing what he said he was gonna do; drain the swamp. He's getting people arrested so...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-07 09:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just it time for Christmas Santa is bringing some Trumped up charges of "abuse of power".

The Grinch "Nancy Pelosi" told all the who's in Whoville...we will see you in court !

And so on. I have Christmas on my mind.
By Viciouss 2019-12-07 09:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So he is under criminal investigation for his corrupt dealings in the Ukraine, 4 of his associates are under indictment, and he is ...back in the Ukraine? Why hasn't Trump just fire him, his quest failed.
By fonewear 2019-12-07 09:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Something that kinda annoys me is how Trump keeps saying the impeachment ***is unfair and whatnot but the White House has rejected invitations to cooperate, give their side of the story and make it fair.

It's basically like being accused of murder and when asked if you want to tell your side of the story, you just say "na, I'll pass."

Why would you cooperate when they are trying to throw you out of office ?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-07 09:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything they want Trump there so they can get him to lie. So they can say he obstructed justice.

You have a right to not self incriminate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-07 11:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Did you even read the tweets?
He said that the US cannot help Ukraine with their anti corruption agenda until corruption of Biden has been addressed. You claim it states that he said they cannot help them with financial military aid until the Biden corruption is addressed.

It's like you can headline anything to dumb people and they will accept the title and never actually read or critically analyse the actual text itself. This is the epitome of everything wrong in the world today.

So you are telling me the article beneath the headline has valuable information...you learn something new every day !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-07 12:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is the smartest thing you could possibly do.

Seriously I posted an older video earlier with both a lawyer and a detective telling us in no uncertain words to never, ever, under any circumstance, talk to the police. They can and will take anything you say, delete a few words and misrepresent it. Hell the Democrats in the FBI just got caught altering evidence and inserting testimony that didn't exist for the Flynn case.

I know you guys hate Trump but you can't be so misguided to think he should knowingly enter into an unwinnable situation. If your case of TDS has become that severe you really need to see a doctor.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-07 12:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Well first of all, Rudy is lying, the military aid was withheld with no reasons given and they only released it after being notified of the whistle blower report in September, also exactly when Trump made a call with Sondland claiming specifically he wants nothing from Ukraine "No Quid Pro Quo".

Amazing timing!

Next, if there is compelling evidence of Biden's corruption, it's something the DoJ should investigate, not Ukraine. If the DoJ opens an investigation into Biden, then they may ask Ukraine to cooperate with them.

Why should we listen to a Canadian foreign agent trying to impact the US 2020 election? Aren't you a Canadian post bot anyway.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-07 12:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
He could be lying, but that isn't the subject I am addressing.

I'm saying that what Chanti titled her links aren't what the tweets even say. If you had strong arguments you wouldn't need to rely on misrepresenting things that way.
That is the headline quoted.

If you didn't know Vox leans left.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-07 12:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously these new conspiracies were just published, CNN is the first with the fact check debunking them.

Fact Check

Quote:
A series of conspiratorial claims against Ukraine's government and the US embassy in Kiev have now been alleged by President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani, a key figure in the impeachment inquiry into the President, tweeted out Thursday evening and into Friday morning several allegations over US aid to Ukraine and supposed stand-down orders directed from the US embassy in Ukraine to the country's police force.
"The Accounts Chamber in Ukraine found an alleged misuse of $5.3B in U.S. funds during the Obama administration while Biden was 'Point Man,'" Giuliani tweeted Thursday night. "Obama embassy urged Ukrainian police NOT to investigate!"
The next morning Giuliani tweeted the same allegations, this time naming former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch -- who Giuliani worked to have removed from her post -- and adding a new conspiracy that "much of the $5.3B in US Aid Ukraine reported as misused was given to the embassy's favored NGO's."

Quote:
Facts First: The $5.3 billion figure comes from multiple countries, not solely from the US, and funds to non-government organizations represents a small percentage of this aid. The Accounting Chamber of Ukraine reported that there was not a proper accounting of the funds and their designated projects, not that the funds were "misused." And there is no evidence to support the accusation that the US embassy "urged Ukrainian police NOT to investigate."

He doesn't even have the right dollar amount. The US only provided 1.4b in aid, not 5.3b, and none of it was reported misused. Its pretty sad how he keeps attacking Yovanovitch, she did nothing wrong. Seriously Rudy, disappear.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-07 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again you are misleading and are making false claims..

Quote:
The Accounting Chamber of Ukraine reported that there was not a proper accounting of the funds and their designated projects,

So... funds were not tracked...funds were not accounted for.. but for some reason unknown to anyone else here you are 100% positive that they were not misused....

Please stop.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-07 13:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I am not making false claims. To claim that the funds were misused while providing zero evidence that that is the case is the false claim. Remember, the burden of proof is on Rudy to show that the funds were misused. The evidence provided does not allege it. Until he can give us evidence that the funds were absolutely misused, its a conspiracy theory.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-07 14:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Seriously I posted an older video earlier with both a lawyer and a detective telling us in no uncertain words to never, ever, under any circumstance, talk to the police. They can and will take anything you say, delete a few words and misrepresent it.

Trump wasn't asked to speak to the police. He was asked to testify before everyone, therefore his words would not be edited, deleted, nor misrepresented. It would be open for everyone to hear what he says, word for word. Trump claims it is all unjust and unfair and 100% false. In that case justice would prevail and he would be exonerated if his claims are true.
By Viciouss 2019-12-07 20:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump claims Giulani wants to deliver "report" to Congress, DOJ.

Quote:
President Trump said that Rudy Giuliani, his personal attorney, will deliver a report to Congress and Attorney General William Barr about information he uncovered during his latest trip to Ukraine.

“He’s going to make a report, I think to the attorney general and to Congress. He says he has a lot of good information. I have not spoken to him about that information yet,” Trump told reporters Saturday.

“He has not told me what he found, but I think he wants to go before Congress ... and also to the attorney general and the Department of Justice,” he added. “I hear he has found plenty.”

Giuliani raised eyebrows this week when he traveled to Ukraine as the House conducts a whirlwind impeachment investigation into whether the president abused his power. Democrats say Trump overstepped his bounds by pressuring Kyiv to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden on unfounded corruption allegations and disproven claims that Ukraine was involved in 2016 election meddling.

During his trip, Giuliani met with multiple Ukrainian officials as he continued his campaign to convince American lawmakers Trump did nothing wrong.

Uh yes please, we would love for Rudy to go before Congress and testify. Of course, we have zero interest in his bogus conspiracy theories, but we have PLENTY of other questions for him. How dumb is Trump for touting this? Where are his actual WH lawyers and why are they not telling him how radioactive Giulani has become for his Presidency? For the entire Republican party?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-07 21:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Giuliani has the equivalent of a Steel Dossier, something that's a complete joke but still gets passed off as legitimate intel to secure FISA warrants. Wouldn't that be rich?
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-12-08 04:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Trump wasn't asked to speak to the police. He was asked to testify before everyone, therefore his words would not be edited, deleted, nor misrepresented.

Because that definitely hasn't happened, I mean as long as it's just a "parody" right? <wink wink>
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-08 05:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good anaylisis from CNN even they fact checked schiff and said he was very misleading in reading Trumps "transcript"

When CNN says a dem is wrong you know they wrong.

Quote:
Schiff: "This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine. It would be funny if it wasn't such a graphic betrayal of the President's oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal, there's nothing the president says here that is in America's interest after all."

Analysis: This concluding quote may have further confused viewers. Schiff suggested here that he had just provided listeners with what "the president says," though he had added in things that Trump did not actually say.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-08 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'd be giving a hard pass on going before them as well. Schiff blatantly lied to the American people, then tried to say it was just a parody. Damn, even CNN called him out on it! The guy is a piece of ***, he's a political hack and he has already MULTIPLE times lied about what the president said, knowing me can see the damn transcript ourselves. Would you honestly got before him and think you'd get a fair shot? If you do you're the dumbest person on this planet.

Quote:
Schiff: "You're going to love him (Giuliani). Trust me. You know what I'm asking? And so I'm only going to say this a few more times in a few more ways. And by the way, don't call me again. I'll call you when you've done what I asked."

Analysis: Trump did not tell Zelensky not to call him again until he had done what Trump asked, nor did he say "you know what I'm asking?" The call ended on a positive note, with Trump saying of Zelensky's request for a visit to Ukraine, "Okay, we can work that out," then adding, "I look forward to seeing you in Washington and maybe in Poland because I think we are going to be there at that time."

Quote:
Schiff: "I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though. And I'm going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent. Understand? Lots of it, on this and on that."
Analysis: Here's where Schiff veered quite a distance from what the rough transcript says.
Trump did not repeat a demand related to a political opponent "seven times," according to the rough transcript. He told Zelensky three times that he would get his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to call Zelensky. He twice mentioned Biden's effort to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, saying this is what he wanted Zelensky to look into.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-12-08 07:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously I posted an older video earlier with both a lawyer and a detective telling us in no uncertain words to never, ever, under any circumstance, talk to the police. They can and will take anything you say, delete a few words and misrepresent it. Hell the Democrats in the FBI just got caught altering evidence and inserting testimony that didn't exist for the Flynn case.

I know you guys hate Trump but you can't be so misguided to think he should knowingly enter into an unwinnable situation. If your case of TDS has become that severe you really need to see a doctor.
I was talking about in court.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-08 08:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about in court.

You said this.

Quote:
give their side of the story and make it fair

That means testify in front of Congress while under oath. Again bad *** idea for the same reasons I stated above. A Democrat who really wants to remove you from Office is Prosecutor, Judge and Jury. There is nothing that President Trump could say that you would believe and that wouldn't get twisted. The Media Industrial Complex would salivate at the idea of generating headlines by rearranging words.

No, bad idea, though that's probably why you him to do it. Plus there is no benefit toward the President, the onus is on the accuser to prove something not on the accused to disprove it. So far the only thing they've proved is that some Democrats feel he intended something they didn't like.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 60 61 62