users online
Ew
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

who would think that airbrushed pic is attractive, looks like a 30 year old woman in a 12 year old girls body.

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/10/14/ralph-lauren-distorted-ad-skinny-model-fired-for-being-fat/?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F10%2F14%2Fralph-lauren-distorted-ad-skinny-model-fired-for-being-fat%2F
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-15 00:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> What the *** did I just see? I can floss with that airbrush girl...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 00:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

she looks like she needs a Bic Mac
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-15 00:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gollum, Gollum!!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-10-15 00:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I feel they are pretty asinine in airbrushing an image, especially to such an extent. Hyperbolic presentations of beauty can already be beyond the levels of sense.. But to go so far as to take a thin, attractive model, and then distort her to sub-human levels is a bit ridiculous. Even further when you don't get any sense of actual beauty there, especially due to proportions..

As for their ability to distort the image.. Odds are, her contract contains a release that allows them the rights to the image, and this often means the company can use or distort the image largely as they please. This is especially true since the model likely agreed to airbrushing in previous circumstances to allow for a better picture.

As for being fired for being too fat.. Unfortunately, again.. Many of these contracts are pretty precise. If they can provide evidence to the idea that her job function was to model these clothes, and that it requires a specific figure to model their intended line, they can terminate contract for breach.

It really is unattractive, though, and the woman herself is not. It seems like a distorted sense of beauty that drive these designers, because the clothing they sell often extends into sizes that are larger than the models they'd attempt to discharge for their weight.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-10-15 00:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A sad world we live in when looking like this is considered hot.

User submitted image
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-15 00:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I considered making a post about this when I saw it several days ago but I have a tendency of making threads that go nowhere..so I didnt.

I laughed when I saw that picture. What were the people who ordered the photoshopz thinking? theres no way that looks natural or possible or attractive. Her head is wider than her hips! If this catches on as the new beautiful then...well I dont know what then...lol...new cosmetic surgery for hip shaving I guess....

Ralph Lauren threatened to sue multiple companies for copywrite violations for showing that image, boingboing refused to remove it and their response to RL was hilarious. I wish I had the previous article I read. Something about how they cant sue over Copywrite violations and everytime they get threatened then they'll just post the threatening letter on the internets for all to ridicule.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-15 00:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, but the average woman is not a size negative six. >_> Even in America where the average woman are now a tad bit "overweight" as opposed to optimal based on doctor standards and now model standards...it's not a size one. I have no clue what a guy can see in a woman that thin. :/ I like my women thin, yes. But I am also thin and not looking for a stick figure to make fire with. That image was disturbing and kinda disgusting to be honest.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 00:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

heres the actual article, courtesy of Msn.com...

Size 4 model: I was fired for being too fat

the pic was definitely shopped
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 00:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

They should take her and Kate Moss and make a nice bridge with it! The toothpick supermodels bridge, how awesome would it be? ^^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-15 00:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing this and laughing a few days ago. Pretty inline with what Daus said, I don't even know why they went to such extremes with it. I'm sure they shop some stuff, but she just looks alien-like and disgusting in this, much less the cultural message of taking the freakishly thin super-model one step further. I'm glad to see it being talked about more for no other reason than for the model who got the boot to get her job back.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's like what they did in Spain, some of their models on the runway were TOO skinny so they pulled them off.

I'd be surprised when a picture ISNT airbrushed.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-15 10:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks gross. AIRBRUSH KNEEGROOOOW