Thf Savage Blade Set

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thf savage blade set
Thf savage blade set
By Silentnights 2019-08-27 22:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone share? I’m try to come up with one, but aside from ambu cape, I don’t know what else to go with
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-08-27 23:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine it would look a lot like a COR's Savage Blade set- Naegling, use your +WSD AF/Relic where possible/appropriate, Meg. Gloves +2, fill in with Augmented Herculean Gear as needed. Epaminondas's Ring, Regal Ring(or Shukuyu Ring if you lack), Caro Necklace, Prosilio Belt +1, TP Moonshade Earring, Ishvara Earring.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-08-28 01:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably something like this:
ItemSet 368289
- Cele forgot that THF gets Gere Ring ;)
- I'd be interested to see how Sherida stacks up versus Ishvara, might win?
- Originally I was thinking that high WSD (e.g., DM augs with WSD+6~10) Herc Helm/Trousers might be able to beat out the THF AF hat/Relic legs... but they'd have to be pretty damn good, since the THF JSE also have a significant STR/MND advantage.

I picked Taming Sari for offhand due to D Sword skill, which makes me a bit more wary of Centovente in this case due to a higher likelihood of running into acc issues from Naegling. Sari has STR+22/MND+12 that's excellent for Savage, adds some acc to mainhand through Acc+20/DEX+22. Tauret might be worth some consideration if you're still struggling for accuracy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-08-28 07:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

damn that Gere ring! good catch capuchin! I do have one question- since THFs using Savage are fighting their lower sword skill, if you're using any AF+3 in your set, wouldn't the set bonus accuracy only help? The relevant stats on Regal would be STR+10/atk+20 vs. Gere's STR+10/atk+16 with some spikes due to the TA...you'd see higher spikes in damage but much more consistent damage with Regal? Again, my THF is no where near a "main" job of mine, merely theorycrafting here.

I'd also 100% agree w/ offhanding a dagger, and Taming Sari with its chunks of stats only helps Savage.
By malakef 2019-08-28 08:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I picked Taming Sari for offhand due to D Sword skill, which makes me a bit more wary of Centovente in this case due to a higher likelihood of running into acc issues from Naegling.

I'm afraid if not using a TP bonus of some sort than the whole point of building this set is pointless unless you are constantly sitting on a ton of TP overflow. One of the primary reasons its so good on COR is the TP gun.

Also, Rudra's scales nearly as well as SB so not entirely sure why the effort to make this unless its for something where avoiding SC's is the goal. I think I'd get a taruet or kaja knife build going instead of SB unless its for the outlined no SC scenario.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-28 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful for NMs that take reduced piercing damage or only slashing damage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-28 10:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you want to gear thief for savage blade when you could gear it for rudra's storm instead? If you already have Naegeling and no relevant daggers I can understand the temptation to carry it over, but our sword skill is just too low. You're looking at a difference of 83 skill, and that's really going to hurt your numbers. Thief should be using daggers, and I have little doubt a kaja knife would outperform a naegeling, let alone the upgraded tauret. The gear sets you'd be using for savage blade would overlap with your evisceration and/or rudra's storm sets too. Basically, whatever you built for with a sword would perform better with a dagger in your main hand instead. Don't get me wrong, naegeling is a great weapon, and savage blade is incredibly powerful. But so is tauret, and so is rudra's storm, and with Tauret mainhand evisceration is too.

Quote:
Useful for NMs that take reduced piercing damage or only slashing damage.

Valid argument, however niche it may be. For the purpose of brevity the above gear set looks pretty good, but I'd recommend grunfeld rope for the waist slot instead of Prosilio +1. Mainly due to the aforementioned discrepency between dagger skill versus sword skill. You'll probably want the accuracy more than the multi attack, and the secondary mods go well with savage blade. Situational gearing aside though, dagger should still be your primary weapon on thief.