Block Those Stars!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Block those stars!
Block those stars!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-22 08:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because it was asked about again.
[+]
 Asura.Pazuzuu
By Asura.Pazuzuu 2020-05-22 08:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I bumped your mom
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-22 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you can block people who are pregnant with this.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-05-22 10:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but that person isn't actually pregnant so it won't work on them.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-22 11:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You could block the word "pregnant" and it would stop certain yells from getting through on Asura. That could be a thing. Sorry, Paz.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
By DeusDisciple 2020-08-05 14:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if there's anyway to port this addon to Ashita? I've noticed more recently that it's starting to get really getting annoying having to blist the gil sellers and job point bots constantly in shout chat.

I usually would just ignore them before but anymore it's like non stop with the JP botters making new throw away characters every day to spam shout. If it's not possible due to compatibility issues then I'd understand. This is just one of those few really good addons that doesn't seem to have a port to Ashita like a lot of others do.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-24 02:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pazuzuu said: »

I bumped your mom

Bumping for Pazuzuu's baby shower.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-08-24 04:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm so dumb when it comes to this addon and adding new words. here's the section with two words i want to add. everything else in there is blocked but Buy? and Full clear still get through.
Code
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),'1%-99','Job Point.*2100','Job Point.*500','JP.*2100','JP.*500','Buy?','Full clear',
'Capacity Point.*2100','Capacity Point.*500','CP.*2100','CP.*500','IGXE','ffxishop','Hot2019','Middle-man','☆','★','INSTANT delivery'} -- First two are '☆' and '★' symbols.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-27 17:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It was asked about in my linkshell /and/ someone made a thread on here complaining about Asura yells so...

Bump.
By zigzagzig 2020-09-10 05:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since update mine is broken now, doesnt filter >< /wrist
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-09-10 05:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to add '0-2100', '500P' to the end of the brackets at line 12, I think the sellers got wind and change the shouts a little bit
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 10:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Character Whereisdi on Asura is currently broken as well so something is mucked up. I saw Box Destroyer addon needs(needed?) fixed too so I think it's more than then RMT caught on.

Also, why would they care at the point where people go out of their way to mod their games to block them. Obviously they aren't getting any new customers if they try to get around it to spam people with zero interest.

Honestly, shout/yell is a shitshow after update with people wanting to buy/sell orbs, Trove drops, and new over-priced Ambuscade. Best to leave yell/shout filters on entirely the first week after an update.

Did the two things Brennski added help anyone, by the way? If it's just an easy fix like that, I could probably swing it, but I get an error in my windower console about stars which seems like there is more to it.

[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2020-09-10 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah something is up, *** dosnt work either, I'm bout to /shutdown until its fixed . . .
Maybe the RMTs made some agreement with SE! l o l
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-10 10:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All that happened is something changed in VU and the first few characters of yells being a bit different that what we normally expect. Also note the yells section of the site is currently 'elling' instead of 'selling'

Bottom is what's in the cleaned message used for comparison. Probably just needs a small tweak somewhere. In the mean time, most yells can be blocked with '500.*m' might have a bit of collateral damage but w/e not like yell's super interesting.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-09-10 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the two things Brennski added help anyone, by the way? If it's just an easy fix like that, I could probably swing it, but I get an error in my windower console about stars which seems like there is more to it.

I get an error in the console about auto-translate which probably needs fixing but I don't see the JP Seller yells by adding those two pieces of the stars/*** lua.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 10:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*** off does throw an error, if that's broke for the love of god cancel everything else and fix this priority one
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 11:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

*** and stars is the same thing; just differently named. Just look back through this thread. You can name it and its folder whatever you wanted. Some people called it stars. Some ***.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Stars and FO are "different"

FO created maintained by chiaia (throwing an error)
Stars was a quick dirty fix (that was greatly appreciated) but replaced by a "proper lua"

With FO some of the 500 jp shouts are coming through and it's doing the red text error in the windower menu
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 11:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah, FO is giving the console error:
fo: lua runtime error: fo/fo.lua:17: bad argument #1 to 'convert_auto_trans' (string expected, got nil)

It's squares fault, they screwed up something in autotranslate, so Idk if the answer is "wait" or "please please beg fix"
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-10 11:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot renamed *** off stars it seems. We get questions about it from time to time in discord.

Anyway the chat packet was slightly modified this update it's been reported to us at this point. It doesn't just mess up fo it will be fixed on windower calm down. Only was pointed out like 15 minutes ago to us.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 11:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"*** off" isn't the best name... aggressive but understandable lol

I just changed it to FO (I still have the OG stars lua too)

"Stars" will crash the game if KoH talks. (which is super handy for skipping TOAU cutscenes... if you don't mind logging back in)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Monthly updates which mainly began to keep up with Ambuscade and Deeds objectives switching out worry me so much with this game's spaghetti code. It also led to SE's "Eh, we'll fix it in a few weeks in the next patch" mentality. The Known Issues fixes seem to be about tied with the Emergency Updates they have to do. Oh well. Such is the state of the game at the moment. Thank you for your efforts.

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-10 17:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be fixed as of 2 minutes ago pushed an update to the packets library.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-01 19:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it me or are the annoying *** job mercs intentionally leaving letters off of their yells to get thru this add on? Also is there any difference between this and yell?
[+]
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2020-10-01 22:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

idk if its been asked or added yet. Does it have a wild card? Wild card meaning you can add a phrase or a word and no matter how its spaced it would be blocked regardless instead of adding multi versions of a phrase?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-01 23:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Is it me or are the annoying *** job mercs intentionally leaving letters off of their yells to get thru this add on? Also is there any difference between this and yell?

Why in the world people would go to the effort to adapt to force their spam into the chat logs of people that didn't want it and actively have worked to remove it from their game experience is beyond me. I can't see a single player being like: Oh man. I made the effort to block them, but now that they are circumventing my block, I most certainly want to purchase their services.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-02 03:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK just been noticing it alot lately.
By Agrestic 2020-10-23 22:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What strategies are people employing to expand this addon to cover the Dyanamis/Ambuscade/Odin/Aeonic merc shouts? I've done some minor editing on my own but I'm a little worried about killing non-merc PUG shouts and am receptive to improvements.
Code
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),'1%-99','Job Point.*2100','Job Point.*500','JP.*2100','JP.*500','Capacity Point.*2100','Capacity Point.*500','CP.*2100','CP.*500','0-2100','Omen.*Buy','Odin.*Buy','Dynamis.*Buy','Escha.*Buy','Reisenjima,*Buy','WOC.*Buy','Dynamis %-.*%dM'}
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-10-24 00:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Agrestic said: »
What strategies are people employing to expand this addon to cover the Dyanamis/Ambuscade/Odin/Aeonic merc shouts? I've done some minor editing on my own but I'm a little worried about killing non-merc PUG shouts and am receptive to improvements.
Code
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),'1%-99','Job Point.*2100','Job Point.*500','JP.*2100','JP.*500','Capacity Point.*2100','Capacity Point.*500','CP.*2100','CP.*500','0-2100','Omen.*Buy','Odin.*Buy','Dynamis.*Buy','Escha.*Buy','Reisenjima,*Buy','WOC.*Buy','Dynamis %-.*%dM'}

You could always try shout_ml, by default it blocks mercs/RMT/job point shouts. Let's through chat/non-merc selling and buying/content. It doesn't do keyword specific blocks for trump or anything though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-22 18:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Since some people doing know about this still...

A simple explaination:

You will need to download Notepad++ probably (or at least I did) to make a .lua, unless I'm stupid.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
make a new folder (I called it stars, obviously)

Copy paste [the code below] onto note++ save as Stars.lua

Drop it in the new file, drop file in add-ons

//lua load stars

(then add stars to the init text so that its always on)

The code:

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Here's a quick and dirty addon that's more like Masunasu's but actually only checks the incoming chat packet, has some modes added, and is easier to add other strings.
Code
_addon.name = '***'
_addon.version = '0.10'
_addon.author = 'Chiaia (Asura)'
_addon.commands = {'***','fo'} --Won't do anything atm.

packets = require('packets')

local blackListedUsers = T{'TotallyABotOne','TotallyABotTwo','TotallyABotThree',} -- Want to block all messages from X user then added there name(s) here.

-- I could do a general digit check on JP instead of set 500/2100 values but atm I feel it's not needed. Will see if they change thier tactics.
-- If you want to learn more about "Magical Characters" or Patterns in Lua: https://riptutorial.com/lua/example/20315/lua-pattern-matching
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),'1%-99','Job Point.*2100','Job Point.*500','JP.*2100','JP.*500','Capacity Point.*2100','Capacity Point.*500','CP.*2100','CP.*500',} -- First two are '☆' and '★' symbols.

windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id,data)
    if id == 0x017 then -- 0x017 Is incoming chat.
        local chat = packets.parse('incoming', data)
        local cleaned = windower.convert_auto_trans(chat['Message']):lower()

if blackListedUsers:contains(chat['Sender Name']) then -- Blocks any message from X user in any chat mode.
            return true
        elseif (chat['Mode'] == 3 or chat['Mode'] == 1 or chat['Mode'] == 26) then -- RMT checks in tell, shouts, and yells. Years ago they use to use tells to be more stealthy about gil selling.
            for k,v in ipairs(blackListedWords) do
                if cleaned:match(v:lower()) then
                    return true
                end
            end
        end
    end
end)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8