Yes it was Valoredge head/frame with Bone Crusher spam. I'm sure the attachments spread may have changed slightly with the recent changes, but it was basically Steam Jacket, MJ4, AP4, OF1/2, and the rest DPS. Flash and Voke also for when your pets die to reclaim hate. The only dangerous part is running in to do repair, but you can easily watch your robots HP, and when it dips significantly, you know Hammer just went off. Can sub whm for Dia2 and reraise/raises and a vile elixir just in case. If doing the OD method with COR resets, probably won't take more than 3-4 minutes now.
Don't forget analyzer.
Last time I did this could kill with 1 cor 2 pups before OD wore off without needing to use repair. If something weird happened and OD wore sometimes needed repair but never had any autos die once I got the setup down
PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.
There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.
I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.
I'm really interested in trying to tribox this on PUP as it seems a lot more fun than last time's RS > RS darkness + Mew method. What are you using for sets doing this? Standard Bonecrusher + Taeon tanking sets, DA Taeon or something more tailored to the situation?
PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.
There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.
I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.
I'm really interested in trying to tribox this on PUP as it seems a lot more fun than last time's RS > RS darkness + Mew method. What are you using for sets doing this? Standard Bonecrusher + Taeon tanking sets, DA Taeon or something more tailored to the situation?
Depends on risky you will to get since the hammers can still hurt a bit. Personally I mostly just stayed in the tanking hybrid set. So like the taeon is dt, acc, DA. It's been awhile but I think I kept anwig on. Attachments have been discussed but maneuvers I'd use were light, fire, water to really boost that steam jacket/MJ.
pup has gained a lot sense then so when I get the chance going to try experimenting a bit to optimize
PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.
There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.
I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.
I'm really interested in trying to tribox this on PUP as it seems a lot more fun than last time's RS > RS darkness + Mew method. What are you using for sets doing this? Standard Bonecrusher + Taeon tanking sets, DA Taeon or something more tailored to the situation?
Depends on risky you will to get since the hammers can still hurt a bit. Personally I mostly just stayed in the tanking hybrid set. So like the taeon is dt, acc, DA. It's been awhile but I think I kept anwig on. Attachments have been discussed but maneuvers I'd use were light, fire, water to really boost that steam jacket/MJ.
pup has gained a lot sense then so when I get the chance going to try experimenting a bit to optimize
This entirely. My PUP was barely over 100 JP last rendition of le'frog, and it was still good enough to tank it for several minutes and push out some DPS. OD really makes it that much more fun. Used exactly the same Taeon/Anwig set and attachments/maneuvers listed above (think I used Condemners for extra DT). Can do the ol voke-ventriloquy-deploy method if you want to start robot with a big hate lead. Should have no problem with this setup. The more PUP you have the easier. Just need to make sure you bring a corsair and don't ever not have rolls up, or it will use Providence and it's most likely a wipe at that point. Just temper your maneuvers based on what you need (swap to 3 light after a hammer, then gradually back to water/fire). One of my more favorite ambu months
I have pup built that I never use, but it's only tank gear. I'm guessing I would need super good automaton dd gear to be useful in this ambus as a pup?
nah, she said the same stupid kinda ***before about one that was immune to geo, touting how good using geo was. either a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or a bad troll.
Just did ambu D with a full pup/sch setup, ain't bother with melees on it. Just make sure you stay 40 yalms away popping maneuvers with DT gear on master for pet, /mana jammer 4/steam jacket attachment.
Quenching Hammer is damage based on buffs, and only used when a job with native MP is present. GEO PLD BRD SMN RUN BLU COR I think were confirmed to cause it.
The exact details, specifically which jobs do and don't cause it weren't fully fleshed out. (because, why the *** bother, just pet burn it...)
If you took DNC main heal and 5 mnk nin dnc war drg it should never do it, tough to silence that way though, but you've got stuns.
Just did ambu D with a full pup/sch setup, ain't bother with melees on it. Just make sure you stay 40 yalms away popping maneuvers with DT gear on master for pet, /mana jammer 4/steam jacket attachment.
You don't have to be 40 away. It's 30'. The tricky part is it's 30 away from the target of the move so you might think you are fine and actually be fine for a few then bam it switches to another and pwned. Personally when I go in for a quick lookie loo I just park my cor mule 29' away from the frog on the opposite side the autos are on. Let's me see all the damages while being safe
Quenching Hammer is damage based on buffs, and only used when a job with native MP is present.
The bolded part has been debunked a billion times before. namely all the pup groups going at it.
I'd have to go back thru my notes for more details but I only saw it use the other move once using cor +pups and that was some weird recovery run where I was just holding with 1 pup and the rest dead for awhile
Quenching Hammer owns your life. Pets or Erinys style THF.
I would update the OP, but, tbh, the whole strat is covered in that one sentence. That really is it. If you buff, you die. So, the result is pup, conduit, or gravity SaRudra with some tp stealin'