Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-08-06 05:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

All this mentioning of Cheesesteaks and no one has mentioned WE GOT CORNBREAD NOW!

I don't care if it's mage food. Best. Update. Ever.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-08-06 05:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Another HTB I don’t need to do I guess.

When is ranger going to get something SE? Asking for a friend.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-06 06:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Even for Jinpu and other magic WS you can go for MAB 25-30 and WSD 4% on Valorous mail so this body wouldn't be best possible for it.

Yeah... you keep trying for that wsd 4% mab 25~30 valorous body.

I'll take the new body from Alexander instead.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-06 07:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Didn't you get the message? Unless every job you have is BiS in every way you're a gimp now!

Finally, someone who gets it. Wish I had more guys like you in my linkshell.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 07:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it mentioned but I believe this month if pulse weapon from deeds. Haven't logged in to see the monthly htbf objective yet
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 07:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the food is interesting, the stuff with accuracy, magic accuracy and some version of magic evasion or magic defense bonus. So Clam chowder, rustic fish and behemoth sandwich.

RDM update is epic, the T2 categories are actually useful and we get all our spells now.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-06 07:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-08-06 07:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually fixed their descriptions this time. This month is Shadow Lord.

Also gardening again ~_~
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-06 07:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does magic attack food always have to suck so hard? Fast cast +5% and magic burst damage II +2. Seriously? 2!! TWO? We have melees eating red curry buns gaining 150 attack, and mage's best nuking food give +13 magic attack (15 for the HQ 2). Then again, the elemental magic damage formula itself is so skewed toward the liner side right now it doesn't matter, but still..... it would be nice to see a real nuking food for once.... eighteen years later.

The cape is nice but nothing to write home about. 25 dex, 25 agi 6% wsd is strictly weaker than 30 (Stat) wsd +10. That includes thief's trick attack rudra's storm, because the 25 agility only adds 25 base damage to the weaponskill (trick attack's agility is added separate from the main calculation and does not get multiplied by fTP bonuses). That leaves the skillchain bonus. It's going to be a bit stronger when you close a skillchain, but whenever you don't it's strictly worse than ambuscade capes. And stronger weaponskills create stronger skillchains too so I'm not even going to bother with the inventory -1.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 08:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Why does magic attack food always have to suck so hard? Fast cast +5% and magic burst damage II +2. Seriously? 2!! TWO? We have melees eating red curry buns gaining 150 attack, and mage's best nuking food give +13 magic attack (15 for the HQ 2). Then again, the elemental magic damage formula itself is so skewed toward the liner side right now it doesn't matter, but still..... it would be nice to see a real nuking food for once.... eighteen years later.

On the other side, mDiff doesn't have a known cap while melee attack can be capped out with some effort. Right now the best non-accuracy melee food is Carbonara for the +175 HP and +6 Store TP.

That being said, SE should really introduce a 20~25 MAB food that also has 30~50 Macc, it's about time and it wont' be game breaking in the slightest.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 08:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Didn't see it mentioned but I believe this month if pulse weapon from deeds. Haven't logged in to see the monthly htbf objective yet

The second post in the thread u_u
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-06 08:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

The second post in the thread u_u

uwu
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-06 08:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On the other side, mDiff doesn't have a known cap while melee attack can be capped out with some effort. Right now the best non-accuracy melee food is Carbonara for the +175 HP and +6 Store TP.

The new popoto gratto is pretty nice for a bunch of jobs as well. Warrior can already hit 100% DA rate, and thief has so much triple attack that DA values depreciate, but 5% DA and 5 sTP is nothing to sneeze at for anything else. Which is kind of the point I was trying to make. Melee food is all pretty solid, and no matter what your setup needs there's always an option that will significantly boost DPS. Accuracy, Attack, sTP, etc. It's all there, and in plentifully abundant quantities in most cases. But aside from tropical crepe (FINALLY decent magic accuracy food) mage food is really lacking. And elemental magic itself is in need of an overhaul too. They could certainly throw mages a bone with the selections and it wouldn't break a darn thing.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-06 09:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

mdiff?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-06 09:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic attack versus magic defense ratio.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-06 10:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

never heard it call that. But yes there are no known upper caps on mab or mdb though mdb does have a min floor… also a lot harder to significantly increase that ratio compared to pdif
 Asura.Aravlis
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2019-08-06 10:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance but how are pulse weapons obtained from deeds? Is this different than the 170 deeds I see on BG wiki?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-06 10:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You get 170 deeds, giving you the ability to redeem for a Kupon. You trade the Kupon to a dealer moogle for the pulse weapon of your choice.
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2019-08-06 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the free pulse weapon that's being talked about referring to that or another way? I'm just back from a break since the beginning of the year so I'm unfamiliar with that system.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-08-06 10:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The deeds are what they're referring to- a max of 40 deeds have been available per month, so this month is the earliest anyone could have possibly obtained the 170 points if they did all the RoE every month since introduction.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 10:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what we're talking about. If you've been keeping up on your monthly deeds on main/mules, you're all set.
[+]
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2019-08-06 10:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha, thanks!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 10:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone I have blocked was asking what mDiff was? It's just like pDiff but for magic. Notice MAB is "Magic Attack Bonus" and not just "Magic Attack", same with MDB. This is because all characters have 100 Magic Attack and 100 Magic Defense.

So mDiff becomes (100+MAB)/(100+MDB). For a very long time monsters had the same 100/100 that we had with only Job Traits adding, and then iLevel happened and now monsters don't always have 100 base Magic Defense. Remember monsters don't wear gear so SE countered our power growth by adding to their base values.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 10:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh. The God Damn Grow and Harvest again.

What's the item that grows the fastest again. I know someone said it the last time grow and harvest came up, can't remember which month it was in the update thread for.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-08-06 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

grains seeds I believe

I’m trying to remember what pots work, I think my arcanes didn’t for some reason
By Boshi 2019-08-06 11:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sigh. The God Damn Grow and Harvest again.

What's the item that grows the fastest again. I know someone said it the last time grow and harvest came up, can't remember which month it was in the update thread for.

revival tree root
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-08-06 11:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you’re thinking mog furrows
[+]