Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 198 199 200
By Nausi 2019-08-07 08:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
Not to 8chan.

Yes, it was posted there minutes before the shooting.
Not according to the owner of 8chan

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/owner-of-8chan-says-the-manifesto-was-not-uploaded-by-the-el-paso-walmart-shooter/

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-07 09:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"First of all, the El Paso shooter posted on Instagram, not 8chan," Watkins said in the video. "Later, someone uploaded the manifesto. However, that manifesto was not uploaded by the Walmart shooter. I don't know if he wrote it or not, but it was not uploaded by the murderer; that is clear."

Which part of this is a garbage made up argument you'd only find of 8chan?
By Nausi 2019-08-07 09:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, 8chan was back up last night.

Long live freedom of speech.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 09:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, its a garbage made up argument for sure, born out of desperation, but its not unique to 8chan.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 09:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also curious on how he determined it wasn't uploaded by the shooter.

Well like nausi, it seems like he is pretending smartphones don't exist.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-08-07 09:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Mental illness isn't a major risk factor for gun violence, but here's what is
People who have a history of risky or dangerous behavior are far more likely to commit gun violence than a person diagnosed with mental illness.

NBCnews

Personally I would say that anyone who does a mass shooting is not right in the head, but that isn't mental illness, more a mental deficiency.

Then again I think anyone who votes Republican, and makes less than 1/4m/year also has a mental deficiency.
This argument is stupid and anyone who uses it is trying to have it both ways. Mental illness itself is not a mental illness, there are various mental illnesses and some are violent while some are not. We aren't talking about autistic kids going and shooting up schools and ***, we're talking about people who are psychotic or have some sort of condition no one has really put a name to yet.

This whole "but it demonizes people with mental conditions" argument is wrong. If demonizing innocent people is what they are against, they're already doing that to gamers and responsible gun owners.

The whole mental health field is ever changing. Stuff comes and goes.

But let's ignore healthcare and continue bitching about guns and games while people out there are so troubled, so lost that they kill themselves, kill others, or suffer everyday from ***they saw during a war we sent them off to.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 10:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

But let's ignore healthcare and continue bitching about guns and games..

OK!
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-07 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Im curious what evidence Instagram has that it wasn’t uploaded to their site. Because its on instagram.
He can probably classify the IP address as outside the us. Or from a non mobile device.
By Eboneezer 2019-08-07 10:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No but I'm pretty sure he did use language dehumanizing people who crosses the southern border (Which is mainly hispanics), which was re-used in the shooters manifesto.

Trump has to be careful with his choice of words because even if he doesn't mean to do harm, his words have impact.

Every President before him has spoken out against illegal immigration. Nothing Trump has ever said on the issue has even come close to calling for violence like this.

Obama spoke out against police brutality and officers were ambushed and murdered in Dallas. Why did he not have to be careful with words? Oh yeah, because he isn't Trump.

People don't have to be careful with words when speaking about policies or facts. Facts are much more important than feelings. People need to quit making excuses for this kind of violence.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 11:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
People don't have to be careful with words when speaking about policies or facts. Facts are much more important than feelings. People need to quit making excuses for this kind of violence.

You cannot pretend that words do not have an impact on the lunatics out there.
By Nausi 2019-08-07 11:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
No but I'm pretty sure he did use language dehumanizing people who crosses the southern border (Which is mainly hispanics), which was re-used in the shooters manifesto.

Trump has to be careful with his choice of words because even if he doesn't mean to do harm, his words have impact.

Every President before him has spoken out against illegal immigration. Nothing Trump has ever said on the issue has even come close to calling for violence like this.

Obama spoke out against police brutality and officers were ambushed and murdered in Dallas. Why did he not have to be careful with words? Oh yeah, because he isn't Trump.

Chanti is actually arguing that calling rapists and murderers “rapists and murderers” is somehow dehumanizing.

What she wants to argue is that Trump has called Mexicans rapist and murderers except she cant because he’s never done that. Its all the media’s distortion of whats actually happening.
By Nausi 2019-08-07 11:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shes 100% regurgitating facts I don't like.

Meanwhile calling trump supporters white nationalist and racists and nazis (my personal favorite) is ACTUALLY dehumanizing.

The classic liberal move of projection.
By Nausi 2019-08-07 11:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal outrage of the day. Trump did a bad when he said he would raise the flags on 8/8 because H is the eighth letter of the alphabet and HH means Heil Hitler.

-Trump 100% nazi confirmed. Dog whistle confirmed.
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal outrage of the day. Trump did a bad when he said he would raise the flags on 8/8 because H is the eighth letter of the alphabet and HH means Heil Hitler.

-Trump 100% nazi confirmed. Dog whistle confirmed.

lol, fake.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-08-07 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile calling trump supporters white nationalist and racists and nazis (my personal favorite) is ACTUALLY dehumanizing.

So you do get it, you just refuse to apply it on what Trump says. Depicting a large portion of immigrants as rapists, murderers, drug dealers is dehumanizing when it's in fact a very small minority.

Same goes with Trump voters. A few of them are bad, the vast majority aren't.
Please point out where trump depicted rhe vast makority of illegal immigrants as rapists and murderers

(You cant)
By Viciouss 2019-08-07 11:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So you do get it, you just refuse to apply it on what Trump says. Depicting a large portion of immigrants as rapists, murderers, drug dealers is dehumanizing when it's in fact a very small minority.

Same goes with Trump voters. A few of them are bad, the vast majority aren't.

Not just that, accusing Mexico and other countries of sending rapists and murderers, and implying they get in via the visa lottery system, neither of which are even close to being true.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-08-07 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, so he clearly qualifies in the part you quoted that there are good people in the group coming from Mexico.

So again i ask where is the dehumanizing of people who aren’t rapists and murderers in what he said? Or are we going to argue that calling rapists and murderers, “rapists and murderers” is not a good thing to do?

Mexico IS sending us their rapists and murderers. It is far better for their prisons to ship their criminals up north than for them to stay in Mexico.
By fonewear 2019-08-07 12:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

More Simpsons videos and gifs less boring gun talk.
By fonewear 2019-08-07 12:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-08-07 12:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2019-08-07 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 198 199 200