Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 15:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wimbledon is going on right now. There is no Women's Wimbledon or Men's Wimbledon, its just Wimbledon. Both the men and women are playing at the same time, on the same days. As the tourney winds down they will alternate days. Serena advanced today, playing on Centre Court. The men's big 3 will play tomorrow, I know Novak will play on Centre Court and I'm guessing Nadal will get bumped to Court 1 because they love Federer more. The women's final will be on Saturday, the men's on Sunday. Both champions will receive the same amount of reward money. This is how it is for all 4 of the Grand Slams.

FIFA can easily copy this model, just eliminate the Men's World Cup and the Women's World Cup and call it the World Cup. Alternate the matches so the top seeds (and host country) get to play in the main stadium. Watch the money pour it and disperse it amongst the teams equally according to their respective places. Its not rocket science.
By Nausi 2019-07-09 15:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Equal pay is on the way for the women's soccer tournaments. Europe has figured out that women can play the sport just as well as men, and are now investing in their own talent pool. We saw the results, and the tv ratings, 7 of the last 8 teams standing in the World Cup were European. The usual suspects that are up there challenging Team USA like Canada, Japan, and Brazil were nowhere to be seen. That's all that was needed, Europe had to invest in women's soccer.

Now that they have been convinced, its only a matter of time before they are paid the same. Its the same product, just copy tennis, have your tournaments with a men's draw and a women's draw. That takes care of the revenue gap. Done.

I'll just repost this, nausi's hate can't stop it. Its not surprising at all that he is trying tho. Even less surprising that he is failing.
Vuc missing the point as usual.
By Nausi 2019-07-09 15:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Combining mens and womens sports into one event does not make women better players nor does it make people more apt to tune in to watch the women compete.

Businesses call this a loss leader. Concerts and shows aren’t named for their opening acts.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-09 16:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FIFA can easily copy this model,

Which model, the one where the women ride the ratings that the men draw?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 16:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Combining mens and womens sports into one event does not make women better players nor does it make people more apt to tune in to watch the women compete.

Businesses call this a loss leader. Concerts and shows aren’t named for their opening acts.

Yeah, it's too bad that wokeness and economics are things that live in completely different realities.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, it's too bad it has worked for tennis for 50 years. Reality blows up another conspiracy theory.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 17:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, it's too bad it has worked for tennis for 50 years. Reality blows up another conspiracy theory.

Congratulations, you found one sport where it works. Clearly that extrapolates to every sport in existence.

Also, dumbest definition of a "conspiracy theory" ever.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 18:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Your not basing your unfounded opinion on anything other than nausis shitposts. The sample size of sports is incredibly small. Oh wait, I forgot about THE OLYMPICS, silly me! The Olympics already combine their men's and women's competitors into one single 2 week competition! And it draws huge ratings! Damn! So, tennis and the Olympics have staggering success combining men and women brackets. What's stopping FIFA? After the successful 2019 WC, nothing. It's on the way. No amount of anti-womem rhetoric can stop it,
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 19:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Your not basing your unfounded opinion on anything other than nausis shitposts. The sample size of sports is incredibly small. Oh wait, I forgot about THE OLYMPICS, silly me! The Olympics already combine their men's and women's competitors into one single 2 week competition! And it draws huge ratings! Damn! So, tennis and the Olympics have staggering success combining men and women brackets. What's stopping FIFA? After the successful 2019 WC, nothing. It's on the way. No amount of anti-womem rhetoric can stop it,

Sometimes the amount of dumb in a post is so overwhelming that I don't even want to piece it out. This is one of them.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, cute. I know you don't have anything, don't worry about it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 19:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We should cut the men's baseball games in half and air women's softball instead. The average baseball player makes twenty times more than the highest paid female softball player annually. They should really just take all that extra money from the male teams and pay the women more. If the viewership for softball isn't as good, they could just blackout a huge chunk of the men's games so that people are forced to watch the women. Maybe make the World Series just one game for the men and best of seven for the women so that the total viewership evens out.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 19:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, you got nothing. That's a nausi level shitpost, good for laughs only. Both of you look like idiots right now. Im sorry you can't handle the fact that women's soccer is trending skyward.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 19:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, so that's how it is? I propose a way for women to become more equal with the men in your favorite sport and suddenly what I'm saying is a joke? No amount of comparing me to Nausi can make up for you being a misogynist pig.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-09 21:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, you haven't said anything. Nice troll attempt tho, and that's all it was. A troll post.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-09 21:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, what a deflection. Clearly you don't care about women. But whatever, continue feeding the inequality as you watch your precious Cubs while most pro women players are making a little over a hundred bucks per game.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-09 23:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wow, what a deflection. Clearly you don't care about women. But whatever, continue feeding the inequality as you watch your precious Cubs while most pro women players are making a little over a hundred bucks per game.

Well he is a sexist misogynist after all.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 00:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, idiots.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-07-10 04:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal Logic 101:

DACA kids should not be punished for the crimes of their parents. It's not right!!!!

Also Liberals: We should pay reparations for families of former slaves because our white ancestors enslaved them 200+ years ago!!!

You cannot make this ***up.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-10 06:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations, you found one sport where it works. Clearly that extrapolates to every sport in existence.

It doesn’t “work” any different in tennis. People don't tune in to watch women play sports. They tune in to watch the men, and are forced to also watch the women.

That doesn’t magically make women’s sports more entertaining. One more liberal delusion.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 06:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the amount of dumb in a post is so overwhelming that I don't even want to piece it out. This is one of them.
Yep theres times where i think Vic is just a troll and time where i think he really is inept, this is surely a great example of the later.

What he doesn't realize is that by perpetuating the myth that women are the same as men, he’s actually pushing an impossible standard on them. He’s being incredibly cruel and sexist.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 07:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Liberal Logic 101:

DACA kids should not be punished for the crimes of their parents. It's not right!!!!

Also Liberals: We should pay reparations for families of former slaves because our white ancestors enslaved them 200+ years ago!!!

You cannot make this ***up.
White man bad
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 08:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

It doesn’t “work” any different in tennis. People don't tune in to watch women play sports. They tune in to watch the men, and are forced to also watch the women.

That doesn’t magically make women’s sports more entertaining. One more liberal delusion.

This is of course, completely made up :)
By Nausi 2019-07-10 09:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton still continuing to ***his pants. Flight logs confirm he was on those flights dozens of times with underage girls.

Epsteins wiki page has been scrubbed of his legitimate connections to leftists and to his jewish heritage (i wonder why).

Democrats and child rape are almost 100% mutually inclusive.
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, desperation is real this morning I see.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-10 11:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Addresses 'Unacceptable' Gender Pay Gap in US Soccer
'They are the best in the world and deserve to be paid accordingly'

Quote:
(Newser) – The US women's soccer team has now won four World Cups—four more than the men's team—and a Democratic senator is among those saying the women deserve to be paid at least as much as the men. Sen. Joe Manchin introduced a bill Tuesday that would withhold federal funding from the 2026 men's World Cup, which will be hosted by the US, Canada, and Mexico, until the US Soccer Federation agrees to equal pay for both teams...

The players say that while they are on a different pay structure from the men's team—they receive a salary plus bonuses, while the men receive bonuses only—they receive less money for playing more games, even though the women's game has brought in more revenue in recent years....
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 11:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FIFA will make a move on it soon enough. Copying the perfectly functioning tennis model will take care of the revenue disparity, even if it takes a few years to implement, and soccer will be much better off as a sport.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 11:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I see we’re already whining at full blast that women aren’t men today. The sexist hatred pf the left against women and men is on full display.
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 11:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-10 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your solution for the much bigger baseball/softball disparity, Vic?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 198 199 200