Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 198 199 200
By fonewear 2019-06-27 11:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-27 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
Something tells me that would cause a massive spike in Asian citizenship, since we stole the concept from them.
We didnt steal MXC from asia. We ought the rights to broadcast it here.
Another one of Vic’s lies.

lol, your desperation is amusing. If someone else said that it would be believable, but its you so, nah. I'm going with we stole the concept from them.
Its funny, in this case im intentional mocking how you argue.

And you think its desperate

lmao.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-27 14:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
They should just stay in Mexico then. Our country is at capacity. We don't need anymore people to do landscaping or pick fruits and vegetables.
Actually we do.

Fruit tree farms in WA tried to hire pickers from the cities around puget sound, transportation, room & board, hourly pay (its usually by the weight picked) all offered. Hardly any takers.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-27 14:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
They should just stay in Mexico then. Our country is at capacity. We don't need anymore people to do landscaping or pick fruits and vegetables.
Actually we do.

Fruit tree farms in WA tried to hire pickers from the cities around puget sound, transportation, room & board, hourly pay (its usually by the weight picked) all offered. Hardly any takers.

Why do hard labor when you've got politicians promising you all sorts of free stuff?
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-06-27 15:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone post a link that shows american jobs that are nearly all foreign born immigrants? The department of commerce has 474 separate occupations defined. I'm curious to see where people keep coming up with this nonsense about Americans not doing certain jobs.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-27 15:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Actually we do.

Why do hard labor when you've got politicians promising you all sorts of free stuff?
In the Seattle King County area, there are about 12,500 homeless people living on the streets or in shelters.

Obviously not all of those are fit to pick apples, but I think growers only got about 2 - 3 busses full so less than 1% of the king county homeless count and not all came from King county, nor were all homeless.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-27 15:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
can anyone post a link that shows american jobs that are nearly all foreign born immigrants? The department of commerce has 474 separate occupations defined. I'm curious to see where people keep coming up with this nonsense about Americans not doing certain jobs.
Slaughter houses and dairy farms to name just two.
By Nausi 2019-06-27 16:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, looks like house democrats will be caving on their “concentration camps” funding bill in favor of Trump and the senates bill.

They did have overwhelming leverage on the issue after all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-27 16:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Oops, looks like house democrats will be caving on their “concentration camps” funding bill in favor of Trump and the senates bill.

They did have overwhelming leverage on the issue after all.

Wasn't Vic just bragging about Trump having to pass whatever Pelosi gave him? I bet he wasn't expecting Trump to be passing a McConnell bill instead.

Oops.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-27 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

im surprised that Pelosi gave in on this, she got a couple of concessions from Pence, but nothing can stop Trump from rerouting the humanitarian money to the stupid wall. I guess that picture of the dead father and kid had an impact. The budget fight this fall probably just got a lot tougher.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-27 16:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm a bit too pragmatic, but I don't understand the big deal behind the picture. Yeah, it's sad, but it's not like this is a new issue. People have died in horrific ways while trying to emigrate (especially the unprepared, as in this case) since the dawn of humanity, and suddenly everyone cares because of one photo? Is everyone that blissfully unaware that they can't figure this out without some viral picture to make the point for them?

I would hope that our politicians aren't quite so ignorant, but hey. The great unwashed finally figured out the obvious, so it's time for the elites to put on that sad face for the media to show how much they care.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-06-27 17:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The progressives should probably relax a little bit on this one, it's just humanitarian money. No laws were changed, no "loopholes" were closed, no detention beds were authorized, no part of Trump's radical agenda was helped. And I would say the chances of Trump redirecting the money to other places are pretty damn low.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-27 17:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing what can be accomplished with bipartisan support when you don't attach ridiculous riders to bills.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-27 19:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By Nausi 2019-06-27 20:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
but I don't understand the big deal
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-06-27 21:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry we are going to build robots to pick apples so we won't have to have some illegal immigrant do it. That's progress !
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-06-28 00:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting for that link
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-28 00:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, a former Democrat senator from California is complaining about government overspending. That's rich on so many levels.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-06-28 01:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The highest I can find is in Construction Plasterers and Stucco Masons at 31%, followed by Agriculture Graders and Sorters at 30%. Drywall and Ceiling Tile installers have 28% of their workforce as illegal immigrants. Pressers/textile/garment/related materials has a 26% illegal immigrant workforce. Everything else is under 24%...and almost none in most categories.

The Center for Immigration Studies says there are no occupations in the US in which the majority of workers are illegal immigrants.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-06-28 02:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Employers that hire illegals so that they can get away with underpaying them, need to be deported to Cuba or some other place that the US technically owns, but is sovereign from the US... Like Cuba.

(Sorry Cuba) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-28 08:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The highest I can find is in Construction Plasterers and Stucco Masons at 31%, followed by Agriculture Graders and Sorters at 30%. Drywall and Ceiling Tile installers have 28% of their workforce as illegal immigrants. Pressers/textile/garment/related materials has a 26% illegal immigrant workforce. Everything else is under 24%...and almost none in most categories.

The Center for Immigration Studies says there are no occupations in the US in which the majority of workers are illegal immigrants.

Whatcha trying to say here?
By Nausi 2019-06-28 14:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He’s pointing out that there really aren't jobs that Americans wont do.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-28 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he has a long way to go. Probably should focus on legal immigrants and non citizens here on work visas, they make up the majority of that workforce, much more than illegal immigrants.
By Eboneezer 2019-06-29 03:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he has a long way to go. Probably should focus on legal immigrants and non citizens here on work visas, they make up the majority of that workforce, much more than illegal immigrants.

I'm going to need a source on this one. Not the part of legal immigrants comprising more of the workforce than illegal immigrants, but the part on where I have a long way to go to show that there aren't jobs that Americans won't do.

Of the 474 civilian occupations, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal combined). Americans still comprise 46 percent or more of workers in these six occupations.

I haven't seen the Right fighting to keep legal immigrants out. The left likes to argue that if we kept people from invading our country illegally, we would have industries that would just crumble because Americans won't do their jobs. I'm just curious as to where they're getting their information as I'd like to look through it. That's all
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-29 09:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting for that link
Do not hold your breath.

XIV just opened early access to shadowbringers.

I thought you had said immigrants, I missed the illegal part, sorry.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-29 16:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Biden: "We've got to recognize that kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger."

Um, Joe....
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-29 18:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump 7/14/17: "Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups...".

Biden 6/28/19: "He has yet to ... criticize, criticize the Ku Klux Klan and the white supremacists."
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-06-29 19:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot vote for creepy Biden...
By Viciouss 2019-06-29 19:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He isn't going to be the nominee, but hitting Trump for cozying up to white supremacists, as well as employing them in his admin, will always work.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 198 199 200