Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 198 199 200
By Eboneezer 2019-06-20 17:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet Iran was pissed. The last couple of times we sent something flying into their country, they got 400 million in various currencies, followed by $1.3 billion. They really have to hate Trump now for putting coal in their stockings like that.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-20 20:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
Apparently Trump finds it hard to believe Iran shot the drone down on purpose, despite Iran boasting that's exactly what happened. I guess being an idiot in this case is more preferable to being Bolton.
Trump was (brilliantly) calming the market.

lol, nice spin attempt.
Markets corrected shortly after he spoke. #cope.
By Nausi 2019-06-20 20:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
But you will throw a fit if Trump does something to them. So if he doesn't he's weak if he does he's a war monger? What would you have him do?

Yeah this is ***. Iran has clearly been given the go ahead by Russia and China to start misbehaving and we have seen exactly that in the last month. First they mined (?) the Strait and blew up an oil tanker, then they announced they were going to surpass uranium levels set forth in the nuclear pact that up until that point, they were still honoring, now they shoot down a drone. I'm sure next week it will be something else.

All it is accomplishing is illustrating the divides in the Trump administration. This is the part of the job Trump has no interest/knowledge in, he just wants there to be peace on earth so he doesn't have to make any tough decisions. Bolton and Pompeo put out conflicting statements and then Trump has to slap them down, or Trump puts out a ridiculous statement (like he did today) then has to go radio silent because Bolton and Pompeo tell him he is delusional.

Couple of months ago he said his maximum pressure campaign was going to hurt Iran enough to cause them to pick up the phone and call him to make a deal. An idea that was met with ridicule and derision. The sanctions are hurting them, a lot, but they are not gonna be calling Trump for anything, especially now. Nobody shoots down a drone, brags about it, doubles down on it, and then calls asking for help.

Nothing is gonna happen as a result of today. We are already sending more troops over there, which is a clear sign Bolton won that argument, but they aren't going to do anything new. The "maximum pressure" campaign will continue, Iran will deal with it (with help from Russia and China) and Trump will get distracted by something else. Then Iran will have to blow something else up. They are just *** with him. Until they actually attack Americans, nothing is going to happen.
Lol source?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-20 21:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Trump finds it hard to believe Iran shot the drone down on purpose, despite Iran boasting that's exactly what happened. I guess being an idiot in this case is more preferable to being Bolton.
Trump was (brilliantly) calming the market.

lol, nice spin attempt.
Markets corrected shortly after he spoke. #cope.

Show me where the markets were down? I know they have been opening higher because of the Fed. Oil prices went up to 64 dollars a barrel, which Trump hates, which is probably why Iran is misbehaving.
By fonewear 2019-06-21 08:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
But you will throw a fit if Trump does something to them. So if he doesn't he's weak if he does he's a war monger? What would you have him do?

Yeah this is ***. Iran has clearly been given the go ahead by Russia and China to start misbehaving and we have seen exactly that in the last month. First they mined (?) the Strait and blew up an oil tanker, then they announced they were going to surpass uranium levels set forth in the nuclear pact that up until that point, they were still honoring, now they shoot down a drone. I'm sure next week it will be something else.

All it is accomplishing is illustrating the divides in the Trump administration. This is the part of the job Trump has no interest/knowledge in, he just wants there to be peace on earth so he doesn't have to make any tough decisions. Bolton and Pompeo put out conflicting statements and then Trump has to slap them down, or Trump puts out a ridiculous statement (like he did today) then has to go radio silent because Bolton and Pompeo tell him he is delusional.

Couple of months ago he said his maximum pressure campaign was going to hurt Iran enough to cause them to pick up the phone and call him to make a deal. An idea that was met with ridicule and derision. The sanctions are hurting them, a lot, but they are not gonna be calling Trump for anything, especially now. Nobody shoots down a drone, brags about it, doubles down on it, and then calls asking for help.

Nothing is gonna happen as a result of today. We are already sending more troops over there, which is a clear sign Bolton won that argument, but they aren't going to do anything new. The "maximum pressure" campaign will continue, Iran will deal with it (with help from Russia and China) and Trump will get distracted by something else. Then Iran will have to blow something else up. They are just *** with him. Until they actually attack Americans, nothing is going to happen.

That is a lot of words to say nothing. Just say "Trump bad". Save some time.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-06-21 08:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has time to read paragraphs if I wanted to read paragraphs I'd get a book !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-21 08:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Calling off the counter attack is probably the best decision Trump has made in a while.

Yea but I would be skeptical about his claim that 150 people were about to die, we specifically attack in the AM hours to minimize human casualties. That's not why he canceled the attack.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-21 08:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, us mere mortals are not privy to the classified briefings that influence these decisions.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-06-21 08:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No new sanctions were added last night either, probably would have been better off not tweeting at all. Not very intimidating when your making ***up.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-21 08:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lindsey Graham needs to calm down, no one is going to take out the Iranian navy, I'm not even sure how many boats they have, but jeez. All they did was shoot down a drone and mine (?) an oil tanker.
By Viciouss 2019-06-21 09:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news ....

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/desjardins-employee-leaked-data-of-2-9-million-members-1.4475273

And now just like that ... my personal information and SSN are out in the open and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm expecting a lot of fun in the next few years.

Desjardins. I'm betting that 99% of Americans cannot pronounce this correctly. Of that 99%, 100% of them don't care.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-21 09:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that by some chance be the same nuclear pact that we unilaterally withdrew from over a year ago?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-06-21 09:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Biden headline yet.

Grampa Simpson runs for president.

Politico in case anyone wants to actually read the article.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-06-21 10:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Best Biden headline yet.

Grampa Simpson runs for president.

Politico in case anyone wants to actually read the article.
It's finally open season on Biden. I feel bad for him. =/ I shouldn't, but I do.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-21 11:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Media today is ripping Trump because they claim he acted like Obama.

He didn’t but this actually means the media is ripping on Obama
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-06-21 11:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He didn’t but this actually means the media is ripping on Obama
Pfft, Obama doesn't have the balls to do anything brave. His attack on Libya was like picking on some poor kid with no shoes and then going to the world "see, I'm brave, we took out Ghadaffi" whilst the Syrian crisis was still on going.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-21 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, how come we never knew that Biden was a segregationist sympathizer when he was VP?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-21 12:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

(((They))) have concluded Biden will lose. Its time to hasten his fall.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-06-21 12:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lefties doubling down on “concentration camps”.

Blumpf is done for sure this time. How will his supporters ever support concentration camps.

(Actually how the left thinks)
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-21 13:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, it's been fun to watch Fox news rip him up, especially his favorite morning show. Last night they were calling for military action, Today they continue it.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-06-21 14:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, how come we never knew that Biden was a segregationist sympathizer when he was VP?

People we too busy claiming Obama isn't American.
I think you mean Media was too busy getting in line to give Obama reach arounds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-06-21 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

(((They))) have concluded Biden will lose. Its time to hasten his fall.
I see it as they see him as a threat to their extreme leftys they spooge about. So, MUST DESTROY BIDEN!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-06-21 17:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs more users I get tired of the Vic Nausi *** for the past 16 pages.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-06-21 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't Vic and Nausi create their own thread where they can *** at each other and left the rest of us alone !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-06-21 17:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

leave *
By fonewear 2019-06-21 17:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So Trump doesn't bomb Iran and people are pissed. There is no pleasing these self loathing liberals.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 198 199 200