[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 15:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
You're thinking of midcast and aftercast. GS processes those after receiving a 0x28 packet which has nothing to do with 0x1A (outgoing) which is the request for action that precast is bound to. Could be wrong, but I'm certain you can get locked into a precast set. It's happened and most GS users that do dynamis complain about it.
I'm the author of Ashitacast, I know the packets. Come on.

Precast, Action, and Midcast are all queued in the same logic cycle. This is how you can precast instacast gear and still have the cast execute in midcast set. The server reads the whole packet without breaking thread. This means that since it's reading in precast gear, then your action, then your midcast gear, you will never have anything else occur while in precast gear, provided your midcast swap is appropriately set up.

It's a convenient excuse for dying, sure, but it's not true. You might briefly see precast if the server > client communication is too large for one UDP and sends the precast updates without the midcast updates, but as far as the server's concerned you're already in midcast before anything else happens.

Ironically, the same can't be said for JA, where any enmity set has to remain on until the action is registered. In that case, you can be hit in the wrong set.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-26 15:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I would never sub /DRK in 2 of the master trials though over /BLU, you're asking to get wrecked.

It's not as bad as you think you know. I used Run/drk for Iroha before and it went well, but i preferred /nin. I go /nin or /drk for Unafraid.

And /drk works surprisingly well inside of Black and white. I might be able to get footage and show sometime. With smn setup I managed to parse 1.4mil using /drk. The only threat in that fight comes from Alex closing Skillchains I found. But yeah, /drk is actually good for B&W if you don't mind losing /nin Utsusemi for Conal Death from Odin.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-26 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

*Agerine casts Cursna on the thread*

The White Mages send their regards!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-26 16:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking more One to be Feared and Iroha (though they have been done with RUN/DNC and RUN/DRK). I prefer /blu cause when battuta isn't up those multisteps can hurt for iroha, and as for O/U, taking 0dmg when they hit u is good XD

The others yeah, u can pretty much sub /drk and not worry (if your phalanx set is good, at least for B + W)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-26 16:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
I have no clue about how well poison might actually land.

Chance of it landing is extremely minimal.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By cheeps 2019-06-07 04:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

new to rune fencer. everyone can assist for more info about run?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-07 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask a question and we'll try to answer
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
By olson2189 2019-10-03 17:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
tl;dr PLD sucks (it does n't it has places where it excels over RUN but RUN can do 99% of things that PLD can do anyways)

Where/when does PLD excel over RUN? Asking for a friend.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By olson2189 2019-10-03 18:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Probably never.

There's tons of content where you can use either in pretty basic gear without a single issue though. Probably 99% of the content in the game.

The question is about what is that 1% situation.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-03 18:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My guy. How much you baiting me rn?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-03 18:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I don't have experience with Master Trials to talk from experience but I believe all but the newest is now considered to be fairly easily doable with PLD without issue but I think the newest is only done with RUN for the DD output.

New MT is quite opposite tbh.
You try tank and DD at once you dead as hell to a 3k+ Magic burst Fire 6 to the face.

Post deleted by User.
By olson2189 2019-10-03 18:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
My guy. How much you baiting me rn?

I would never do such a thing. But it was a legit question that I don't know the answer to.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-03 19:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My honest answer while trying to be as unbias as possible, is none.
I really can't think of any fights where PLD is better to be used over RUN for anything.

Even that Ambuscade which people "required" Ochain PLD, RUN could do it without much issue.

I made a video on RUN supertanking, which is actually better than supertanking on PLD.

SO yeah, I have never came across anything which PLD is better suited.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-10-04 11:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
My honest answer while trying to be as unbias as possible, is none.
I really can't think of any fights where PLD is better to be used over RUN for anything.
Yakshi!

AAaand that's it. I feel like there's probably more, but that's all I can think of.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-04 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakshi is 0 threat to RUN.
Flabra and vallation reduces the damage on Canopierce.
With canopierce being reduced it literally is no threag at all.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-10-04 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

While I admit I haven't tried it, that makes no sense to me. It can't be resisted, so you're just getting the -45% damage and it does not stack with MDT like Aegis does. Aegis takes you to 87.5% reduction, Vallation with capped MDT is 0.5*0.55=0.275 or 72.5% reduction. So you take more than twice as much as an Aegis PLD would unless I'm missing something.

Is that really enough, even with the curse aura up? That's 3,025 damage if not split up among multiple people. Unless I'm missing something? You'd need a second person (or a GEO or pet job) to eat half the damage every time, I would think. Sure it's possible with a group, but what if he does it back-to-back, which I've seen him do?

I don't understand how it goes from there to "no threat at all."

Edit: When you were trying this solo, how much damage were you taking when it hit only you? If it's less than 3025, it makes me wonder if the wiki is wrong, and it's actually additive with MDT just like Aegis? If so, you would take 1375 instead of 3025.
By oyama 2019-10-04 14:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly killing it ASAP, whatever method you use (I see mostly pet strats cuz he is not melee friendly), is usually how it goes and you can at least assume a luopan, which cuts it in half. 1500 is manageable w/o curse, and with One for All and phalanx and stoneskin it's not that much even with curse. And of course with pet strats the damage is mitigated even more.

I'm not sure PLD's ability to just take less regardless is enough to make it 'better' than RUN for that fight.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-04 14:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I don't understand how it goes from there to "no threat at all."

I'm not sure exactly how Canopierce works, because BG is wrong, and I don't know what is missing because I posted earlier, I tried soloing Yakshi too many times. There was times I would take 1400 damage from Canopierce when there is 0 trusts alive, and no One for All.

It's rarely ever 1 shotted me for 3k+

If we can figure out why Canopierce deals under 3k for 72.5% mdt then I'll try edit it in BG so information is known. Cos right now, I got no answer aside from I don't die to Canopierce alone with Vallation on.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-10-04 15:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm that's very interesting, especially that it HAS hit you for 3k+ even if rarely... So we're probably overlooking something obvious...

Edit: Could it be the merit category? Do you have any merits in Vallation in group 1?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-04 15:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah like it's not 100% that i take 3k or less. I know Yakshi can dispel/absorb buffs, but there isn't 1 damage value which is the same with or without vallation/valiance.
Sometimes i've taken more than 4k before which was when vallation got taken off. But yeah, no clue at all why it does that.

Edit: I could try do more Yakshi soloes with and without trusts and try test the damage values over a moderate amount of uses of Canopierce. Because I've had fights where even trusts take under 1k damage from Canopierce.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-04 15:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Hmm that's very interesting, especially that it HAS hit you for 3k+ even if rarely... So we're probably overlooking something obvious...

Edit: Could it be the merit category? Do you have any merits in Vallation in group 1?

No.
I usually run 5/5 Rune enchantment, 5/5 Pflug.
The only time I've 5/5'd Vallation was for Iroha/Sealed Fate.