First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-11-08 15:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shantae said: »
If my math is right, the Beckoner's set +3 has more Acc/M.Acc (and R.Acc for when the matters?) than the Convoker's set +3, even accounting for the artifact set bonus?

Granted you will sub some pieces out that lack BP+ for physical acc set, but for M.Acc related stuff seems like 4/5 Beckoner's with Lamassu Mitts+1 R15 is the way to go now? Beckoner head/body/legs also have Summoning Magic Skill+ as well, which would grant further M.Acc? Please feel to school me, I am still pretty fresh to the SMN mantle on my alt character. :)

You are correct, kind of forgot about an avatar macc set since I swear SMN debuffs don't land like 75% of the time anyways, but the Empy +3 would win w/ Lamassu +1. Difference of about 13 macc and a little more skill puts it ahead once all is +3, at +2 is still lags behind just a little bit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-11-24 23:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best earrings right now for Phys, Hybrid and Magic BPs?

Previously it was basically Gelos/Lugal for all of them, but then I heard Sroda is BiS for physical now, potentially for Hybrid as well, and there's also the Sortie earring. I currently have all of them with the sortie one at NQ. What are the BiS combos with them each if you guys have already done the testing? I scrolled back a few pages but couldn't find anything here.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2022-11-25 09:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if that double attack is for the player or pet on sroda.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-25 10:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to be for the player because it wouldn't make sense for the Pet based on the wording. It would just say Pet: Double Attack +7% without any other stipulation. If the pet was dead, he wouldn't have any double attack period. The pet being alive grants the master the bonus.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-11-25 11:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested it a while back and it didn't effect the pet, just the master.

In terms of earrings, I believe JSE Earring and Lugalbanda are BiS for every BP except macc BPs, which Kyrene's still wins over NQ JSE earring, but not the +1/+2 (Perfect NQ earring I think wins over Kyrene's, but I'm just going off minimums). As well as Cath Palug/Lodurr for skill based BPs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-25 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Tested it a while back and it didn't effect the pet, just the master.

Thinking about it again, I suppose it could have granted both the pet and Master the DA+7% bonus if the pet was still alive, and no bonus if the pet was dead. I hadn't considered that might be the case based on the wording. It obviously doesn't but I understand why there may have been some uncertainty.
By Vaerix 2022-11-25 14:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a set for night terror or magic specific blood pacts? Assuming it's the merit set and then swap legs for apogee C.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-25 16:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda Earring isn't for pet DA, it's for pet base damage. 21 Volt Strikes on Chapuli in Reisenjima:
Sroda average: 21,788
Beckoner average: 21,558
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-11-25 17:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Sroda Earring isn't for pet DA, it's for pet base damage. 21 Volt Strikes on Chapuli in Reisenjima:
Sroda average: 21,788
Beckoner average: 21,558

well dang, that DMG+10 is adding a lot more than I thought it did then.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-25 17:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

21 Flaming Crushes on Wanton Denaid in Reisenjima:
Sroda average: 48,720
Beckoner average: 48,433

I had to do a shitload of these to get the numbers right, because most of the time they died from just the physical hit and the magical one never went off.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-27 22:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all the +2's to get. The one job I retired.
By Tarage 2022-12-06 01:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Sroda was a misunderstood gem, which is the better second earring? JSE or Luga?
By SimonSes 2022-12-06 04:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone here is surprised by Sroda Earring I suggest not limiting yourself to only one thread :)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56616/aman-specific-items/2/#3620312
[+]
By Tarage 2022-12-08 03:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No one knows which is better between Luga and JSE?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-08 08:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In my testing, which was somewhat limited and did not involve any DPS spreadsheets or calculators, just in game testing, I found Lugal/Sroda to be best for physical and Flaming Crush, and Lugal/JSE best for magical. So there's no competition between JSE and Lugal, IMHO.

Disclaimer: I don't have JSE+1 or +2, so it might actually be better than Sroda at +1 or +2. I doubt it will overcome Lugal because there are 2 earring slots, so there needs to be a second earring also better than Lugal and I'm not aware of anything which competes for the left ear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-12-08 19:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@long_horned explained how to calculate Volt Strike damage some months ago.
https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1569730222634987520
Quote:
MLv30下記装備のラムウはSTR309、INT292、履行+149です。攻防SVキャップ・最大乱数・クリティカル時のボルトは1ヒット当たり、

(132+24+102+60)*5*4*1.05*1.08*2.49=17958

ゲロスをスローダにすると履行+が5下がるものの

(142+24+102+60)*5*4*1.05*1.08*2.44=18150

200近くダメージが伸びます。
They are calculating Volt Strike and other physical pacts damage this way:
(Avatar Melee DMG+fSTR+Stat Modifiers+Blood Pact Damage Job Points)*fTP*pDIF*Critical Hit*Crit. Atk. Bonus II Trait*BPD

Melee DMG is 132 for a lvl 122 avatar, Sroda Earring fits here
fSTR (Avatar's STR vs enemy's VIT) caps at +24
Stat modifiers:(309 STR+292 INT)*0.2*0.85=102
Blood Pact Damage Job Points 20/20 adds +60
fTP is 5 for Volt Strike
pDIF (Avatar's attack vs enemy's defense) caps at 4
Critical hit and Crit. Atk. Bonus II aren't very important and are ignored in certain zones when pDIF is capped
Avatar Lv.+1 from the JSE earring adds 1 melee DMG, 8 attribute stats and 11 magic damage.

Avatars's stats, melee DMG per level, fTP and stat modifiers of most Blood Pacts can be found at this address: https://w.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/329.html
It also show how to calculate ranged, hybrid and magic pacts. It's very accurate, I tested Crag Throw and Burning Strike damage and got the expected results.

tl;dr
Physical pacts: Lugalbanda > Sroda/JSE+2 > JSE+1 > JSE > Gelos
They say Sroda beats JSE+2 but in my case with my own gear/ML JSE+2 is superior by a tiny amount. Both earrings appear to be very close. JSE gives a lot of atk/acc too.

Hybrid pacts: Lugalbanda > JSE+2 > JSE+1 > Gelos/JSE > Sroda
Sroda falls behind due to BPD being calculated twice.

Magical pacts: Lugalbanda > JSE+2 > JSE+1 > JSE > Gelos
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-12-12 07:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse, what do you think of the new values on the odyssey t4 path d armor sets?

I suspect the body and legs would be interesting to test.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-12-15 13:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyame body at R25 and above beats AF3 for physical and hybrid pacts. HQ Apogee A is still superior for magical pacts.
Nyame legs at R30 doesn't beat HQ Apogee D/A.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-02-18 19:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wondering a couple things relating to discussion of sancus vs epitaph on page 14, I can't figure out the answer so here we go:

1)sancus sachet +1 has +20 ranged accuracy is irrelevant or is it not? Can't think of a single BP that is ranged attack? or maybe epitaph is the usual acc/racc + macc and text is wrong? Do I even need to worry?
2)For the BP delay I reread the last 3 pages multiple times but still not clear to me, do I get to cap with just epitaph, what's the smn skill needed? I know 680 covers it but that's not what I reach so not sure if I still need sancus

I was looking to free a inventory slot and tried to figure it out but sorry just a bit lost on these 2 ammos <.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-19 05:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Epitaph R30 is of course better.
But I think it gets better even at lower ranks. R25 for sure I think, maybe even R20?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-02-19 19:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

in between 16 and 20 is where it matches sancus +1 and where i'd switch over.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-02-20 08:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »
Been wondering a couple things relating to discussion of sancus vs epitaph on page 14, I can't figure out the answer so here we go:

1)sancus sachet +1 has +20 ranged accuracy is irrelevant or is it not? Can't think of a single BP that is ranged attack? or maybe epitaph is the usual acc/racc + macc and text is wrong? Do I even need to worry?
2)For the BP delay I reread the last 3 pages multiple times but still not clear to me, do I get to cap with just epitaph, what's the smn skill needed? I know 680 covers it but that's not what I reach so not sure if I still need sancus

I was looking to free a inventory slot and tried to figure it out but sorry just a bit lost on these 2 ammos <.<

consider the gear you're using, if you're already struggling with acc, then wait until the acc matches that of sancus. the epitaph is only a difference of 1 BP damage until higher ranks.

as for ranged BP's, Diabolos has at least nether blast, and I believe most of his BP's are still considered ranged, but I can't confirm that.

regarding BP delay- you'd want to get -15 seconds in tier 1 and 2 each, tier 1 is pretty easy to find, tier 2 has less options

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

that page lists all the available options
to dumb that down though

convoker doublet +3 (-15 tier 1)
sancus sachet +1 (-7 tier 2)
glyphic pigaches +3 (-3 tier 2)
espiritus (-2 tier 2)
conveyance cape (-1-3 tier 2)

Those 5 pieces would cap out your BP delay in the least number of pieces

there are many combos you can use however if you cant get the +3 on the cape or don't wish to change weapons

glyphic doublet gives (-4 tier 2)
glyphic feet (-3 tier 2)
glyphic head (-10 tier 1)
glyphic hands (-8 tier 1)

this being said- if you got a +3 on the cape, then you could drop back to the epitaph with it only having -5 delay, but i feel like you're still going for a 6 piece build rather then the 5 I mentioned earlier.

The 3rd tier mentioned is where the smn skill comes into play and where the emp head shines, automatically bumping you up 5 ranks in favor. i was also unaware that they have added another tier to smn skill 735+

hope that helps
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-20 08:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

consider the gear you're using, if you're already struggling with acc, then wait until the acc matches that of sancus. the epitaph is only a difference of 1 BP damage until higher ranks.

as for ranged BP's, Diabolos has at least nether blast, and I believe most of his BP's are still considered ranged, but I can't confirm that.

regarding BP delay- you'd want to get -15 seconds in tier 1 and 2 each, tier 1 is pretty easy to find, tier 2 has less options

to dumb that down though

espiritus (-2 tier 2)

there are many combos you can use however if you cant get the +3 on the cape or don't wish to change weapons

glyphic feet (-3 tier 2)

this being said- if you got a +3 on the cape, then you could drop back to the epitaph with it only having -5 delay, but i feel like you're still going for a 6 piece build rather then the 5 I mentioned earlier.

The 3rd tier mentioned is where the smn skill comes into play and where the emp head shines, automatically bumping you up 5 ranks in favor. i was also unaware that they have added another tier to smn skill 735+

hope that helps

There's a lot of good information in this post but there's an important omission.

At 100 jp, and 1200 jp you receive -5s of BP recast delay each, which is it's own tier of BP delay reduction. Meaning you only need 15 BP delay I, and 5 BP delay ii, or 10/10 or 5/15 in your BP delay set. The maximum benefit you can receive from all 3 categories is 30s and 10 of it is a given from jp gifts.

The avatars favor bonus is the only way to break the 30-20s recast windows using the Empy helm, smn skill, and having favor on/charged.

Best of luck making sets!
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-02-20 11:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

to dumb that down though

espiritus (-2 tier 2)

glyphic feet (-3 tier 2)

hope that helps

There's a lot of good information in this post but there's an important omission.

At 100 jp, and 1200 jp you receive -5s of BP recast delay each, which is it's own tier of BP delay reduction. Meaning you only need 15 BP delay I, and 5 BP delay ii, or 10/10 or 5/15 in your BP delay set. The maximum benefit you can receive from all 3 categories is 30s and 10 of it is a given from jp gifts.

The avatars favor bonus is the only way to break the 30-20s recast windows using the Empy helm, smn skill, and having favor on/charged.

Both of y'all are slightly off. Since the job gift bp timer- are their own thing You can stack whatever is easiest and get the remaining -20 as long as neither side breaks 15. One of the things that makes sancus +1 nice is the -7 II on it, opposed to the -5 II on the new ammo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-20 11:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was checking my sets to see if I had enough BP- in them to cap based on this conversation and noticed that I'm significantly over the cap.

Baayami+1 hands and legs have 15 BP1, with those and Epitaph you've already capped BP at 20 (15+5). Guess it's time to sell my Sancus Sachet+1, I was holding onto it just in case I needed the BP reduction 2.

Depending whether or not you have AM you want to hold onto, here's my set for BP reduction:
ItemSet 389950
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-20 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Vaerix said: »

Both of y'all are slightly off. (Nani?) Since the job gift bp timer- are their own thing You can stack whatever is easiest and get the remaining -20 as long as neither side breaks 15. One of the things that makes sancus +1 nice is the -7 II on it, opposed to the -5 II on the new ammo.

Bolded part literally says everything you just said.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-02-20 19:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the awesome explainer everyone, I understand now finally bp I/II after a long time fumbling! I think I got a set down that works for me now :P

I didn't even know ranged accuracy was a thing for pets BP tbh as seen, just to confirm, was it tested that epitaph is only acc/macc and not hidden /racc like some pieces of gear have been in the past? I can't name one off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure pup gear often has that hidden acc/racc thing... I mean, maytbe I'm being a mix of paranoid/ignorant but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case... feels weird removing the 20racc from epitaph but maybe a way to differentiate gear I s'pose...
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-20 19:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

According to some guy's blog I found, a couple of Titan's BPs are also ranged, the "Throw" or "toss" ones, IDR which.

At the end of the day though: I can't think of a single ranged BP you're likely to use on a regular basis on SMN, and most people probably don't have distinct sets or possibly even GS distinction for them, or care about it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe Papesse can bring up some obscure scenario for it, but for general use I think you're fine with Epitaph and to hell with pet racc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22