Ambuscade weapons worth pursuing
First Page 2
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2019-03-12 22:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Kaja Bow presently, and a Delphinius on a mule, so I can get a Ullr if I want, but with the high cost of getting a T5 Ambuscade weapon, I wondered if there was a priority list of what to get.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-12 22:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sword is nuts
By Afania 2019-03-12 22:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
sword is nuts

Rdm has sequence.
[+]
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-03-12 22:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1H Axe is fun but I agree Sword seems to be the best one.
By Afania 2019-03-12 23:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »

It's asked under rdm subforum.

Sword for rdm is less increase than, let's say, axe for DRK WAR bst rng etc, polearm for SAM war etc, sword for cor and such. Mostly because afaik sequence is still the better sword for savage blade, especially if you don't offhand TP bonus.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-03-12 23:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Axe, sword, and knife is what I went with.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 23:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Odin.Archaide said: »

It's asked under rdm subforum.

Sword for rdm is less increase than, let's say, axe for DRK WAR bst rng etc, polearm for SAM war etc, sword for cor and such. Mostly because afaik sequence is still the better sword for savage blade, especially if you don't offhand TP bonus.

Kinda depends of how much is that attack bonus, because RDM will probably not be attack capped for majority of time in something like wave 3 (beside boss actually maybe even not on boss).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 23:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Polearm and Axe are bonkers awesome. Going to make Sword next then maybe the Scythe or Knuckles.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-03-12 23:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Knife seems like a really awesome and well-rounded offhand. But the bow to the final stage, the extra macc, that's solid too. If I could only have one it'd be the dagger (in fact, that's what I'm doing first myself).
 Bahamut.Airoh
Server: Bahamut
user: Anjou
By Bahamut.Airoh 2019-03-13 00:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten the scythe for Drk? The ratri set provides a pretty big damage boost, wondering if it's worth getting
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2019-03-13 00:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Athen said: »
I have a Kaja Bow presently, and a Delphinius on a mule, so I can get a Ullr if I want, but with the high cost of getting a T5 Ambuscade weapon, I wondered if there was a priority list of what to get.

Priority as rdm :
Bow - for macc
Sword
Dagger
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-03-13 10:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why sword over Sequence?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-03-13 10:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Airoh said: »
Has anyone gotten the scythe for Drk? The ratri set provides a pretty big damage boost, wondering if it's worth getting
Spiral Hell is still garbo. But it's a decent Scythe if you have nothing else. It's about just below REA options... and I think it's technically the best nuking option? such as that is for DRK lol

Sword is probably the most useful thing to make overall.
  • Best Macc in the game for RDM

• Best magic weapon for COR

• Best main hand Sword for COR period

• Best nuking Sword for BLU, and second best nuking option (other being the club from this)

• Pretty good nuking piece for RDM too when paired with Ammurapi shield (I think the only thing that beats that is the club... though DWing club+sword is probably best like with BLU)

That's just off the top of my head, but it's overall just really good for a bunch of different jobs; compared to the others which mostly just benefit a specific job.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2019-03-13 10:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

No it isn't.

It is amazing if you don't have Murg or Crocea, but it is not best.

Pretty good nuking piece for RDM too when paired with Ammurapi Shield (I think the only thing that beats that is the club... though DWing club+sword is probably best like with BLU)
Again, not the best
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-13 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't one of RDM's biggest problem hitting pdif on savage blade? I'd wager the sword would beat sequence outside of maxed attack situations.

Also depending on your dmnd and dint ratios (I don't know how those look for RDM vs high end mobs) the Naegling could offer more macc. If dint <10 then its +15 accuracy and if not its +7 macc. So it may tie with Su5 but it loses to a medium ranked Murg and capped murg blows it out of the water.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 11:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's a decent Scythe if you have nothing else. It's about just below REA options... and I think it's technically the best nuking option? such as that is for DRK lol

You laugh but

ItemSet 362490
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-03-13 11:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »

No it isn't.

Let me clarify, While Murgleis has more Macc at r15 (+70), obviously; Naegling has more Macc out of the box. (skill+255 Macc+40 v skill+250 Macc+40 INT+15) So if someone lacks a fully completed Murgleis, this would be the best option for them.

Crocea Mors has barely slightly more. That INT+15 is anywhere from 7.5 to 15 Macc depending on your dINT. Which either is slightly less than the 10 more hard Macc and the 5 more skill Crocea Mors has in the worst scenarios (3ish less); or is basically the same in the best scenarios.

With both Crocea Mors and Murgleis lacking any MND, we're back the the old staff v Murgleis debate due to how most enfeebles work.
Pretty good nuking piece for RDM too when paired with Ammurapi Shield (I think the only thing that beats that is the club... though DWing club+sword is probably best like with BLU)
Again, not the best
I am rather interested in where you're finding a better nuking option on RDM that beats Macc+78 INT+28 Mdmg+217 MAB+54 Skill+250.
That's staffs RDM can't wear numbers.
Maxentius (the club) has a touch more MAB and Mdmg, so it should be better than Naegling. And DWing them grants that ridiculous 400+ Mdmg in addition to slightly more Macc and INT. 17 less MAB though. (Macc+80 INT+30 Mdmg+449 MAB+37 Skill+250)

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
But it's a decent Scythe if you have nothing else. It's about just below REA options... and I think it's technically the best nuking option? such as that is for DRK lol

You laugh but

ItemSet 362490
My laughter is of the sadistic glee with what you just posted.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

gotta maintain dat deeps during perfect dodge/invincible and flying dragons
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A well augmented Grio + Enki Strap beats that in damage, though it loses out in MACC.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add the macc to dint relationship was retested awhile back in jp and it's a lot more complicated than that just hasn't been retested by non jps or ported over to the wikis.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108196-Random-Facts-Thread-Magic?p=6818652&viewfull=1#post6818652

So that int could also be 3.75 or even 0 macc or even some weird number if it's crossing dint thresholds
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2019-03-13 13:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No it isn't.

Let me clarify, While Murgleis has more Macc at r15 (+70), obviously; Naegling has more Macc out of the box. (skill+255 Macc+40 v skill+250 Macc+40 INT+15) So if someone lacks a fully completed Murgleis, this would be the best option for them.

Crocea Mors has barely slightly more. That INT+15 is anywhere from 7.5 to 15 Macc depending on your dINT. Which either is slightly less than the 10 more hard Macc and the 5 more skill Crocea Mors has in the worst scenarios (3ish less); or is basically the same in the best scenarios.

With both Crocea Mors and Murgleis lacking any MND, we're back the the old staff v Murgleis debate due to how most enfeebles work.
Again, not the best
I am rather interested in where you're finding a better nuking option on RDM that beats Macc+78 INT+28 Mdmg+217 MAB+54 Skill+250.
That's staffs RDM can't wear numbers.
Maxentius (the club) has a touch more MAB and Mdmg, so it should be better than Naegling. And DWing them grants that ridiculous 400+ Mdmg in addition to slightly more Macc and INT. 17 less MAB though. (Macc+80 INT+30 Mdmg+449 MAB+37 Skill+250)

As for the best magic acc, you said best, that is misleading.
Murg r6 is actually the top for magic acc, anything beyond r6 is just icing. r6 is +11, which is where it beats Crocea.

As for nuking "best" that again is misleading, overall, the dual wield option is probably the best balance between magic acc and nuking power, since RDM is limited on options to nuke with, you are going to run it down to raetic +1 vs very well augmented grio vs dual wield club/sword.

Considering Raetic +1 and Alber strap come out at 88 MAB, you then need to weigh the difference between 182 Mdmg vs 51 MAB.
The raetic staff +1 and Alber strap only fall 18 Macc short of dual wielding and 8 magic acc skill, which puts dual wield at a total of what 23 Macc above raetic +1/Alber Strap. Of course the grip is interchangable to a variety of different options to decrease the gap on Macc and still be above on MAB

Elders Grip +1 is +4 macc and +4 mab,
Niobid Strap is +5/+5
Albers Strap is +7 MAB
Clerisy Strap +1 is +15 Macc
Enki Strap is +10 INT/MND and +10 Macc

the INT plays a very minimal part in magic acc, same with mnd. The math was done on that long ago, the only point in which the INT would weigh heavily enough would be if it was the last remaining INT/MND needed to push you over the threshold to break resist rates. Int more cases than not, on high end content, your INT not be high enough to matter. On content you won't have magic accuracy issues, then you will have higher nuking power elsewhere.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-13 13:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if the dagger is worth it for a Thief with Aeneas.

What if you're in a party that requires you to use Evisceration instead of Rudra's Storm for a skillchain? I'm not sure.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-13 14:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out how Nanadaka works? The value of it for group play vs solo play is really based on if the enemy defense decrease goes down based on more or less debuffs on mob.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-13 14:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral Hell is still garbo.
it's right above CR with the kaja stage for both WS at equal tp values.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-13 14:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »
I'm curious if the dagger is worth it for a Thief with Aeneas.

What if you're in a party that requires you to use Evisceration instead of Rudra's Storm for a skillchain? I'm not sure.

It's definitely worth it if you need to use Evisceration. It's also a pretty good offhand depending on your other options.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Spiral Hell is still garbo.
it's right above CR with the kaja stage for both WS at equal tp values.

It's probably more meaningful to compare it to Anguta+CR.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-13 14:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
not really. if you're wondering about spiral hell damage, you probably don't have an anguta in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 15:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Has anyone figured out how Nanadaka works? The value of it for group play vs solo play is really based on if the enemy defense decrease goes down based on more or less debuffs on mob.
Based on the wording, I imagine that it's an "partially ignore defense" effect (like Quietus), not an actual defense debuff applied to the enemy for everyone to benefit from.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-13 15:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

not really. if you're wondering about spiral hell damage, you probably don't have an anguta in the first place.

Eh, I've seen several people ask about it that either have Anguta or probably have access to getting one. Then again, I suppose the counter-argument to that is "if they can't look at your numbers and interpolate that comparison on their own, then ***'em" lol
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-13 15:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Based on the wording, I imagine that it's an "partially ignore defense" effect (like Quietus), not an actual defense debuff applied to the enemy for everyone to benefit from.

I see, I was hoping it would act similarly to Dragoon's Relic lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 16:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I've seen several people ask about it that either have Anguta or probably have access to getting one. Then again, I suppose the counter-argument to that is "if they can't look at your numbers and interpolate that comparison on their own, then ***'em" lol

The Quest Scythe looks very interesting when you combine the SH +100% damage and some sort of boost from the effect. I'll get it eventually.
First Page 2