Precast Abilites For Luas [Issue]

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Precast Abilites for Luas [Issue]
Precast Abilites for Luas [Issue]
By Heck 2019-02-27 22:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I've been playing with different GEO luas and noticed a problem when using JAs like radial, full circle and life cycle. Even with a sets.precast.JA[ability] for example, the lua unequips the pieces of armor before the ability goes off.

So for example, My Bagua Sandals +1 get removed before Radial Arcana casts and it goes right back into my idle set.

Is there a way to add a delay or exception until the cast is complete? I just recently got into luas so I'm not really good at writing things. Any help would be appreciated!
By DaneBlood 2019-02-27 22:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure i undertand the situation correctly

but nothing unequips in lua's they all equip and the gear stays on until you equip something else

so a precst set gets on before the command start.
if you have nothing in midtcast the gear will stay on until the the ability finishes aka the aftercast

if no new equipments is specified in aftercast the current gearst will stay on forever.
By Heck 2019-02-27 22:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, how to explain it...

In my precast I have:
sets.precast.JA.Bolster = {body="Bagua Tunic +1"}

sets.precast.JA['Full Circle'] = {head="Azimuth Hood +1"}

sets.precast.JA['Life Cycle'] = {body="Geomancy Tunic +2"}

sets.precast.JA['Radial Arcana'] = {feet="Bagua Sandals +1"}

So when I use one of these abilites, it equips that specific armor to get the bonus effects (aka "enhances bolster" from Bagua Tunic+1).

The main problem is that the ability itself is slightly delayed when you activate it. What happens is I use a:

Bolster Macro to initiate Bolster (/ja "Bolster" <me> > Lua swaps Body to Bagua Tunic +1 >
Lua swaps back into Idle/Pet DT Idle body piece >
Ability activates with no bonus.

This is the problem I'm having with all these job abilites. They aren't getting the bonus from the Augmented Relic/Enhance armor pieces. I cant figure out why the lua swaps it too quick before the ability activates.

I'm currently using Safiyeh-GEOs base lua as a template but I've tried a bunch of different luas including the top one on this forum but there is no difference.
 Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-02-27 23:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs debugmode
//gs showswaps
By Heck 2019-02-28 09:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured out a work-around. It seems to be a pet issue, SMN luas have this problem with BPs as well. So what I use now is /raw in macros. EX:

/equipset
/raw /ja "Full Circle" <me>
/wait 1

This will make the armor stick until after the job ability goes off. The only thing is that Life Cycle will probally require you to add /equipset on the 4th line for push you back into your idle set. Everything else will be swaped by the lua since the action kills your luopon.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-02-28 20:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to put the same thing you have in precast in midcast, as it's shifting straight back to aftercast/idle.

Mine doesn't have anything defined for midcast, so it just keeps precast on until aftercast triggers. I used to think i had this problem though, and solved it this way.
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-01 13:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What I would do is add a new register.event for mpp change.