You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 97 98 99
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-02 09:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
That being said I would probably present this set differenctly now and start with set that doesn't care about accuracy first
Rng KC 2023 full TP

I actually really like your belt option here. Think I might swap out my Kentarch for this if I don't need the accuracy.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2023-02-02 19:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When Max Acc is needed on the K.club set I swap in Gazu Bracelets +1
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 02:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalfey said: »
When Max Acc is needed on the K.club set I swap in Gazu Bracelets +1

Gazu has very poor ratio of -sTP and +acc.
It's -11sTP and only +13-14 accuracy, so 1:1.18~1.27 ratio. It's the last swap I would made after all I listed on previous page.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-02-03 02:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the 10-15 acc from unity ranking, makes gazu a lot better but still not ideal.
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 03:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I think you missed the 10-15 acc from unity ranking, makes gazu a lot better but still not ideal.

Oh yeah, you are right. So yeah, max ratio would be 1:2.63 and lowest 1:2.09, so indeed better, but indeed not ideal. Still behind everything I listed, beside
Sweord belt -> Olseni and Amini legs -> Malignance (this cant be done independently, because of haste loss) -5stp +7acc 1:1.4 ratio

EDIT: Actually I'm kinda wrong. Gazu by itself is "weak", but Gazu+OneirosOlseni would be better, since you are getting enough haste from Gazu.

So if you also swap belts, then its +43-49acc and -14stp
which is a ratio of 1:3.07~3.5, which puts it in middle of the swap list.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2023-02-03 19:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gazu+Oneiros
*Olseni
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-04 00:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does swapping weapons kill hover shot stacks?
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-04 00:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-04 01:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-06 07:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably dumb questions:

Is Tauret / Malev better than Malev x2 for Trueflight? What about Aeolian edge? Its a tradeoff of a big chunk of M Dmg and a little Macc for MAB. Also offhanding tauret is less delay so faster TP gain right? New to ranger and seeing what's best

Thanks!
By Nehot 2023-02-06 11:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Probably dumb questions:

Is Tauret / Malev better than Malev x2 for Trueflight? What about Aeolian edge? Its a tradeoff of a big chunk of M Dmg and a little Macc for MAB. Also offhanding tauret is less delay so faster TP gain right? New to ranger and seeing what's best

Thanks!

For Trueflight, Malev x2 is best even if you are in melee range auto-attacking, but adjust to Tauret if melee acc is an issue.

For Aeolian, Same as above use Malev x2 but adjust to Tauret for acc.

This is assuming you have max rolled Malev, if not max rolled I think testing needs to be done but I think Malev is better. It doesnt matter if Tauret is main hand or off its the same delay, and no just because you have less delay does not mean you get tp faster, actually you get it slower due to less tp gained per hit. it all depends on your build and what you are fighting.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-06 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also use an occasionally attacks twice weapon if you're worried about tping too slow, but I stopped doing that as soon as I had 2 decent Malevs
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-02-08 01:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Amini Attire +3 Set Bonus Testing
The intent of the test here is to see if the set bonus is working properly under various conditions listed below.

1) Normal range attack (rattk, cap)

2) Critical range attack

3) Normal range attack with set bonus 2056 x 2 = 4112

4) Critical range attack with set bonus 3803 x 2 = 7606

5) Normal range attack --> aftermath triple damage 2056 x 3 = 6168

6) Critical range attack --> aftermath triple damage 3803 x 3 = 11409

7) Critical range attack --> aftermath triple damage with set bonus 11409 x 2 = 22818

*this was the hardest one to get!

8) Double shot (second shot critical)

9) Double shot (second shot critical) with set bonus

Seems to be working as intended
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-09 20:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the empy set bonus always double damage when it activates, or is it a gradient depending on how much rapid shot proc'd like conserve MP does with BLM set?
By Foxfire 2023-02-09 21:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

occasional double damage, no gradient.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-23 04:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain how augmenting Velocity Shot works exactly?

Velocity Shot is Basically Snapshot II (exceeding the cap) + RATK %

It's 15% + 10% (Gift) + 2% (Cape) + 11% (Body+3) for a total of 38%.

My main questions lie with the body, as you'll always have the Cape bonus in some form and the body is much more impactful.

• Does it need to be on during Activation of Velocity Shot? (Pre-cast macro)

• Does it need to be on in Pre-shot for the snapshot? Treat is as snapshot gear? (this is what I assume based on viewing other luas)

• Does it need to be on in Mid-shot for the Ratk%? (I don't see this in any luas, so I'm guessing not...)

Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-02-23 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Does it need to be on during Activation of Velocity Shot? (Pre-cast macro)

Does it need to be on in Pre-shot for the snapshot? Treat is as snapshot gear?

Does it need to be on in Mid-shot for the Ratk%? (I don't see this in any luas, so I'm guessing not...)

1. No

2. Yes

3. If you want it for the Ratk%, then Yes. If you're only concerned about the snapshot effect, then you can swap to something else if you'd rather have sTP or crit rate or w/e in your midshot.
[+]
By Nehot 2023-02-23 08:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it need to be on in Mid-shot for the Ratk%? (I don't see this in any luas, so I'm guessing not...)

Dont sleep on that body in your midcast, I did some testing for AM3 midcast and while yes you lose crit you also gain a ton of damage from that body at Rattack cap. I did my testing at the Apex Cogs and with full buffs/hover shot stacks I had a crit hit for over 32k with Gandiva, that was with a full PDL AM3 set. I cant say weather the overall damage is better or worse then a full crit set but it is still nice to see those numbers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-23 09:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah- try out something if you're doubting how powerful the empy+3 body is. Stand in town in your current midshot set with Velocity Shot up, check your ranged attack. Then change nothing else except swapping in the body. I know my ratk number jumped by ~300 without buffs compared to Ikenga r25.

Yes, you are definitely giving up STP and crit%, but I feel like its worth compensating to use it, esp in situations like Odyssey where often we aren't fully buffed as glass cannons like we're used to.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-02-23 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nehot said: »
For Trueflight, Malev x2 is best even if you are in melee range auto-attacking, but adjust to Tauret if melee acc is an issue.

For Aeolian, Same as above use Malev x2 but adjust to Tauret for acc.

This is assuming you have max rolled Malev, if not max rolled I think testing needs to be done but I think Malev is better. It doesnt matter if Tauret is main hand or off its the same delay, and no just because you have less delay does not mean you get tp faster, actually you get it slower due to less tp gained per hit. it all depends on your build and what you are fighting.

Forgive me if this has already been debated/settled, but what about offhanding trilling dagger for a fully ranged / trueflight set?

I have 2 perfect malevolence, tauret, naegling but trilling dropped into my pack as I was farming znm for gastra, wanted to know if I should /toss.

Thanks.
By Nariont 2023-02-23 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Last i understood it loses to malev/tauret, the lack of mab/mdmg from ilvl weapons is just too wide a gap to cover
Same reasoning as to why ele staves are no longer used for nukes vs a ilvl staff
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-02-23 13:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-02-23 23:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont sleep on that body in your midcast, I did some testing for AM3 midcast and while yes you lose crit you also gain a ton of damage from that body at Rattack cap. I did my testing at the Apex Cogs and with full buffs/hover shot stacks I had a crit hit for over 32k with Gandiva, that was with a full PDL AM3 set. I cant say weather the overall damage is better or worse then a full crit set but it is still nice to see those numbers.
This is exactly what I came into this thread to look into, whether the amini caban +3 is a gamechanger for Gandiva sets.

For jishnu, has anyone done the comparisons for the empy chest+3 vs. something like the Meg cuirie +2 with its crit damage? My assumption is that it comes out way on top.

If you happen to have any sets for midshot and Jishnu I'd love to see em!
By Nehot 2023-02-24 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Orlanda said: »

This is exactly what I came into this thread to look into, whether the amini caban +3 is a gamechanger for Gandiva sets.

For jishnu, has anyone done the comparisons for the empy chest+3 vs. something like the Meg cuirie +2 with its crit damage? My assumption is that it comes out way on top.

If you happen to have any sets for midshot and Jishnu I'd love to see em!

I will link my sets this evening after work, I dont recall having any Meg in my jish set anymore but I could be wrong. An interesting note is that while testing Jish on the Apex Cogs I landed a 72k. I did this only once and not sure how as the rest of my tests were around 50-60k, around 30+ WS's fully buffed. As for midshot its pretty standard, but will link anyway.
By Nehot 2023-02-24 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I will link my sets this evening after work, I dont recall having any Meg in my jish set anymore but I could be wrong. An interesting note is that while testing Jish on the Apex Cogs I landed a 72k. I did this only once and not sure how as the rest of my tests were around 50-60k, around 30+ WS's fully buffed. As for midshot its pretty standard, but will link anyway.

Jishnu's
ItemSet 390019

Midshot
ItemSet 390024

Midshot AM3
ItemSet 390021

Midshot AM3 Attack Cap (PDL)
ItemSet 390022

Weapons are normally geleti's knife and shield when I am going for white damage or Jishnu's, otherwise its the Perun +1. Ikengi's is R30 and I have not done Arebati v25 yet but this is what I will use for the fight, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know (outside that dam JSE earring +2) and before anyone says Oneiros Knife, I like the extra crit chance and dex off the knife for Jishnu's
By Izanami 2023-02-24 17:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know (outside that dam JSE earring +2) and before anyone says Oneiros Knife, I like the extra crit chance and dex off the knife for Jishnu's

For Jishnu's Radiance:
Ignoring Oneiros knife and Chrono Arrow and assuming you are at or nearly at attack cap, then I only recommend trying Amini Bottilons +3. The other "better" items my code finds are not significant upgrades. Use Ikenga's Clogs R30 if you are also attacking from True Shot range, though.

For AM3 midshot sets with high buffs, I'm seeing the following:
By Nehot 2023-02-24 19:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am curious about Trueshot, when I did my testing in game I swapped between my regular AM3 set and a AM3 trueshot set and I didnt see any damage increase at all. Had cor, geo, brd buffs so I was attack capped. Was I doing something wrong or am I right that trueshot doesnt act as PDL but just raw attack increase to the PDL.

ItemSet 390021 ItemSet 390025
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-24 19:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am curious about Trueshot, when I did my testing in game I swapped between my regular AM3 set and a AM3 trueshot set and I didnt see any damage increase at all. Had cor, geo, brd buffs so I was attack capped. Was I doing something wrong or am I right that trueshot doesnt act as PDL but just raw attack increase to the PDL.

ItemSet 390021 ItemSet 390025

Did you bring yourself into proper True Shot range? If outside that range it really doesn't do jack- the gear increases the boost when at proper distance, it sadly doesn't increase the distance/range that gives the boost.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2023-02-24 19:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Was I doing something wrong or am I right that trueshot doesnt act as PDL but just raw attack increase to the PDL.
To respond to this piece of your question: true shot doesn't actually have anything to do with PDL or the "ranged attack" stat at all — it grants its own separate damage multiplier (when you're shooting from the correct distance, as Celebrindal mentions above).
By Nehot 2023-02-24 19:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Did you bring yourself into proper True Shot range? If outside that range it really doesn't do jack- the gear increases the boost when at proper distance, it sadly doesn't increase the distance/range that gives the boost.

Yes I was at correct range. I have a toggle between the midshot sets and testing regular am3 and trueshot I did not see any increase.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 97 98 99