First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Aller
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2021-01-07 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
If only more NA players who do DynaD W3 played so coordinated and actually utilized jobs properly like that JP team does on those vids. Most of the people are on auto spam 1k tp back to back while watching Netflix... don't care bro i win the parse bro R15 or bust bro TP overflow bro the new meta bro... The egos are so high and tight its unbelievable...

Agree 100%. I just wish I knew what was going on in their videos.
By SimonSes 2021-01-07 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
If only more NA players who do DynaD W3 played so coordinated and actually utilized jobs properly like that JP team does on those vids. Most of the people are on auto spam 1k tp back to back while watching Netflix... don't care bro i win the parse bro R15 or bust bro TP overflow bro the new meta bro... The egos are so high and tight its unbelievable...

I tried encourage people in my previous LS to play optimally and people reacted very bad to that. They just wanted to have fun and play how they wanted. You really need specific people to do certain things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-07 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
If they only play ranger, then I'm not sure why they'd be low on inventory space.

The conversation context is around jobs that can use herculean gear. mnk/thf/rng/nin/blu/cor/pup/dnc/run. Their drobes (if purchased) could contain gear from other jobs that can't wear herculean. And their inventory and storages could be full of random items for crafting and farmed etc..

"just play ranger" is in context to herculean gear.

Anyone who plays Ranger should also have Corsair available, and MAB herc pants are certainly worthwhile for that.

Sure, thats your personal opinion. I play both. I know many people that play one and don't/won't play the other.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-07 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I tried encourage people in my previous LS to play optimally and people reacted very bad to that. They just wanted to have fun and play how they wanted. You really need specific people to do certain things.

Its actually harder to convince the top groups to change. When you're already winning and doing so without much sacrifice in terms of personal performance, it becomes even harder to implement change.
By SimonSes 2021-01-07 13:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Its actually harder to convince the top groups to change. When you're already winning and doing so without much sacrifice in terms of personal performance, it becomes even harder to implement change.

Maybe, but my current LS is top group (you know that tho) and they seems to be very open minded about new optimal approaches and also have no problem doing old optimal approaches for the 300th times XD

EDIT: Also im not trying to say tryharding is better than chillout play with drink and netflix. Its just completely different approaches and it usually takes specific people to do one or another and even more specific to mix it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-07 15:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I use Gandiva sparingly, but it does shine in some moments-

-hate transfer. Again, with AM up, riding white damage during Decoy Shot to glue extra hate on a tank for various reasons (newer tank that needs some help, hate reset moves come to mind)

I can generally only dream about having a tank who will position the mob to allow me to Decoy Shot. For anything with knockback (most stuff of consequence these days), they'll want to wedge themselves into a wall. Is Decoy only a thing when using tanks that rely on Anchor?

Also, although I totally agree that when you CAN use Decoy, Gandiva is very good for it... Armageddon is even better. Same massive white damage planted on the tank, but even less hate on the RNG since you're most likely using magical WS that generate a lot less hate than Jishnu's.

This is why I find Fomalhaut so dangerous: Last Stand is a freaking hate magnet, and you don't get the other weapons' enmity reduction potential (Anni is obvious, Gandiva/Arma get the ability to be a better Decoy Shot weapon, Gastra/Arma can focus on lower enmity WS). I guess Fail-Not is even worse in that regard, I just don't usually think about archery options that aren't Gandiva.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-07 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think arma is actually more white damage, not the same. At least when you cap attack and especially when mob has more than 350 AGI. I'm a little drunk, but I think I already made this comparison here at some point in the past.

Yeah first post at page 40 if someone is interested.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-09 21:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ItemSet 377435

Im not really convinced to Oshosi Trousers in this set tho. Mummu still looks like a solid alternative.
Oshosi gloves are also interesting. I wouldnt take them for just +5% Double attack, but they also has 9 more STR and 26 more AGI. Also with 4/5 Oshosi and Relic+3 body, you are kinda reaching okish level of meva. I guess it would kinda depends if you are using Gandiva or Arma (Arma has 70 more AGI, which imo easily makes it a batter AM3 weapon) and if you are getting crit/agi buffs. Its also interesting what to put on cape AGI or STR. That Double Shot set is reaching ~420-430 AGI with Arma without AGI on cape. Switching to Oshosi gloves and AGI on cape would push it to AGI range that could potentially cap dAGI on even wave3 mobs.

I just wanted to clarify the AGI portion of that set in case people wonder...
/war (/nin u get +1 extra AGI on your base)

AGI on cape
103+355=458
&
No AGI on cape
103+325=428

Oshoshi Gloves +1 + AGI on cape will give you
103+330=433
By SimonSes 2021-01-10 16:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaha I'm sorry. I was a little drunk when I was writing that and somehow I was seeing AGI+56 not AGI +5 on Oshosi lol

My bad xD

I need to soon make some calculation for what to wear for double set for head and body. The problem is I have no idea what's the % chance for triple shot with body.
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-10 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaha I'm sorry. I was a little drunk when I was writing that and somehow I was seeing AGI+56 not AGI +5 on Oshosi lol

My bad xD

I need to soon make some calculation for what to wear for double set for head and body. The problem is I have no idea what's the % chance for triple shot with body.
lol its all cool. No need for apologies.
Been wondering myself in regards to activation rate

based on this:
Double Shot damage boost affects the second shot of a Double Shot proc and adds 11% additional damage.
Augmented with Adds "Enhances 'Snapshot' effect"
Adds 1% Double Shot rate per Snapshot merit level. The Double Shot job ability does not need to be active for the effect to proc.

There is nothing about Triple Shot :/

more edits...
So Impulse belt "enhances snapshot effect" combined with the body will be effecting Double Shot activation rate, since the body augments it o.o' or its just for Snapshot merits-.-'
If it doesn't, then whats the reasoning behind the description. There is direct Snapshot+% gear and there is "Enhances Snapshot Effect"
I wonder if its the same for Triple Shot
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-10 16:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

just snapshot merits, relic body can double shot without the JA being active.
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-10 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
yes that part is clear, I was just not sure if its only checking for snapshot merits which if you 5/5 will give you 10% chance for double shot to activate while double shot is not up, OR/AND other gears that have "enhances snapshot effect" will get augment toward double shot %
By SimonSes 2021-01-10 17:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that part is clear, I was just not sure if its only checking for snapshot merits which if you 5/5 will give you 10% chance for double shot to activate while double shot is not up, OR/AND other gears that have "enhances snapshot effect" will get augment toward double shot %

They wont. enhances snapshot effect is exactly the same as snapshot+. Just at some point they decided to be more clear with description. Same for Fast Cast for example. Old gear has Enhances "Fast Cast" effect, while new gear "Fast Cast"+4%. There is few more similar cases I think.
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-10 17:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They wont. enhances snapshot effect is exactly the same as snapshot+. Just at some point they decided to be more clear with description. Same for Fast Cast for example. Old gear has Enhances "Fast Cast" effect, while new gear "Fast Cast"+4%. There is few more similar cases I think.
awesome, thanks for that
By SimonSes 2021-01-11 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wondering myself in regards to activation rate

Made a short test. From 100 Double Shot proc (dont have time for more, making calc took 10h..), 49 procced Triple Shot with Arcadian Body. So in Ranged "White" damage calc I just posted, I put 50% on Occ. becomes Triple Shot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-11 11:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So what was the conclusion on AM3 set for armageddon? I've seen acouple variations floating around. TY in advance!
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-01-11 19:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have the numbers for STP needed for 3/4 hit builds? Is it possible to 2hit these days?

All my old spreadsheets and the calculator I used to use are lost on my dead SSD. I swear it was like 31/20WS for a 4hit, but could be wrong.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-01-19 10:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So it seems like Tellen is a slight upgrade from Yemaya for midshot TP set? Probably a bigger upgrade in situations like empy AM3 white damage build (because of true shot+), but outside of that, it's basically a +5 racc sidegrade. Unless I'm missing something. Any of the other Gaol gear worthwhile for RNG?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-19 11:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
So it seems like Tellen is a slight upgrade from Yemaya for midshot TP set? Probably a bigger upgrade in situations like empy AM3 white damage build (because of true shot+), but outside of that, it's basically a +5 racc sidegrade. Unless I'm missing something. Any of the other Gaol gear worthwhile for RNG?

Just a quick comment- for empy/relic AM3 sets, people are going to use Kwahu Kachina Belt+1 over Yemaya. True Shot is damn good, but at times hard to take advantage of. If your group is taking Rangers, often its because of the safety that damage from distance provides.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-19 16:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So with this new belt from odyssey it’s possible to get something like +27 true shot without a ton of sacrifice, question being in the event of actually being able to stand at the correct range to take benefit from it specifically for say Armageddon and Gandiva would it be more beneficial to utilize it over a few crit rate/dmg?

Just going off the OP original set to get the 27 true shot would require swapping the legs feet and belt which in turn you’d end up losing 11 crit rate and 6 dmg

Wondering if it would overtake the overall dmg in an AM3 spray and pray situation
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 16:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does True Shot do anything at attack cap?
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-19 16:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding it works similarly to PDL except it’s a straight dmg increase period if you’re at the right range for it

ItemSet 377663
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 20:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What I mean is, at attack cap, does true shot have any effect?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-20 02:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-20 02:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From the testing I saw on the old BG forums yes
By SimonSes 2021-01-20 03:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
So with this new belt from odyssey it’s possible to get something like +27 true shot without a ton of sacrifice, question being in the event of actually being able to stand at the correct range to take benefit from it specifically for say Armageddon and Gandiva would it be more beneficial to utilize it over a few crit rate/dmg?

Just going off the OP original set to get the 27 true shot would require swapping the legs feet and belt which in turn you’d end up losing 11 crit rate and 6 dmg

Wondering if it would overtake the overall dmg in an AM3 spray and pray situation

From my understanding it works similarly to PDL except it’s a straight dmg increase period if you’re at the right range for it

ItemSet 377663

I posted it almost during update, so it kinda got lost in whole Odyssey discussions, but you can check things like that in my spreadsheet :P

Spreadsheet link
Thread to comment/ask/report bugs about this spreadsheet

Edit: I'm doing some heavy edits to aiming delay now, so stay tuned.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-01-20 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of True Shot, I did a little testing when I got my Gandiva and it seemed like it only proc'd on the first hit of Jishnu's Radiance.
Can anyone else confirm or refute this? Seemed like it was working similarly to how WSD only affects the first hit of WS, but it is certainly possible that my testing was flawed.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-21 01:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be very reluctant to give up feet unless you're talking Double Shot down sets only. Whenever you have both Double Shot AND AM3 up, Oshosi +1 helps a lot for both aspects (D.Shot and Crit), not to mention the huge Enm-15.

This does make me lean more toward Oshosi Trousers +1 with Double Shot + AM3 though (I generally use Darraigners with DS down but AM3 up, for a pure crit focus)... I honestly kinda dismissed the True Shot on Oshosi and used those just for the DS/Racc. But maybe True Shot has a bit more value than I've given it credit for on that piece.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-21 06:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving this from COR thread

Assuming I want to get value in second and we foget Rapid Shot exist to make it easier is it:
(Ranged Weapon Delay x (1 - Snapshot) x (1 - Velocity Shot))/114 + 1? EDIT: That +1 being forced 1 sec delay after shot.

example for Armageddon and 70% snapshot and 34% Velocity Shot:
(582*0.3*0.66)/114+1=2.01 sec

Is that 2.01 sec time between two ranged attacks, assuming I have perfect timing to innitiate next ranged attack?

Please help.

If this works like this, then RNG has some ridiculous DPS just shooting with Double Shot and AM3 up, so ridiculous, that I think something is off. Waiting for someone with higher knowledge or someone who will find the bug in my sheet >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 97 98 99