Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 97 98 99
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 08:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning! I see the scientists were hard at work overnight!

Outcome: Overkill midshot set = Aftermath/Empy midshot set? (dont trigger double shot) ?
By Crossbones 2021-01-05 09:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this data in any way change optimal gear sets for double shot sets and for am3 double shot sets? Also, any way we can get an am3 double shot set added to the front page? Thanks for all the science!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-05 09:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Does this data in any way change optimal gear sets for double shot sets and for am3 double shot sets? Also, any way we can get an am3 double shot set added to the front page? Thanks for all the science!

Just a quick response to the second question you posted- an AM3 doubleshot set is quite easy to make on your own- just get the doubleshot-related gear you have, and fill in around it with crit hit/crit dmg/dead aim as it fits and maintains acceptable ranged accuracy levels. An interesting debate I'm sure will happen in the next day or three regarding head slot, as that's the really confusing one for me- Arcadian Beret+3, Meg. Visor+2, or Oshosi Mask+1. Personally I'm expecting it to come down to the last two.

And I REALLY look forward to trying to perfect an Overkill set, because mine is definitely gonna change a bunch due to SimonSes's recent work.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have info on kwahu kachina belt +1 vs. Gerdr Belt+1?

Kwahu offers +1 crit rate.
Gerdr offers +6stp.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-05 10:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

they just have different uses, but I personally see no need for Gerdr on RNG.

Melee- Reiki Yotai or Sailfi+1/R15 depending on Dual Wield build.
Standard Shooting- Yeyama Belt (STP and ranged acc/ranged atk)
Empy AM Shooting- Kwahu Kachina+1(crit rate, very good racc, and AGI)

Removed Reiki because yet again I mix up my COR and RNG melee sets like a dumbass.
By Katyl 2021-01-05 10:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG isn't on Reiki or Gedr so it would narrow your options a bit. Shetal Stone is a nice DW option if needed though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-05 10:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
like a dumbass.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 10:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the same exact thing Leviathan.Celebrindal. Im working both job updates at the same time and crossing sets. /facepalm
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-01-05 10:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just really need an excuse to use my Gandiva more often, since I made it I think I used it for its true potential 3-4 times. I love that bow but other than Fu, and that one moogle ambu, its hard to get people to let you build for it. (also tried one time for the Odin MT fight where I wouldnt pull hate due to full decoy, and it started ok, but ended up getting my win using R15 Anni)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 10:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I just really need an excuse to use my Gandiva more often, since I made it I think I used it for its true potential 3-4 times. I love that bow but other than Fu, and that one moogle ambu, its hard to get people to let you build for it. (also tried one time for the Odin MT fight where I wouldnt pull hate due to full decoy, and it started ok, but ended up getting my win using R15 Anni)

With how fast we generate TP. You could probably hotkey gandiva when decoy is ready, and swap out while its down. I change weps lots of times during a fight. My group tries to abuse mob weakness skillchains so I use whatever wep tends to favor that weaponskill. Having said that, I melee more often on ranger, lending itself to usually gastra/arma. I do however have them all r15 and enjoy swapping around quite abit.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-01-05 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

With how fast we generate TP. You could probably hotkey gandiva when decoy is ready, and swap out while its down. I change weps lots of times during a fight. My group tries to abuse mob weakness skillchains so I use whatever wep tends to favor that weaponskill. Having said that, I melee more often on ranger, lending itself to usually gastra/arma. I do however have them all r15 and enjoy swapping around quite abit.

I hear that, I usually melee during W3 but WS trueflight, so I tend to be in Gastra, if i'm savage, then I have TP bonus on. If I'm shooting, it depends on the mob really, white damage really doesnt do much unless the mob really benefits from it, kinda like this months ambu where everyone is capping ws anyways, doing 80k crits would actually do well. But I also have (almost) all the REMAS + 2 of the SU5's.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-05 11:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone who's built one loves their Gandiva (assuming Chrono Arrows- Artemis Arrows aren't bad, but they do lack the base dmg), and wishes Archery was just more friendly to us in general in terms of results. How many times has the topic "How to fix Archery" come up?

I do love mine, but like the above posters the only time I really get to use it is when I can abuse Decoy Shot- and in those times you immediately become your tank's best friend. One time I do use it regularly is on Jeuno and Sandy Dyna-D wave2 bosses. We do our Wave3 runs with RNGs and CORs as our primary damage, and of course magical WS's are king in there for both jobs. But I've found that the wave2 bosses have the highest MEVA/MDB in those zones, and often fall back to physical damage.

The nice thing is they usually live about the duration of Decoy Shot. In addition, Amnesia becomes laughable as long as you've gotten your AM3 up prior, and then your white damage becomes even more powerful.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-05 11:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
How many times has the topic "How to fix Archery" come up?
Oh, that's an easy answer: Get a gun.

(I'm being sarcastic)
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2021-01-05 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I dont see Adhemar at all in AM3 set.

ItemSet 377434

Front page has Darraigner's for leg slot, is Mummu preferred?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-05 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Submitted Archery revisions question again on last months community event submissions. Maybe on upcoming job progression update they will finally revisit. BIG maybe :/
By SimonSes 2021-01-05 12:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
SimonSes said: »
I dont see Adhemar at all in AM3 set.

ItemSet 377434

Front page has Darraigner's for leg slot, is Mummu preferred?

Like I said, you already have 75% critical hit damage in that set. I would focus on capping crit rate rather than adding more crit damage. Mummu is not only 7% crit rate, but also +4STR and +19AGI. Without Mummu legs this set has +54% Crit Rate. Assuming 5% from merits and 5% base, we have total of 64%. Its hard to estimate the crit from dAGI, but on anything serious it probably wont be higher than 10% (unless maybe with impact and SV AGI songs or something) and I dont know whats cap on dAGI too. For Gandiva it might even be +0% too, since it has 70AGI less.

AFAIK most obvious crit rate buffs you can get are Blood rage, Rogue roll and Ramuh Favor. There is also 2 more "common" debuffs, 14% from Feather step and 5% from Stardiver.
- Blood Rage is 40% from master WAR, so if you get that, you can equip Darraigner's
- 11 Rogue's roll is 22~27% I would equip Mummu with only that buff
- Ramuh favor is 21~24% Mummu again if you only getting this
If you get few buffs/debuffs that together adds 36% crit rate, Mummu is wasted, otherwise I would use Mummu.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on the main page wf/tf set (top tier).

Does braccae+3 > herc legs?

Also i've seen it mentioned before. whats the aug requirment on herc hands to overtake carmine?
By SimonSes 2021-01-05 14:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on the main page wf/tf set (top tier).

Does braccae+3 > herc legs?

Also i've seen it mentioned before. whats the aug requirment on herc hands to overtake carmine?

1. No
2. Around 35mab and 4wsd, but Carmine has no macc at all so even slightly less to break even, but with macc would be an upgrade.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 14:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so main page top tier tf/wf set needs the legs changed to herc.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-01-05 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My set if your interested.
Code
        sets.Wildfire = {
            head=empty,
			legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Weapon skill damage +4%','INT+1','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},
			feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Damage taken-3%','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
			left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
			right_ring="Dingir Ring",
			body={ name="Cohort Cloak +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
			hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+5','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
			waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
			left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
			back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
        }

sets.Trueflight = set_combine(sets.Wildfire, {ear2="Moonshade Earring", left_ring="Weather. Ring",})
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-05 16:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now unless I misunderstood something before I was under the impression that 1wsd roughly equals 4 mab and the relic legs ship with 1 more base agi and 39macc as is. What would the requirements be on herc to over shadow that
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-01-05 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 3mab to 1wsd with diminishing results
By SimonSes 2021-01-05 17:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Now unless I misunderstood something before I was under the impression that 1wsd roughly equals 4 mab and the relic legs ship with 1 more base agi and 39macc as is. What would the requirements be on herc to over shadow that

27mab/3WSD Herc is break even for Trueflight using R15Gastra, 2x Malevolence and assuming Carmine+1 hands and herc feet augment being 30mab/5WSD. Ofc you wont be able to beat macc of relic+3 legs without DM augment. If using KC offhand it drops to 24mab/3wsd to break even. Assuming some super scenario for Relic legs (DM herculean feet and hands with 50MAB and no WSD and 2x Malevolence), 29mab/3wsd is almost break even.

Its almost the same for Wildfire with Arma.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-01-05 18:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My set if your interested.
Code
        sets.Wildfire = {
            head=empty,
			legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','Weapon skill damage +4%','INT+1','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},
			feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Damage taken-3%','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
			left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
			right_ring="Dingir Ring",
			body={ name="Cohort Cloak +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
			hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+5','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
			waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
			left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
			back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
        }

sets.Trueflight = set_combine(sets.Wildfire, {ear2="Moonshade Earring", left_ring="Weather. Ring",})

Would you not use instead the augmented Augury Cuisses +1 with 46 mab over those herc legs? Or does the wsd outweigh the mab?
By SimonSes 2021-01-05 19:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said: »
Would you not use instead the augmented Augury Cuisses +1 with 46 mab over those herc legs? Or does the wsd outweigh the mab?

Those herc legs are actually slightly better damage than Augury whiel also having 28macc. Herc break even against Augury is around 29~30mab/3WSD. Augury has 5 less AGI than Herc and 1AGI is almost equal to 1MAB (exactly around 0.92MAB). For trueflight 1WSD on legs can even be as high as around 3.6MAB assuming 2x Malevolence, Gastra, Carmine gloves and 30mab/5wsd herc feet.

EDIT: Of course while switching some equip lower or higher diminishing returns will change things a bit, but im generally using bis equip from guide.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-06 10:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so question about overkill Simon.

Are you saying that no +DS/TS gear should be worn during overkill at all? You're saying it's a separate multi-attack calculation similar to OAT in melee? Is that correct?
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Server: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2021-01-06 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For the legs debate. Shouldnt macc make relic+3 win due to random resists being a thing?

i swapped to relic legs bc i use cohort+1 instead of herc body / wsd+10 head. to sorta even out the lost wsd to mab ratio.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-06 11:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nightmarelord said: »
For the legs debate. Shouldnt macc make relic+3 win due to random resists being a thing?

i swapped to relic legs bc i use cohort+1 instead of herc body / wsd+10 head. to sorta even out the lost wsd to mab ratio.

Imo it worth shooting for a really great herc leg augment here. Especially if you gear cor, because its use for cor as well. (tbh all jobs that you will AE spam on)
By Masunasu 2021-01-06 12:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Using 30MAB/4WSD on Herc Legs/Feet, Carmine Gloves, I'm getting about 2% increase using Herc Legs; can be pushed to 3.2% if using 35MAB/4WSD Legs. This is with R15 mythic and no MAB buffs. I agree if you play COR you're going to need legs anyways, but for someone only gearing RNG the difference is probably marginal enough to go for whatever is quickest (assuming MACC has 0 value as well). Relic is also BIS for physical WS so have to weigh if the increase from using Herc is worth the extra inventory slot.
By SimonSes 2021-01-06 13:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nightmarelord said: »

While it has sense to counter diminishing returns, its still not better than good herc legs and you switched herc body and wsd+10head to Cohort so you added tons of macc to your build.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 97 98 99