You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 97 98 99
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-10-29 00:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you manual guys. its all fun and games till u fat finger off some good augs on accident.
 Bahamut.Oakozric
Server: Bahamut
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2020-10-29 22:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the Accipiter bow with TP Bonus 1000 is part of the Savage blade/ kclub build (on Page 1), can someone please confirm the TP Bonus from this range weapon works on melee? I'm seeing conflicting information. If it does work on melee WS, is it also true the TP Bonus on Hangaku-no-Yumi does? Or is there some kind of exception.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-29 22:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Oakozric said: »
I see the Accipiter bow with TP Bonus 1000 is part of the Savage blade/ kclub build (on Page 1), can someone please confirm the TP Bonus from this range weapon works on melee? I'm seeing conflicting information. If it does work on melee WS, is it also true the TP Bonus on Hangaku-no-Yumi does? Or is there some kind of exception.

Only works with Magian weapons. IIRC Hangaku worked at once point but was later patched.
[+]
 Bahamut.Oakozric
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2020-10-29 22:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Only works with Magian weapons. IIRC Hangaku worked at once point but was later patched.

I thought so, but nice to have confirmation. Thanks.
 Asura.Aller
Server: Asura
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-11-11 09:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so if BiS midcast is perun +1/nusku, shooting for TF am i correct in assuming that you would just full-time dual malevolences due to the TP loss of swapping weapons?
By Aerison 2020-11-11 09:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
so if BiS midcast is perun +1/nusku, shooting for TF am i correct in assuming that you would just full-time dual malevolences due to the TP loss of swapping weapons?

Yes, depending on sub.
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-11-11 09:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

in what case, would you use perun/nusku?
By Aerison 2020-11-11 09:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

in what case, would you use perun/nusku?

Last Stand/Coronach spam
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2020-11-11 10:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I thought so, but nice to have confirmation. Thanks.

I have both the magian bow, and the Hangaku-no-yumi, and a perfect DM savage set the only bow that works is the magian one, but you can stop at the sparrowhawk +2 (when it gets TP bonus 1k) it works fine. And you will have to wait on your tanks to get hate back... often. [that set is a freaking beast]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-11-12 01:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about the Savage Blade set: what would be the top 3 (top 5 at worst) bodies I could use in the meantime I get a decent Herc vest? I am currently using Mummu +2 Cuirie +2.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-11-12 10:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For savage blade?

meghanada cuirie +2
Mummu jacket +2
???
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-12 10:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a ton of mediocre pieces of gear out there, and Megh+2 really is near the top of the heap.
Off the top of my head, a Unity augmented agony jerkin +1 is probably the best.
Honestly though, Megh+2 is fine until WSD Herc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2020-11-12 16:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys, for Belenus's cape, the guide shows for TP, Aug with AGI, Racc, and stp. Just about done with that, but is there a reason to not use dust for rattack and racc +

Hoping I didn't make a mistake already on capes haha.

Also, according to BGwiki, cap for stats like agi/dex etc is 20, but I've seen people with 21 etc and old ffxiah posts having 30.

Just dont want to attempt and reset my progress
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 16:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's shortened. to fit the box.

You get 20AGI 20Racc/Ratt 10STP then an additional 10racc/ratt/agi (your choice, from the Dye) The guide goes +10 more AGI

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53342/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-new-ffxi-rng-guide#_user-_user-5-capes
Cape 1
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-11-12 16:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s 5 items that can get you different augments to a certain point on a cape. So yes you can get;

30 agi (2 different items combine for 30 total)
20racc/ratck
10 stp
Pdt-10% etc

JSE cape augments.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-12 16:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged TP ambuscade cape: STP+10, AGI+30 (20+10), racc/ratk+20. The final two come together with only one material, just like acc/atk, or macc/mdmg.

AGI works like DEX for ranged attacks, adding a marginal amount of ranged accuracy as well as base dmg to the ranged attack (so maybe its more like getting DEX and STR at the same time?), and with all the accuracy gifts that RNG gets, there's really no need to spend those last 10 points on extra racc vs AGI.

This also explains why you might see someone running around with some random number between 20-30. They're just not done with that augment yet due to lack of ambuscade points, but the cape is still functional.

And don't worry about capes. You'll need at least 4, probably 6.

Ranged TP
Physical ranged WS
Magical ranged WS
Preshot
Melee TP
Melee physical WS(savage blade)

Then you can go even crazier if that's your thing with stuff like Armageddon/Gandiva AM3 ranged TP capes, a Jishnu's Radiance Cape, etc. And worse case scenario if you feel like you did screw something up, there's always the needles to change a stat with a fraction of the cost of re-doing it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2020-11-12 16:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, okay, thanks guys. You're life-savers. Kinda fudged it up by picking racc, with the dye, but it will work for the time being.

Really appreciate you guys!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-12 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Ah, okay, thanks guys. You're life-savers. Kinda fudged it up by picking racc, with the dye, but it will work for the time being.

Really appreciate you guys!

that's a SUPER minor fudge, and like I said, can swap it with a needle for a LOT cheaper. No biggie :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 16:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For your shooting cape it's really not a big difference 10 racc over 10 AGI, but yeah you can burn a needle to fix it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2020-11-29 11:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a Blurred knife +1 be serviceable for a Savage Blade build while I work towards a Kraken? Planning on using the high tier tp build in the guide basically and making a tp bonus bow with the DI arrow.

Also, can anyone recommend a good gearswap? The one I'm using is from like 2013 (surprised it still works tbh).
By Taint 2020-11-29 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred Knife +1 is a great replacement and doubles as useful for COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-29 11:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred+1 offhand is an excellent option. as is an RP'ed Ternion Dagger+1 and its fantastic accuracy+WSD. Not to mention great base AGI if you do end up mixing in marksmanship WS's while using Savage.
[+]
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-12-13 22:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Pet: INT+14','AGI+15','Crit.hit rate+4','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},

would this have any use for empy WS or with AM3 up?
By fillerbunny9 2020-12-13 23:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Pet: INT+14','AGI+15','Crit.hit rate+4','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},

would this have any use for empy WS or with AM3 up?

aren't those Augments completely for the pet? even if Gearswap reads the augments differently, for Wildfire those will be beat by Carmine +1, and for AM3 shooting either Mummu +2 or even Kobo Kote would be better.
[+]
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-12-14 07:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it does look like that, the only Pet augment on the actual piece is the INT+14

I was more wondering about the AGI/acc/attack/crit - was not sure how it compared to mummu

thank you
By fillerbunny9 2020-12-14 11:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it does look like that, the only Pet augment on the actual piece is the INT+14

I was more wondering about the AGI/acc/attack/crit - was not sure how it compared to mummu

thank you

you're losing 31 RAcc and 2% Crit Rate from Mummu to gain.... 1 AGI. when it comes to those vs Carmine, you are losing 32 MAB to gain ~11 AGI. in either case it is a definite downgrade.
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-12-19 01:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, was wondering what is the average ws damage for truflight w/o buffs? this is my set
Code
    sets.precast.WS['Trueflight'] = {
		head=empty,
		body={ name="Cohort Cloak +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
		legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','"Dbl.Atk."+2','Weapon skill damage +8%','Accuracy+8 Attack+8',}},
		feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'MND+8','Mag. Acc.+23','Weapon skill damage +8%','Accuracy+6 Attack+6','Mag. Acc.+1 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+1',}},
		neck={ name="Scout's Gorget +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
		waist="Eschan Stone",
		left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
		right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
		left_ring="Dingir Ring",
		right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
		back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
		}
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Server: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-12-19 03:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jinbe said: »
hello, was wondering what is the average ws damage for truflight w/o buffs? this is my set
Code
    sets.precast.WS['Trueflight'] = {
		head=empty,
		body={ name="Cohort Cloak +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
		legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','"Dbl.Atk."+2','Weapon skill damage +8%','Accuracy+8 Attack+8',}},
		feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'MND+8','Mag. Acc.+23','Weapon skill damage +8%','Accuracy+6 Attack+6','Mag. Acc.+1 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+1',}},
		neck={ name="Scout's Gorget +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
		waist="Eschan Stone",
		left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
		right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
		left_ring="Dingir Ring",
		right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
		back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
		}

I missed what weapon(s) you were using. if anni gtfo. dmg lacks without sash the moment the mob runs up on you.

2k tp with arma gives about 20k ish dmg varying with gear.
with mythic u can ws as soon as u get tp without caring if u want.
with arma u need to save a little more.
rest of the weapons probably not worth ME looking at.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-12-19 05:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

gastra r15 and got the sash working when i'm close range. i'm doing around 30k~, main hand tauret and off hand malvevolence
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 97 98 99