Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 97 98 99
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 14:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Is your overal DMG output higher than RAing and coronach/LS spamming?

I told you you wont understand. Maybe I will make a movie some day showing RAing and melee KC side by side.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 14:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a very noticeable difference.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 14:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Hit wrong one sry, also if you want MA wep in mainhand I would instead recommend Atoyac as it at least gives you Macc skill.

You have no idea what are you talking about. Macc caps at 95%. You can be 200 macc over cap with your DP setup on COR and still hit resist occasionally, but it wont be the effect of not having enough magic accuracy.

The whole point of using Kclub is insane tp generation. If you wont try it yourself, you probably wont be able to understand the difference. Unless maybe if you play SAM, then imagine SAM tp generation on RNG.

That being said I would probably go hybrid and offhand kclub, instead of main handing it as /drg. I cant really imagine how many buffs you would need to have good acc on melee hits with just kclub on some wave 3 mobs. Its low accuracy even with +50 from dagger and much better accuracy set than posted above. But then again if you sack everything and just kill fetter than maybe its viable, but i dont feel like optimizing for killing fetters is that much needed. They are weak and fast to kill. I suggest using full melee buffs and savagr blade spam them tho. If you really want to TF them then use RUN for Rayke and Gambit and threnody/frazzle them.

I’m glad you agree the statement of no resists with truflight was inaccurate. In the case of Kclub, no I haven’t tried it as if I’m going to be meleeing anyways I’m not gonna go rng >.>, in the case of TP generation (basing this off cor melee as I don’t melee on rng) there has never been an issue of generating tp too slowly as long as you have capped haste. Again play the way you want to but don’t yell at me for pointing out the obvious...

Why wouldn't you melee? Your cor can't come close to rangers savage blades. My cor alt has dark augments and best in slot everything cor. And I still average 10k-even sometimes spikes as high as 20k higher savage blades.
Also, from the looks of it you aren't even ranger commenting on this stuff to know anything about it lol. Mr. two Rostum cor. You'd be the first on the bandwagon if COR could equip KC.
I was thinking the same thing for a video, Simon. Hope you beat me to it. So I dont have to lol
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I told you you wont understand. Maybe I will make a movie some day showing RAing and melee KC side by side.

And clearly you are incapable of explaining since instead of showing evidence you skipped right to full meltdown, I’m gonna ignore you then until you make a relevant comment.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

Why wouldn't you melee? Your cor can't come close to rangers savage blades. My cor alt has dark augments and best in slot everything cor. And I still average 10k-even sometimes spikes as high as 20k higher savage blades.
Also, from the looks of it you aren't even ranger commenting on this stuff to know anything about it lol. Mr. two Rostum cor. You'd be the first on the bandwagon if COR could equip KC.
I was thinking the same thing for a video, Simon. Hope you beat me to it. So I dont have to lol

So you are saying you hit 60-70k savage blades on relevant content?

And yes I do play rng occasionally, no I’m not making a melee rng because why would I? I can come drg war sam for dedicated melee DD, but doesn’t mean I can’t hear about it, but I think I’ll stick to talking to kaldaek as they are much more pleasant to converse with.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I think the issue is this... the pew pew strategy in DDyna doesnt work well with heavy melee. The idea is to DPS from range. Until its fetter time, since they cant harm you if tanked a certain way. This is where melee RNG comes into play.

The reason we are melee on RNG over COR. Is that the pew pew strategy in DDyna requires multiple different weaponskills to not gimp the damage. (Or else we would all be DP cors)

So if i am bringing a gastra ranger, I might as well whip out some melee action to speed it up.

This brings us to kclub ranger. The TP gain is so much faster I think the other guys are just frustrated. That when you try it, you will see how much faster it is. Sort of not needing an explanation.

Everytime I blinked on rng/nin with naegling/kclub I had 2k+ tp
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 16:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I have seen some rngs in dynamis with offhand kclub before but their dmg output overall did not seem that spectacular so I guess they were just not well geared enough? Or possible not enough buffs for what they were trying to do?
 Odin.Juliano
Server: Odin
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2020-03-23 16:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little jelly of all you people w/ proper ranger set ups. But then again, our group has this down that it's easy content for us. We just go with heavy dd, with a small mix of cors/rng. Only time I ever get Malaise is on the w1 and w3 bosses.

Based on our setup and the buffs I get, I've been experimenting and have found the following to work best:

W1 trash: Kraken savage blade
W1 boss: Doesn't matter since CORs kill it. I throw on my Arma and follow the cor SC with wildfire for an extra darkness. Could use Gastra just the same and try to time TF's to not screw up SC. Easy ***, doesn't matter.

W2 bosses: Experimenting, but kraken savage seems to be the way to go. Shadows help A LOT. Magic damage is worthless, and you can't shoot outside of AOE range, so may as well run in and benefit from geo bubbles. (Haven't done Jeuno since these changes, but assume I would still shoot there, and laugh when people instantly drop to dread spikes.)

W3: Kraken works on regular mobs and fetters, but lacks accuracy on NM's. (Still missing 2 malig pieces :()

I'm currently mixed between Gastra and Arma on W3. I should probably try to do some parses to get actual numbers, but eyeballing, they seem to average out to about the same. Arma has better white damage, and can put out better Last Stands, taking advantage of melee buffs. (And can still put out decent TF's if I need to... which I generally don't?) Gastra is a bit less white damage, but puts out consistent TF damage throughout the run.

The big difference is on fetters, where Arma wins with the better LS, since elemental damage on them is ***and I'm using LS on Gastra anyway. If it mattered I would be switching to kclub savage, but it doesn't since they die really fast anyway.

I've been leaning Gastra, but Arma works well when you're stuck with darksday or no /sch for aurorastorm.

But like I said, this is for my scenario. I sure wish I could get Malaise on every mob. /rolleyes
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 17:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And clearly you are incapable of explaining since instead of showing evidence you skipped right to full meltdown, I’m gonna ignore you then until you make a relevant comment.

Because you cant really explain it. I could try to calculate you WS frequency with your pew pew setup vs Kclub setup, but I definitely dont have time for that. Kclub is just WAY faster.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-23 21:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you cant really explain it. I could try to calculate you WS frequency with your pew pew setup vs Kclub setup, but I definitely dont have time for that. Kclub is just WAY faster.

Easiest way to describe it;

Shooting ranger builds TP fast enough to self SC when you get 1k

Kclub ranger builds TP too fast to self SC when you get 1k
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-23 21:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Baniak and others have shown that the accuracy requirements can be met with proper setups and other gear pieces, and honestly that was the biggest concern most of us had regarding the functionality of this in modern content.

The only damage concession you really make is that the WS/TP ratio, already incredibly weighted towards WSs in the Ranger world (In particular when using Trueflight) becomes even more exaggerated when using Kclub for TP purposes vs say shooting with a gun/bow capable of respectable white damage. But the loss in a Trueflight situation, when the white damage of Gastraphetes shooting is already pathetic compared to the reason we use that weapon, just isn't a deal breaker.

I'd wager that using Kclub to build TP in a physical weaponskill situation is a whole lot different in terms of that ratio with what one gives up losing say the double/triple damage procs of Annihilator and Armageddon without an absolutely overpowering magical weaponskill and just a solid physical weaponskill.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 22:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight I had great results. Outside of Halphas I meleed everything. Including Volte NMs.

Buffs: capped rostams/idrisgeos/4song mythic bard

sam/tact/wizards/warlocks
geomalaise/geolanguor/indifocus/entrustacumen

march march madrigal madrigal

Accuracy is not good without distract3. But DPS is a game changer as soon as it lands.

ItemSet 371906

ItemSet 371903

My next change will be to see if Tauret main hand > Malevolence.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-24 09:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have information on utilizing Decimation main hand with TP bow/DI arrow build?

Axe is B- for ranger; sword is D. It might be good?

ItemSet 371925

decimation+120%
WSD+67%
tp+1000
multi-hit so FTP transfers with the axe :P
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 10:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation is multihit ws with ftp transfer. You dont equip wsd for it, because it only works for first hit. You equip multihit and STR. Also TP bonus only adds accuracy.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-24 10:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation is multihit ws with ftp transfer. You dont equip wsd for it, because it only works for first hit. You equip multihit and STR. Also TP bonus only adds accuracy.

Is it worth sciencing? Sort of like savage rng?
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 10:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

It will never beat savage, so i dont think so.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-24 10:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-24 11:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't beat Savage but might still have it's uses. It should be plenty accurate if for some reason that becomes an issue. Also if Savage Blade misses it's first hit, a bulk of the damage is gone. That 5% Miss Rate loves to happen on weapon skills for me at times..

If the first hit of Decimation misses you still get a large amount of damage, and it isn't even noticeable if multi attacks are procc-ing with the exception of tp return

Having both isnt a bad idea, I carry this gear with me anyways for other jobs.

I want to say Decimation with the ambu axe is on par with Resolution at 2000TP or so.

If buffs drop, buffer d/cs, or you start whiffing it might be worth switching to it. It's a damn shame RNG doesn't get Mistral Axe though.

All Adhemar is augmented on the STR/Atk Path.
Herculean Boots have STR+10/Acc+20/TA+3
Pants are maxed

The Ambu Bow/DI Arrow nets you +25 STR

ItemSet 371929
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-24 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, does the DI Arrow’s WSD work outside of DI? If so, that could be devastating with Savage + TP Bonus Bow.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
That 5% Miss Rate loves to happen on weapon skills for me at times..

1-Hand Weapon (main hand), pets and H2H cap at 99% hit rate now; 95% in off hand. So as long as your accuracy is capped, you’ll only very very rarely miss that big hit.

Decimation with that Axe is near-equal to Resolution when used by WAR, can’t speak on RNG though.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-24 14:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Wait, does the DI Arrow’s WSD work outside of DI? If so, that could be devastating with Savage + TP Bonus Bow.

yes
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 14:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol you catching up :D There was like 2 pages about it when that arrow appears and why wouldn't it work outside of DI? It has no Domain Invasion prefix like DI only stats on some gear.

The only question that was up for some time was "Does WSD from arrow works on melee WS". The answer is yes.

Decimation with that Axe is near-equal to Resolution when used by WAR, can’t speak on RNG though.

It's not exactly like that. Decimation doesn't scale damage with TP. Resolution lows are low and highs are very high. You can abuse Resolution by using Warcry Savagery, Moonshade Earring and Crystal Blessing. You cant do that with Decimation.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-24 15:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol you catching up :D There was like 2 pages about it when that arrow appears and why wouldn't it work outside of DI? It has no Domain Invasion prefix like DI only stats on some gear.

The only question that was up for some time was "Does WSD from arrow works on melee WS". The answer is yes.

It's not exactly like that. Decimation doesn't scale damage with TP. Resolution lows are low and highs are very high. You can abuse Resolution by using Warcry Savagery, Moonshade Earring and Crystal Blessing. You cant do that with Decimation.

Like I phrased it, it seems rather close to Resolution's middle/high tp range/ftp. Sure it doesn't spike or vary based on a tp bonus. But for 1000tp Spam its pretty good for what it is.

Not sure if these values are right:
Decimation: 1.75 fTP (source since BG didnt have it updated)
Axe= Decimation +120% on all hits.
= 2.1 fTP per hit.

Resolution:
0.71875 fTP 1000 tp
1.5 fTP 2000 tp
2.25 fTP 3000 tp

Fotia Gorget/Belt add +.2 ftp across all hits of Decimation/Reso. I'm not sure if this is applied before or after the Ambu Axe's Boost.

The set I posted should also have 21% Triple Attack and 24% Double Attack, I'm wondering if it would be worth using Eponas> Ifrit+1 to boost that further. I don't have STR values at the moment.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-24 17:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

one nice feature of Decimation+Ambu axe is the SC bonus- Decimation chains well with both Wildfire and Trueflight, and creating a chain that closes with a magical weaponskill these days can be abused for high spikes in WS+SC dmg with less hate than equivalent numbers created by a physical WS.

Its not something that I use frequently in large group content, but it sure is fun to mess around w/ multistepping on RNG.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 17:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

= 2.1 fTP per hit.

It's 120% not 20%, so it would be 3.85, but Fotia belt/gorget are multiplied too, so 4.29 fTP per hit.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 17:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
one nice feature of Decimation+Ambu axe is the SC bonus- Decimation chains well with both Wildfire and Trueflight, and creating a chain that closes with a magical weaponskill these days can be abused for high spikes in WS+SC dmg with less hate than equivalent numbers created by a physical WS.

Its not something that I use frequently in large group content, but it sure is fun to mess around w/ multistepping on RNG.

It was corrected many times. It's not Skillchain bonus. It's weapon skill damage bonus based on skillchain length. It's the WS damage that is boosted if you do skillchain and I'm 99.9% sure it only works for WS performed with the axe itself.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-24 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

= 2.1 fTP per hit.

It's 120% not 20%, so it would be 3.85, but Fotia belt/gorget are multiplied too, so 4.29 fTP per hit.

My apologies, can't believe I did that. Thats looking pretty good though.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-27 18:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Evening all!

ranger/ninja for melee on wave3

is malevolence or tauret going to perform better with offhand kclub spamming trueflight?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-28 10:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Evening all!

ranger/ninja for melee on wave3

is malevolence or tauret going to perform better with offhand kclub spamming trueflight?

Im going to assume depends on gear and buffs/debuffs, but likely tauret due to having higher macc you may be needing due to buffs/debuffs being moved toward enabling kclub, and the lack of macc in offhand.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-28 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do Tauret if for nothing else other than the accuracy and lower delay.
By Viciouss 2020-03-29 21:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Woohoo! Finished my beitetsu stage tonight! R15 will be done as soon as I find enough Swart!
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 97 98 99