Welcome To Shiva!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Welcome to Shiva!
Welcome to Shiva!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-02-17 12:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
If I had a choice between Asura and going back to Shiva, I'd pick Shiva every time.

also Derfthegalka > you.

You do have that choice.

and right now I choose to stay on Bahamut, which is infinitely better than Asura could ever be on it's best days.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-17 12:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There have it some guy on the internet hates Asura.

Mission Accomplished. This thread is now justifiable.
By fonewear 2019-02-17 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If everyone hates the same thing it makes it good right ? So everyone hate Asura that will show em !

This is now the official I hate Asura thread air your grievances below.

And post a summary of why your server is better than Asura. I'm taking notes.
 Asura.Elazar
Server: Asura
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
If I had a choice between Asura and going back to Shiva, I'd pick Shiva every time.

also Derfthegalka > you.

You do have that choice.

and right now I choose to stay on Bahamut, which is infinitely better than Asura could ever be on it's best days.
Funny I couldn’t disagree more with this statement, baha was my home for the longest time, but time came where I had to get stuff done and moved to asura, I honestly love it here met some great people, have an awesome ls here and we get things done, yell are toxic yes, but at the end of the day if your reading all the junk your standing in Town to much with your finger up your butts and not playing the game. So does not bother me at all.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-17 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Funny how people simply don't get server is just preference based on experience and goal. And every once a while the discussion will be like:

"My server is better because it has this"
"My server has better because we don't want this"
"Yeah but it doesn't matter if you just block"
"Your server suck because I have experience on it and the experience was bad"

Repeat in every thread.

Asura.Elazar said: »
if your reading all the junk your standing in Town to much with your finger up your butts and not playing the game.

Why does everyone assume whoever play on small server are afking in town and not playing the game? If I stream FFXI I can promise you 95% of time when I log on I'm doing things, and 2/3 of things that I do are with real players aka ambu/dyna, these content just needs real players.

Just because YOU afk in game before you transfer, doesn't mean the same applies to everybody. There are people out there with groups and weekly ls events that happens 4 nights a day.

And it turns into pointless server banters when Asurans assume everybody on small server must lack event linkshells. This is false.
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 14:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Funny how people simply don't get server is just preference based on experience and goal. And every once a while the discussion will be like:

"My server is better because it has this"
"My server has better because we don't want this"
"Yeah but it doesn't matter if you just block"
"Your server suck because I have experience on it and the experience was bad"

Repeat in every thread.

Asura.Elazar said: »
if your reading all the junk your standing in Town to much with your finger up your butts and not playing the game.

Why does everyone assume whoever play on small server are afking in town and not playing the game? If I stream FFXI I can promise you 95% of time when I log on I'm doing things, and 2/3 of things that I do are with real players aka ambu/dyna, these content just needs real players.

Just because YOU afk in game before you transfer, doesn't mean the same applies to everybody. There are people out there with groups and weekly ls events that happens 4 nights a day.

And it turns into pointless server banters when Asurans assume everybody on small server must lack event linkshells. This is false.
you missed what I said, or I miss rote it, I just mean your standing to long in town on asura it’s full of toxic crap. And that if your proactively looking for things to do that spam junk should never be a problem, I never mentioned about a small server
By fonewear 2019-02-17 14:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone on Asura is either a troll or afk. Trust me I surveyed everyone...even the afk people.
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 14:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone on Asura is either a troll or afk. Trust me I surveyed everyone...even the afk people.
Lies!!! I’m not a troll! And I never stop
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-02-17 14:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the fact you're reaching out to other servers like I sometimes do with Cerb .. but the replies were hilarious. Thanks :)
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Love the fact you're reaching out to other servers like I sometimes do with Cerb .. but the replies were hilarious. Thanks :)
Cerberus is not a server!! Don’t lie to people it’s a group of 8 people.
[+]
By Tomlaps 2019-02-17 17:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that.

Welcome to Vana'diel.
By uwainX 2019-02-17 17:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I no longer play the game nor do I post much on here I feel,however,inclined to point out a few things :

-I used to play the game on and off before I quit.The last time I played I decided to move to Shiva due to my original server being dead.

Also during that time frame I moved to Asura briefly to buy some empy weapon items because it was cheaper/faster at the time so I can safely say that I've experienced both ends of the spectrum.

-Shiva was (and hopefully still is) a great server with a bunch of the most helpful people any new/old player could ask for (speaking from a personal experience though it may not be the case for everyone for reasons I will try to explain later)

-I first stumbled upon a social called Kindreds over there and I had fun playing and getting things done with them,then after that I had the pleasure of playing alongside Arislan,Tomlaps,and others (apologies if I forgot your name) who were actively pursuing the endgame scene at that time and I had a blast doing so

-Asura on the other hand had it all.The good and the bad combined.And this is not to say that Shiva which is a smaller server didn't have any bad seeds but I personally haven't met any there.It may be because of the low population (which can also be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it)

and now to the point that I'm trying to make here...

your server does not matter.

it is "you" who make or break your experience in any "server"

to elaborate more :

no matter how optimistic you may be,all things eventually come to and end,right? including this game or (hopefully not) you at some point.

so the only thing that'll remain is the impression you made.The memories people have about you.how do you want to be remembered? (insert a cynical joke here)

I'm not trying to lecture anyone about anything really but I honestly think that it's more about the individual and how they approach/interact with other players in this game than it is about the server they should be in or choose to go to.

fun fact : I used to have 0 knowledge about GS and was never under my radar until Arislan once (randomly lol) took it upon himself to guide me through it and teach me about all the lil neat things it can do.Thanks to him I fell in love with that addon.

I used to get excited when I added a certain set and a rule for it and it would work.I never expected to reach that point in game because I used to play casually and never thought of making myself better in game.It was thanks to Arislan.

And guess what,he never asked for anything in return.

Apologies for the long post but I had to say all of that just to make it clear that you as a whole (your personality,attitude,interaction,gameplay etc) can make a huge impact over the others wither you like it or not and it's never about your server.

Another clear example of this you can find in this very forum.Lots of people of which who still play (i think) or have long quit the game (Motenten and prothescar does come to mind) that made a huge impact long after they've left.nobody cared what server they were from but a lot of people including myself still feel
grateful to them.

Just my two nickels I guess.
By uwainX 2019-02-17 17:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hey Tom,hope all is well

Edited

apologies lol
By Tomlaps 2019-02-17 17:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay ! i feel better!

hope all is well for you too ;)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-17 18:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Uwain popped. We miss you pig! XD
 Bahamut.Kisukeurahara
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kisukeurahara 2019-02-17 18:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There have it some guy on the internet hates Asura.

Mission Accomplished. This thread is now justifiable.

You got valid points there. I'm glad you belong here in ffxiah and stay here forever. Don't ever and I mean ever leave this place. Root give this person Admin.
[+]
By uwainX 2019-02-17 18:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

miss you too bud

glad to see you still actively playing
By fonewear 2019-02-17 21:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

uwainX said: »
Though I no longer play the game nor do I post much on here I feel,however,inclined to point out a few things :

-I used to play the game on and off before I quit.The last time I played I decided to move to Shiva due to my original server being dead.

Also during that time frame I moved to Asura briefly to buy some empy weapon items because it was cheaper/faster at the time so I can safely say that I've experienced both ends of the spectrum.

-Shiva was (and hopefully still is) a great server with a bunch of the most helpful people any new/old player could ask for (speaking from a personal experience though it may not be the case for everyone for reasons I will try to explain later)

-I first stumbled upon a social called Kindreds over there and I had fun playing and getting things done with them,then after that I had the pleasure of playing alongside Arislan,Tomlaps,and others (apologies if I forgot your name) who were actively pursuing the endgame scene at that time and I had a blast doing so

-Asura on the other hand had it all.The good and the bad combined.And this is not to say that Shiva which is a smaller server didn't have any bad seeds but I personally haven't met any there.It may be because of the low population (which can also be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it)

and now to the point that I'm trying to make here...

your server does not matter.

it is "you" who make or break your experience in any "server"

to elaborate more :

no matter how optimistic you may be,all things eventually come to and end,right? including this game or (hopefully not) you at some point.

so the only thing that'll remain is the impression you made.The memories people have about you.how do you want to be remembered? (insert a cynical joke here)

I'm not trying to lecture anyone about anything really but I honestly think that it's more about the individual and how they approach/interact with other players in this game than it is about the server they should be in or choose to go to.

fun fact : I used to have 0 knowledge about GS and was never under my radar until Arislan once (randomly lol) took it upon himself to guide me through it and teach me about all the lil neat things it can do.Thanks to him I fell in love with that addon.

I used to get excited when I added a certain set and a rule for it and it would work.I never expected to reach that point in game because I used to play casually and never thought of making myself better in game.It was thanks to Arislan.

And guess what,he never asked for anything in return.

Apologies for the long post but I had to say all of that just to make it clear that you as a whole (your personality,attitude,interaction,gameplay etc) can make a huge impact over the others wither you like it or not and it's never about your server.

Another clear example of this you can find in this very forum.Lots of people of which who still play (i think) or have long quit the game (Motenten and prothescar does come to mind) that made a huge impact long after they've left.nobody cared what server they were from but a lot of people including myself still feel
grateful to them.

Just my two nickels I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2019-02-17 23:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
lol, your server has only 6 completed nirvanas, you'll never get ***done.

Frod pays 25m for an esper earring during ilvl era let that sink in.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-02-18 00:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Grievance said: »
Ozaii said: »
Actually biggest thing that comes to mind about asura is that our ***holes that no one wants to deal with cuz they cause alot of bs due to over inflated egos and such move there. Thats biggest issue I can think of. Can name 3 people off the top of my head but am goanna let them remain as annon though. Although some people do move there for the reason of a more populated server. Which only one person comes to mind for that. But again I will let the name be annon.
Don't be afraid to say my name you gimp pos. I don't hide that fact I left that server because dbags like you. you caused your own issues with the "3" of us

And months later, you still like to mention us.

Dbags like me yet you guys are pretty much the only dudes who have an issue with me. And again. Yall left cuz you were having egirl issues and other bs right before yall left you removed many ls members from the shell to prove a point for no reason at all? Then got upset when I refused to let yall back after you guys caused a bunch of *** in the ls. And that your friend seemed to think it was alright to constantly rage quit and throw little tantrums like a b***** so I kicked him. But no no no. I am the dbag for simply not taking you back though. After all the bs I put up with from yall. Alright then. Damn guess I am a huuuuuge dbag. And and the gimp part. Damn im kinda shocked actually. Lol Cannot even respond to that one without just sounding like an a**hole.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-02-18 00:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
sounds like shiva's ***stinks just like everywhere else's.

It isnt really about sh*t stinking. Just that you only got like a sliver of the story. Read the post above and that is a little bit the bs that occured. My reason for saying. 3 a**holes moved to asura. If it counts as sh*t stinking then damn my b. Not bashing you just pointing out that there are usually different sides to a atory.
[+]
By aisukage 2019-02-18 01:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually biggest thing that comes to mind about asura is that our ***holes that no one wants to deal with cuz they cause alot of bs due to over inflated egos and such move there. Thats biggest issue I can think of. Can name 3 people off the top of my head but am goanna let them remain as annon though. Although some people do move there for the reason of a more populated server. Which only one person comes to mind for that. But again I will let the name be annon.
Don't be afraid to say my name you gimp pos. I don't hide that fact I left that server because dbags like you. you caused your own issues with the "3" of us

Dbags like me yet you guys are pretty much the only dudes who have an issue with me. And again. Yall left cuz you were having egirl issues and other bs right before yall left you removed many ls members from the shell to prove a point for no reason at all? Then got upset when I refused to let yall back after you guys caused a bunch of *** in the ls. And that your friend seemed to think it was alright to constantly rage quit and throw little tantrums like a b***** so I kicked him. But no no no. I am the dbag for simply not taking you back though. After all the bs I put up with from yall. Alright then. Damn guess I am a huuuuuge dbag. And and the gimp part. Damn im kinda shocked actually. Lol Cannot even respond to that one without just sounding like an a**hole.

That's hilariously spot on lol. I still remember seeing all the tells of them complaining. I remember them getting upset cause they couldn't out cleave my BLU on WAR which they then changed to BLU to try to out cleave me and failed miserably every time and after they couldn't do anything about it they then resorted to talk ***about me. If you want to compete for mobs I'm happy to compete like i have to sometimes with JPs at least i won't *** and act like a little girl if i lose mobs.

Was like dealing with my 2yr old nephew with them.

I remember them leaving the LS during HELMs thinking they could do it without you. I saw everything on how they wiped multiple times against Zerde at 99%.(even if they did stun just desserts) No matter how they tried they just couldn't do it and then came crawling back begging you to let them back in. Even though multiple people didn't want them back you felt bad for them still and let them back hoping they learnt their lesson. Even made this guy come apologize to me for acting like a child. (too nice for your own good) They got their Aeonics done thanks to you carrying them and then they went on their ***spree all over again. Even after moving to asura i remember him making a mule on shiva just to try to cause more ***with people.

I mean how pathetic and sad must you be to do all that. Just move on and get over it all. Also the reason they had to go crawling back to you Oz is because of their attitudes. No one wanted them in any of their LS's so they had no where to go.

I'm glad they found others on Asura to carry them (i'm not petty so seriously good for them).

edit: and i should clarify i got nothing against people on Asura. I'm sure the majority are nice but i just know generally other servers ***that no one wants to deal with either quit or move to Asura and i don't want to deal with that ***. Also with all the negatives outweighing the positives considering Shiva as a server is still doing well for the likes of myself (events are usually filled up alliance with real players able to clear all the current content. I have many friends here that i enjoy playing with). Gil isn't hard to make on any server. We have shields here if things needed crafted. Some still go to Asura to buy looking to save Gil on certain items and will buy for others if needed. But in general our AH is doing fine. did a sea all and saw over 1000 players here (that is probably prime time though maybe 400ish when quiet)so it's also far from dead. You just won't see many shouts but plenty of people talking in discord servers or LS's
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-02-18 05:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm. I didnt find
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-18 05:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Extract said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
lol, your server has only 6 completed nirvanas, you'll never get ***done.

Frod pays 25m for an esper earring during ilvl era let that sink in.

Man, *** that event and its droprates. If that earring wasn't completely outdated by other gear now, it'd still be worth the price just on how ***' rare it is. Hell, it was only outdated when lugalbanda came out.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-18 06:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody: Mentions Asura

Frod:

[+]
By kishr 2019-02-18 07:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you are all over exaggerating asura, it's got ppl and healthy ah. Why every pissed at asura about that.
By Ozaii 2019-02-18 08:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »

That's hilariously spot on lol. I still remember seeing all the tells of them complaining. I remember them getting upset cause they couldn't out cleave my BLU on WAR which they then changed to BLU to try to out cleave me and failed miserably every time and after they couldn't do anything about it they then resorted to talk ***about me. If you want to compete for mobs I'm happy to compete like i have to sometimes with JPs at least i won't *** and act like a little girl if i lose mobs.

Was like dealing with my 2yr old nephew with them.

I remember them leaving the LS during HELMs thinking they could do it without you. I saw everything on how they wiped multiple times against Zerde at 99%.(even if they did stun just desserts) No matter how they tried they just couldn't do it and then came crawling back begging you to let them back in. Even though multiple people didn't want them back you felt bad for them still and let them back hoping they learnt their lesson. Even made this guy come apologize to me for acting like a child. (too nice for your own good) They got their Aeonics done thanks to you carrying them and then they went on their ***spree all over again. Even after moving to asura i remember him making a mule on shiva just to try to cause more ***with people.

I mean how pathetic and sad must you be to do all that. Just move on and get over it all. Also the reason they had to go crawling back to you Oz is because of their attitudes. No one wanted them in any of their LS's so they had no where to go.

I'm glad they found others on Asura to carry them (i'm not petty so seriously good for them.

Could not have said that better myself. 10/10
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9