But we own Ronfaure this week :P
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-12 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
People just SMN burn in the region to get it.

Nobody SMN burn in ronfaure, and even if you'd get a party runing, you would have to do it right before tally.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-10-12 11:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If I did want to trade gear to get an area under the control of a particular nation,how much and what sort of gear is needed? Does it have to be high value,non rare/ex gear?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-12 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am logging in tonight to get that!
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-12 11:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
If I did want to trade gear to get an area under the control of a particular nation,how much and what sort of gear is needed? Does it have to be high value,non rare/ex gear?

Supposedly higher level gear is worth more, but I don't think enough testing was done to support that theory. It also has to be regular, non-EX gear if I recall. Rare might be accepted.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-10-12 12:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:

i asked this same question a few years back on ki and if i recall all u have to do is (start 2hour before conquest) if u have /blm (warp) set up Hp in bastok markets buy the crossbolts from vender that are like 1G each and trade thos in to overtake the zone. just keep going back in forth, shouldnt take the full 2hours to take zone over but it would be enough to actaully take it over and keep it intill tally time

more people u get the less u have to spend *shurg sholders* if spending gil isnt ur cup of tea really, but honestly 200k isnt nothing... and im not even sure if u have to spend that much to take it over.. just depends on the influence of the zone,not many people lv jobs as before like lets say 2 or 3 years ago? so it really shouldnt be that much of a task to take a zone over
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-12 13:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We got Gusty on Hades as well, had Saruta last week, Windy had Ronfaure the week before :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2009-10-12 13:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

of course now with explorer moogles, doing this lost a little luster. Still pretty cool when it happens though, especially for crafters etc.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-12 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Shayala said:

Supposedly higher level gear is worth more, but I don't think enough testing was done to support that theory. It also has to be regular, non-EX gear if I recall. Rare might be accepted.

Knowing if high level gear worth more is not really important. What matters is knowing which armor provide the best "gauge"/gils ratio. And I think that low level armor are the best. Now with satchel can buy stuff 80 per 80 anyway, if not 160 if you mule/store all your inventory.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-10-12 15:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Windy has had Gustaberg on Bahamut for 3 weeks in a row now.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-10-12 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It'l be the day that Basty Gets West Raunfaure and West Sarutabaruta....

.....and I'll be waiting....