Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2018 Version Update
December 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By volkom 2018-12-13 00:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
So, pDIF cap increase for certain jobs as a job trait, Attack Formula change... Did anything actually important happen? Or did certain jobs just get better than they already were, while others didn't get enough of a boost to actually matter to most people?

mnks are like this now:
YouTube Video Placeholder

and all the drk's are like this now:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-12-13 04:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I also feel like this devalued the JSE Necks somewhat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-12-13 06:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume that the necks + traits stack. So if the %s increase is a blatant 10%+ dmg increase (idk if it is), then jobs like Drk with neck could be devastating.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-12-13 08:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

unloading the Guildwork plugin causes FFXI to hang.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-13 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So it doesn't make sense that the job with the highest attack bonuses (Attack Bonus + Smite) get the highest tiers of potential ceiling for damage? Makes perfect sense given the nature of the job.

The application of the PDL trait was a bit inconsistent for certain jobs, but they don't devalue neck+2, they make them more important for jobs with the lower tiers (like ninja). The changes are minor, but some are quirky IMO. If combining the neck with new base traits, PUP and BST now cumulatively have a higher PDL rate than Ninja (+2 JT, +10 neck vs NINs +1 JT, +10 neck). Jobs like BLU and COR were left off of the PDL trait completely (unless subbed), and WAR only gets 2 tiers on the trait and nothing on the neck. THF gets one total tier of PDL (no bonus from neck) unless they sub DRK, which is pretty odd IMO. Very unusual application for certain jobs
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-12-13 09:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's talking about the real change though.

The NPC in Windurst has undergone a name change.
Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Robino-Mobino Toppi-Meppi
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-12-13 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda wack thf gets only 1 pdl...

Nothing on the neck either... but thf is a trash job anyway so who cares...
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-12-13 22:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

If anything it makes them even more appealing.

Except now on Dancer I have Physical Damage Limit +0.2, without the neck. DRK has +0.5, without the neck. So DRK gets a 2.3% increase with the neck, except, again, they need to be able to actually hit that much Attack for it to matter.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-13 22:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

If anything it makes them even more appealing.

Except now on Dancer I have Physical Damage Limit +0.2, without the neck. DRK has +0.5, without the neck. So DRK gets a 2.3% increase with the neck, except, again, they need to be able to actually hit that much Attack for it to matter.

Depends on the order of operation since the necks are multiplied and the JT's are added. When they were first testing I specifically asked if PDL was added to the pDiffMax or multiplied and the response was that it was multiplied.
[+]
By Taint 2018-12-14 05:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had trouble hitting pDIF cap maybe but for
High buff situations and jobs with high attack (hi DRK) this made the necks even more appealing.

Has anyone tested if the necks are multiplied before or after the new trait?
By Staleyx 2018-12-14 06:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I also feel like this devalued the JSE Necks somewhat

They are even more worth getting now with this update. Big Gains!!
By Taint 2018-12-14 21:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went out and tested.

Its (Base+trait)*neck bonus

Test with nonAG yoichi + eminent arrows. SAM/WAR

+24 str in gear. 1262
SAM r25 neck. 1388
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-14 21:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Just went out and tested.

Its (Base+trait)*neck bonus

Test with nonAG yoichi + eminent arrows. SAM/WAR

+24 str in gear. 1262
SAM r25 neck. 1388
Awesome! So assuming a +2 Neck, would this completely replace a Fotia Gorget for weaponskills? I'm still kind of operating on the assumption they are neck and neck. (pun not intended)
By Mookies 2018-12-15 02:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never understand how a game that was built on people working together ended up with such a cancerous community as it aged.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-15 02:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It never wasn't cancer. There were just more people to hide it. All those people quit and left the cancer behind. or became cancer.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-15 08:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Awesome! So assuming a +2 Neck, would this completely replace a Fotia Gorget for weaponskills? I'm still kind of operating on the assumption they are neck and neck. (pun not intended)

In most situations is is not particularly close. Fotia adds a .1 to ftp, so basically the neck is superior for any weaponskill with ftp over 1 (with any impact from aeonic weapons, moonshade, and the fotia belt included in that). So nearly every weaponskill in the game. Since the necks also tend to have a ws mod stat like STR (favor neck), and you also lose the 1% chance of not spending tp (favor fotia) it may not math out that perfectly, but it's pretty darn close and a good eyeball it indicator.

This is also assuming, obviously, that you have the attack to take advantage of it.
[+]
By SagaK 2018-12-15 09:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chasuro said: »
The NPC in Windurst has undergone a name change.
Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Robino-Mobino Toppi-Meppi
Yeah, about that. Any of you actually check on him? He's still Robino-Mobino. What's more, when I talked to him he locked me in place after cancelling the conversation. I had to force-close the game, it was the only way to regain control of my character. I'm really interested in seeing if that happens to anyone else.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-15 09:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
I'll never understand how a game that was built on people working together ended up with such a cancerous community as it aged.

That's just here on this forum, it's a composite of Allakazham and Order of BG. In game things are different, pockets of *** exist and they largely limit themselves. You can find lots of solid groups doing stuff and higher end groups helping people out.

Provided someone goes in with the right mentality, they can get everything accomplished they want.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-15 10:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

In most situations is is not particularly close. Fotia adds a .1 to ftp, so basically the neck is superior for any weaponskill with ftp over 1 (with any impact from aeonic weapons, moonshade, and the fotia belt included in that). So nearly every weaponskill in the game. Since the necks also tend to have a ws mod stat like STR (favor neck), and you also lose the 1% chance of not spending tp (favor fotia) it may not math out that perfectly, but it's pretty darn close and a good eyeball it indicator.

This is also assuming, obviously, that you have the attack to take advantage of it.

OK. Well thank you for clarifying that. I don't personally have a +2 JSE neck (in this case DRK), and haven't had time to do napkin math so that helps. The numbers probably get muddier if you downgrade it to +1.

I'm a filthy heathen DRK/WAR so my attack is always at the cap.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-15 10:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor really that muddy. The +1s and their 8% are still going to be considerable upgrades most of the time. 1.25 FTP is the break even marker at that point. When you look at stuff like Fudo, Rudra's, and Torcleaver it's still a large upgrade compared to Fotia while being much more cost effective. The bigger annnoyance is re-rping if you eventually do upgrade to the +2.

DRK Resolution may be a bit muddy, though.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-15 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got the attack to support it, +2 is absolutely better.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-15 11:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »

Dude, what do you think would happen once you remove the average players and other 'players' from a game? You would be left with crazies, fanatics and generally people who couldn't hack it in every other MMO. For example, after ffxi, I can't seem to play any other MMO without being a mute that seems to spend all my time soloing.

If you keep skimming the top of the barrel. You will eventually have an ever rasing bottom.

On topic, other than Drk, do you think other jobs can take advantage of the pdl bonus?
By Taint 2018-12-15 11:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor really that muddy. The +1s and their 8% are still going to be considerable upgrades most of the time. 1.25 FTP is the break even marker at that point. When you look at stuff like Fudo, Rudra's, and Torcleaver it's still a large upgrade compared to Fotia while being much more cost effective. The bigger annnoyance is re-rping if you eventually do upgrade to the +2.

I'm not sure you are wording that right.

The pDIF bonus only applies above the pDIF cap.

So for 2 handers if you are below 3.41 pDIF there is no bonus.

3.41*1.1 = 3.75

It only raises the cap. So if you are below 3.41 then you can remove the bonus from any alternative choice comparisons.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-15 11:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR definitely can take advantage of the PDL Trait / Bonus. But as far as other melee DD's go I honestly have no idea.

Most 2-hand Melee jobs always seemed attack starved compared to DRK and WAR, and 1-handers... well, THF can benefit on technicality because of SA/TA, but as far as other jobs go... can't really say.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-15 11:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand completely. My posts are all assuming you have the pdif to achieve the new cap the neck allows for (mentioned in my 2 posts back), otherwise this is all obviously moot and you should just use Fotia, unless its something like rudras where the mod itself would make it superior. Didnt think that needed explained.

Brahmz - getting to those caps is ways more about the strength of your buffs and debuffs than in any variances in attack between jobs.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-15 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I'm not sure you are wording that right.

The pDIF bonus only applies above the pDIF cap.

So for 2 handers if you are below 3.41 pDIF there is no bonus.

3.41*1.1 = 3.75

It only raises the cap. So if you are below 3.41 then you can remove the bonus from any alternative choice comparisons.

I'm not super worried about it. I'll have time to do napkin math and parse after this weekend and see for myself. Again, I'm operating under the scenario of DRK/WAR where pDif ceiling is pretty much always capped.
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-12-15 22:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, coming back from a break. Where would you all recommend arcana mob for v2 Ambuscade KI?

Thx
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-15 23:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand completely. My posts are all assuming you have the pdif to achieve the new cap the neck allows for (mentioned in my 2 posts back), otherwise this is all obviously moot and you should just use Fotia, unless its something like rudras where the mod itself would make it superior. Didnt think that needed explained.

Brahmz - getting to those caps is ways more about the strength of your buffs and debuffs than in any variances in attack between jobs.
WAR/DRK require far less buffs to reach pDiff cap, they just have that much much natural attack. This gets important because you can have the COR do Fighters instead of Chaos, or the GEO do Wilt / Barrier / ect.. instead of Fury. Now bolstered Idris Frailty + Light Shot Dia II is going to cap the WHM due to the monster's defense being nerfed into the ground, so this is more about longer events where you don't have that kind of situation.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-16 01:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yo, btw, today is the day that all the people paying 10,000 job points unlock their first augments.

Take your ***off the AH and double the price.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9