Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For crying out loud, it's 7.1 DPS...

lol 7.1 un augmented, true. Gotta augment that ***.

As for 5%, yup i was wrong, however i have seen a pic of 4% and i will now try to find it and post link.

Also as a rule of thumb don't believe what you read on wiki as "ultimate truth" Wiki is just a bunch of observations done by random people who have access to post. Both people i know with admin access to wiki are god awful players, the kind you actually kick from a dunes pt.

Edit: sorry for that wiki rant, my pet peeve. But yeah you guys right, main hand it.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-09 21:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Wiki is just a bunch of observations

And why should I take your one observation over a bunch of people saying you can't get more than 2%?
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Eeek said:
Nightfyre said:
Motokosun said:
I have seen some damn nasty *** Fane Baselards. Some of the best are to good to simply not be looked at for an offhand or even dual-wield.

No, just no... offhand damage on the Fane Baselard is pitiful.

It's possible to get a DMG +6 augment on the dagger, which would put it at base 33 DMG in the mainhand. With other good augments, namely Accuracy +10, it would make a fine mainhand dagger with Blau in the offhand.

I don't have a problem with mainhanding it.

Oh man, I'd love to mainhand a good fane. I've only gotten lame augments. I think my best was DMG +4 and ACC +4. I gave up on it shortly before I took a break, and now that I'm back, I've been focusing on making my BLM suck less. >.<;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What does wiki have to do with anything? Much less the admins...

28D 192 delay is still ***compared to the alternative of mainhanding the same dagger and offhanding basically anything better than a HS.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Motokosun said:

And why should I take your one observation over a bunch of people saying you can't get more than 2%?

Your right, i take back my 4% till i can find that SS. But 2% + dmg+6 +10acc is pretty cool me thinks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty cool alright, it sucks offhand and doesn't afraid of anything...

Agree with Eeek though, if I didn't have or couldn't use Blau/Sirocco (I'll never own an X's), I'd love to go Fane/Blau with good augments.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Motokosun said:

Um cause not proving someting is possible isn't the same as proving it impossible/possible?
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
What does wiki have to do with anything? Much less the admins...

28D 192 delay is still ***compared to the alternative of mainhanding the same dagger and offhanding basically anything better than a HS.

I meant people who can change the info on pages. Editors lol. And what wiki has to do with it is the claim to 2% max triple attack on fane baselard. Anyhow didn't mean for any arguments, just wanted to point out its a good weapon for a thf, ya.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Enternius said:
Motokosun said:

Um cause not proving someting is possible isn't the same as proving it impossible/possible?

Because POIDH.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Motokosun said:

Your right, i take back my 4% till i can find that SS. But 2% + dmg+6 +10acc is pretty cool me thinks.

I hesitant to say that you can quote me on this, but I think I saw a very similar dagger to this somewhere on BG. It may not have had TA +2% on it, but I'm fairly sure it had DMG +6 and Acc +10 on it. I know I've seen several DMG +6 daggers.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Enternius said:
Motokosun said:

Because POIDH.

Um huh? Not familar with that acronym
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 22:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pics or it didn't happen
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 22:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pics or it didn't happen. 5% is over twice the highest I've seen on a Fane, whether online or in the various forums I'm active on. The burden of proof lies with Motokosun. Nobody's saying it's outright impossible (though it may well be), only demanding evidence.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 22:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure I've seen 3% but thats it and I examine like everone
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 22:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen 3% but thats it and I examine like everone

I want to say I've seen one 3% dagger as well but I don't remember for sure so I'm not including that until I see it again or see another one.
 Fenrir.Sapris
user: dhibbsibo
By Fenrir.Sapris 2009-10-09 22:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

based solely on my experiences in endgame and meriting.........

DRG = SAM if not better, for DD, I have been in many many merit parties as BRD75 and have noticed a well played DRG trumps a SAM anyday......however also combined with a SAM it is devistating, overall best merit party i have ever been in was as follows....

DRG/BLU, DRG/BLU, WAR/NIN, SAM/WAR, BRD/NIN, COR/NIN

Dragoons are rediculous with cor war and sam roles...........cor or brd pulls, and based on xp/hr solely averaging around 26k/hr on birds with no xp bands..........this would go to show for meriting that DRG, SAM, and a good decorated WAR are by far best DD's in the game currently

as for anything other than merits the best would be RNG, DRG, SAM, WAR, MNK, DRK and as far as i am concerned those are the best DD's however.....biggest factors are player, gear, and how good your tank is as to not let them die, otherwise actual parser numbers are not valid!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 22:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A decked out Sam will beat a decked out drg. The poleram sams you party with are most likely using crab sushi or requiring madrigal and don't have fully merited polearms.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-09 23:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In MY opinion, for things that aren't merits because really.... best DD for merits? Seriously? Who cares. :s

This is based not only on DPS, but on usefulness for things such as Salvage, random tanking and whatnot. Everything is really situation and even the "situational" things listed are situational.

Non-Mages: MNK, SAM, WAR, more or less equal since their "situational" usefulness I think is about even. I've never been disappointed in the damage put out by my LS-mates with these jobs.
Zerg: DRK
Mages: BLM, RDM, SCH, SMN
Capped BCs: BLU

I've seen well-geared NINs, CORs and THFs do some great damage too, etc. I'm sure DRG can do well, I just haven't exactly seen any fantastic DRGs so I'd suppose I'm biased there as well. I also haven't really encountered any amazing RNGs either, not to say they can't do great damage. The above are just my personal favorites...
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-09 23:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll grab you guys a parse next time I merit on RNG. Hell, even if I'm on MNK, I guarantee I can outDD any random SAM in my party. Not because I'm that good, but because SAM is overrated as hell.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 23:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is.

Piercing isn't.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 23:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I'll grab you guys a parse next time I merit on RNG. Hell, even if I'm on MNK, I guarantee I can outDD any random SAM in my party. Not because I'm that good, but because SAM is overrated as hell.

There is that... one time sam was super over powered and one in relic does some nice dps but yeah. Also what about mnk with those peircing claws!?!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 23:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

A good sam isn't overrated, its just a buch of bandwagon sams suck *** and I could outparse them on my pup. When I say sam, I am saying a sam that I would consider good, and I have high standards.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 23:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Enternius said:

There is that... one time sam was super over powered and one in relic does some nice dps but yeah. Also what about mnk with those peircing claws!?!

Mnk doesn't have piercing claws. Your knowledge of this game never ceases to amaze me over the past couple threads I've seen you post in.
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-10-09 23:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

9fully merited sch
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-09 23:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my favorite SAM's...

Excuse his red feetsies, he was very excited to get them and they'll be upgraded soon, lol. Anyway my point posting this is, people saying that SAM is overrated have played with a bunch of bandwagon poorly geared, poorly skilled players.
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-10-09 23:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
9fully merited sch

1.sch
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Enternius said:

Mnk doesn't have piercing claws. Your knowledge of this game never ceases to amaze me over the past couple threads I've seen you post in.

er sorry slashing whatever.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 23:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
9fully merited sch

Chuckled a bit.

EDIT: Even ignoring that they have no bearing on the original question, Vampire Claws suck ***.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-09 23:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Integral said:
9fully merited sch

1.sch

Rofl. Unfortunately no one's taken down AV yet to my knowledge.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 25 26 27