Opinions on rank of best damage dealers
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Homam's good if you can't merit Polearm and go the Rose Strap route for your 6hit, but outside of soloing it's very very rare that Ares would be a DRG's best TP body.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:
merc kris is far superior offhand and much easier to get for thf. Well much better for a zerging drk that can't get kclub too

No. Just no. Merc Kris is not a weapon THF should be using. The low base damage just kills DoT, and that's where the majority of a THF's damage comes from on mobs that THF is actaully allowed to melee.

Need to learn to ws better.
Vegetto said:
Also, Pharp doesn't beat blau >.>

It is 2 dmg tiers higher... that's a much higher fstr cap...

Need to learn to THF better.
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bshizzle said:
Curious to see how people would rank the different damage dealing jobs according to best damage output. No restrictions on gear; looking for the very best.

I know right now everyone is all "sam sam sam" but I think a pimped out WAR trumps it. Also BLM is up there somewhere.

For merit birds, Rng(R.gun), Sam(R.bow), Thf(R.dager), War. Thats with best of best gear, Relic included.

For merit non-birds, Mnk(pw h2h), Sam(R. Gkatana), War(R. Gaxe).

OK for everything else in game, BLM. Sam-Mnk-War-Rng

EDIT: PUP Blm mode puppet and a Mithic weapon wins absolutely hands down on everything that doesnt have magic resistence, Overall PUP wins except on Merit.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:
merc kris is far superior offhand and much easier to get for thf. Well much better for a zerging drk that can't get kclub too

No. Just no. Merc Kris is not a weapon THF should be using. The low base damage just kills DoT, and that's where the majority of a THF's damage comes from on mobs that THF is actaully allowed to melee.

Vegetto said:

Sure... I'll just ws higher and more often. And you can go back to being the token TH. Though I suppose if your gear isn't good enough to hit blaus fstr cap but then lol get better ws gear
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:

Vegetto said:

Sure... I'll just ws higher and more often. And you can go back to being the token TH. Though I suppose if your gear isn't good enough to hit blaus fstr cap but then lol get better ws gear

You're recommending that people use P.Harpe or Harpe over Blau.

You're recommending that THFs use a Merc Kris.

What more needs to be said?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 21:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:

Vegetto said:

4 DMG doesn't beat the lower delay, acc, and attack of blau. Blau will ws more often and the 4 base dmg on pharp won't account for that.

Hell, Blau/Siccoro beats Pharp/blau
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:

Hmmmm that people are too zomg blau and don't actually think things thru? Just like all those sams that wont admit some of those rindomarus beat hagun
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
4 DMG doesn't beat the lower delay, acc, and attack of blau. Blau will ws more often and the 4 base dmg on pharp won't account for that.

Um I never said the dmg itself adds that much dmg its the fact that your str cap goes up. Espspecically since its determined by non-latent dmg
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:

Hmmmm that people are too zomg blau and don't actually think things thru? Just like all those sams that wont admit some of those rindomarus beat hagun

Except PHarpe doesn't actually beat Blau, thanks for playing though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Eeek said:

Except PHarpe doesn't actually beat Blau, thanks for playing though.

Only if you have crap for str...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No, basically any situation Blau isn't constantly hitting for 0. And if that's happening, it's one of the rare cases where I'd tell the THF to sit on his *** and play TH ***.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:

No. Just no. Merc Kris is not a weapon THF should be using. The low base damage just kills DoT, and that's where the majority of a THF's damage comes from on mobs that THF is actually allowed to melee.

Vegetto said:

\

I would only use Mkris on merit birds as a thf, OR if the mob is weak to piercing. Otherwise you will find yourself tossing down the occasional 0.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-09 21:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
what about x's/blau?

Best pre-relic combo. There's not really much else to say about it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if I ever get X /rage. Been doing that for a few months and the only one we got to drop went to the new replacement guy
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 21:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:

Um I never said the dmg itself adds that much dmg its the fact that your str cap goes up. Espspecically since its determined by non-latent dmg

Goes from rank 3 to rank 4, which is room for +1 more fstr, which is 5 DMG instead of 4, which still doesn't beat what blau has to offer, and that's if you're even hitting the fstr cap to begin with.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:

Goes from rank 3 to rank 4, which is room for +1 more fstr, which is 5 DMG instead of 4, which still doesn't beat what blau has to offer, and that's if you're even hitting the fstr cap to begin with.

Some weapons such as Blau Dolch and Company Sword have their base damage increased when the latent / hidden effect is activated. Due to this damage increase, the value of Weapon Base Damage / 9 is changed, but the weapon rank doesn't reflect this change. The weapon rank is still the same as when the items have their latent / hidden effect inactive.

Nope once again weapon rank is based on non latent dmg so goes from 2 to 4. If your not hitting fstr caps on rank 2 weapon on ws gear for shame
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen some damn nasty *** Fane Baselards. Some of the best are to good to simply not be looked at for an offhand or even dual-wield.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 21:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:

Changes more then that. Rank is determine by the non-latent dmg so it goes from 2 to 4. And um if your not hitting fstr cap on a rank 2 weapon in ws gear... seriously wtf.

Ok, 6 dmg, point still stands. Hell, if your acc is uncapped, the acc alone is gonna be enough to make up for the DMG loss in frequency w/o even looking at the delay, once you add the both of them, it still wins.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2009-10-09 21:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i completely forgot that pharpe existed
it's ridill, merc kris nowadays!
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Yeah if I ever get X /rage. Been doing that for a few months and the only one we got to drop went to the new replacement guy

Count yourself lucky... I've done atleast 30 runs over the course of a year (missed alot of weeks) And thus far i've seen 2, yes 2 chests that weren't empty. Oh and they contained lousy synth mats.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
I have seen some damn nasty *** Fane Baselards. Some of the best are to good to simply not be looked at for an offhand or even dual-wield.

No, just no... offhand damage on the Fane Baselard is pitiful.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-10-09 21:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Motokosun said:

"Damage is pitiful" Possibly on a 1hit, but triple attack that *** and were in new numbers... +5 tripleattack, +8Acc on a weapon is nothing to sneeze @t.

Edit: 4 Triple, mistype, and just checked has received up to +10acc. +1 str and +5dmg... IDK sounds *** hot to me.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Nightfyre said:
Motokosun said:

"Damage is pitiful" Possibly on a 1hit, but triple attack that *** and were in new numbers... +5 tripleattack, +8Acc on a weapon is nothing to sneeze @t.

5% Triple Attack on a 22D mid-delay dagger. I am so impressed.

For crying out loud, it's 7.1 DPS...

Also, 5% TA is ***. Never seen it higher than 2% and only heard rumors of 3%.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-09 21:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:

Would be great if you could actually get +5.

Wiki says max is 2% and at that point you may as well use Ridill or Merc Kris for their 20%.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Motokosun said:

It's possible to get a DMG +6 augment on the dagger, which would put it at base 33 DMG in the mainhand. With other good augments, namely Accuracy +10, it would make a fine mainhand dagger with Blau in the offhand.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2009-10-09 21:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fane/blau
fixed
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Nightfyre said:
Motokosun said:

It's possible to get a DMG +6 augment on the dagger, which would put it at base 33 DMG in the mainhand. With other good augments, namely Accuracy +10, it would make a fine mainhand dagger with Blau in the offhand.

I don't have a problem with mainhanding it.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27