Opinions on rank of best damage dealers
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-01 03:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

NOTHING and i mean NOTHING will beat a WAR/WAR. Best DD job combo ever.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-11-01 05:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We need some PvP here to decide this :p

Blu or GTFO
 Caitsith.Galieon
Server: Caitsith
user: Galieon
By Caitsith.Galieon 2009-11-01 06:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the original post. The topic was "best geared DD vs another best geared DD" so I dont know why no one has counted relics in this thread (unless it was somewhere between pg 5-12, who reads all this ***). I'd also like to add on the case of a fully merited DD: Wpn merits, crit hit merits, 5/5 str, JA's, etc. As for the situational uses, there's a few things I didn't see considered, that might not be as obvious as OMG-KRAKEN-Drk. Please note, not all of these will be Relic:XXX

1. Most Dmg/Least Enmity generation: Relic Gun Rng
2. Most Dmg/Survivability with Mage support (as in haste, brd songs, etc): Relic Scythe Drk
3. Strictly Solo, and with the quickness at that: Relic Drg (see link below)
4. Most versatile Dmg: Sam (think of fights like J.o.Temp.)
5. Best Mage Dots: Sch (have you seen the modus veritas spamage? see link below)
6. Best Mage nukes: Blm (sure sch can nuke hard, but we're talking 2 best geared jobs here, not mediocre gear)

Link 1: Dragoon ownage (who said lolDrg?) Things to note: Chain Number at start and after the kills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPOFApZzLxI

Link 2: Modus Veritas Exploit (if you have yet to see this, you're living in a cave)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUfc0-Cx2g

UFO is 1-2-Dead.

Enjoy!
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-11-01 07:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Galieon said:
Back to the original post. The topic was "best geared DD vs another best geared DD" so I dont know why no one has counted relics in this thread (unless it was somewhere between pg 5-12, who reads all this ***). I'd also like to add on the case of a fully merited DD: Wpn merits, crit hit merits, 5/5 str, JA's, etc. As for the situational uses, there's a few things I didn't see considered, that might not be as obvious as OMG-KRAKEN-Drk. Please note, not all of these will be Relic:XXX

1. Most Dmg/Least Enmity generation: Relic Gun Rng
2. Most Dmg/Survivability with Mage support (as in haste, brd songs, etc): Relic Scythe Drk
3. Strictly Solo, and with the quickness at that: Relic Drg (see link below)
5. Best Mage Dots: Sch (have you seen the modus veritas spamage? see link below)
6. Best Mage nukes: Blm (sure sch can nuke hard, but we're talking 2 best geared jobs here, not mediocre gear)

Link 1: Dragoon ownage (who said lolDrg?) Things to note: Chain Number at start and after the kills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPOFApZzLxI

Link 2: Modus Veritas Exploit (if you have yet to see this, you're living in a cave)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUfc0-Cx2g

UFO is 1-2-Dead.

Enjoy!

Yeah that UFO SCH vid blew my mind >.>
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-01 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Galieon said:

Say what?
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-01 12:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD
/thread
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-11-01 13:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BST>ALL (Thank You) (See you again.)
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-01 13:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Galieon said:

BLU may not be the best damage dealer, but it's clearly the most versatile. It is capable of using every damage type, from hand-to-hand to nuking.
[+]
 Caitsith.Galieon
Server: Caitsith
user: Galieon
By Caitsith.Galieon 2009-11-01 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu's are still dependent on mp., which is why they are not nearly as versatile as a Sam with slashing/blunt/piercing wpns. Sure, a blu can throw out a high dmg flame breath, but in the time it will take for the mp to be back, sam will have out damaged them with a 5 or 6 hit WS spam. In the long haul, a sam will do more dmg. Especially a well geared and properly merited sam.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-01 14:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Galieon said:
1. Most Dmg/Least Enmity generation: Yoichi SAM

ftfy

Agree with Azulmagia, BLU is far and away the most versatile DD, if not the most versatile job period.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 15:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Galieon said:
ftfy Agree with Azulmagia, BLU is far and away the most versatile DD, if not the most versatile job period.

I dunno, if you can get away with meleeing, I think DRG pretty much wins on the dmg with minimal enmity front.

Caitsith.Galieon said:
Blu's are still dependent on mp., which is why they are not nearly as versatile as a Sam with slashing/blunt/piercing wpns. Sure, a blu can throw out a high dmg flame breath, but in the time it will take for the mp to be back, sam will have out damaged them with a 5 or 6 hit WS spam. In the long haul, a sam will do more dmg. Especially a well geared and properly merited sam.

What in the world is sam supposed to use for blunt?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-01 16:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Galieon said:
ftfy Agree with Azulmagia, BLU is far and away the most versatile DD, if not the most versatile job period.

I dunno, if you can get away with meleeing, I think DRG pretty much wins on the dmg with minimal enmity front.

It's my understanding that /DRG is the sub of choice for Namas spammage, at least with high Haste buffs. As if Namas Arrow wouldn't keep them below the hate threshold already, they can High Jump hate away too. I don't deny that DRG is the best job at staying below the hate threshold, but a Yoichi SAM is possibly the most powerful DD in the game and is not limited by enmity concerns. If you're staying below the hate threshold, it doesn't matter whether you're staying below it by 50% or 25%, you're still below it and DPS becomes the only deciding factor in this comparison.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 16:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/WAR with Soboro/Yoichi.

SAM/DRG otherwise.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 16:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Caitsith.Galieon said:

What in the world is sam supposed to use for blunt?

This
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 16:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

WS's with that will still be slashing though.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but nonetheless, if you absolutely need a different type of damage, you can still use that for Blunt.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 16:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how SAM is a very WS heavy DD though, having gimped or useless WS's would hurt their dmg considerably, hehe.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 16:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't be using it for like skeletons or anything like that, but for situations where you need the blunt damage (Limbus, for instance) it's good if you want to save TP on those for the NM.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Limbus you can pretty much get away with polearm/regular GK though, you never have to have blunt. Just about the only place you need blunt for is temp
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 16:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree BLU is more versatile than SAM.

I'm just saying, if for whatever reason, you NEED all 3 damage types, it's possible.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 16:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I guess, it's just the the original poster also mentioned "5 or 6 hit WS spam" which would be gimped slightly by the WS not being blunt. Not to mention that thing's a 420 which will break most setups.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-01 17:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

SAM/DRG otherwise.

Sam/war + tomoe disagrees.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-01 17:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:

SAM/DRG otherwise.

Sam/war tomoe disagrees.

Tomoe/Yoichi? o_O

Actually that kinda makes sense if you 5-hit it. Hmm.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-01 17:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
SAM/WAR with Soboro/Yoichi. SAM/DRG otherwise.
Sam/war tomoe disagrees.

I thought the original line was in response to the whole highest dmg/lowest enmity thing.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-01 17:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
SAM/WAR with Soboro/Yoichi. SAM/DRG otherwise.
Sam/war tomoe disagrees.

I thought the original line was in response to the whole highest dmg/lowest enmity thing.

idk wasn't following was just seeing that as a general statement that if you don't have yochi you should be /drg
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-01 22:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Phalon said:

Blu or GTFO

Pvp doesn't decide well. Unless you're willing to have every class fight every other class.

If I'm wrong correct me, but that's like 20 something jobs x 20 something amount of battle's you would have to do lol.

Besides blue's aren't that great. At 75 blue's just unload their mp, and if we're still standing we r winner. Unless we r nub and unable to diaga some shadows, assuming you're using nin. I dunno it's been about a year and a half since I was into pvp. Not to say it's easy to survive blue spell spam =[ I was crying from bludgeon[sp]up.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-01 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU shouldn't be spamming spells in PVP or anywhere else, and they're phenomenal in PVP. If you're not spamming spells, anyway >_>
By Meez 2009-11-01 23:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Saleam said:
Gilgamesh.Phalon said:

Blu or GTFO

Pvp doesn't decide well. Unless you're willing to have every class fight every other class.

If I'm wrong correct me, but that's like 20 something jobs x 20 something amount of battle's you would have to do lol.

Besides blue's aren't that great. At 75 blue's just unload their mp, and if we're still standing we r winner. Unless we r nub and unable to diaga some shadows, assuming you're using nin. I dunno it's been about a year and a half since I was into pvp. Not to say it's easy to survive blue spell spam =[ I was crying from bludgeon[sp]up.

Bludgeon? wtf no wonder why u think BLU is wack ill ***on any one of ur DD's, outnuke any one of ur BLM's with heat breath set up, amd cure just as well as ur WHM *** stfu
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-01 23:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bludgeon's good in PVP because it strips shadows, pretty sure that's what he was referring to.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-01 23:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this blus are dependent on mp argument... yeah all melees are dependent on hp and tp too!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27