First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 21:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
We let a blu in our ls come one time. Cause he made a bet he could keep up w/ mnk and drg. The drg main healed as /blu and still beat the blu by almost 10%. I was mnk/war and the drg was /mage so yea I wrecked face big time lol

Personally, I think BLU functions best in merits by combining damage with enfeebling. Seedspray, for instance, to plant a good DEF- effect while still doing damage. Disseverment's DoT is pretty nasty in addition to 700-900 damage.

Drakesbane/Penta are Drakesbane/Penta, though.

And when meriting with SAMs, I usually don't WS at all.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-29 21:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the Unforgivable guy? ; ;
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 21:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Where's the Unforgivable guy? ; ;

Set to my named linked w/ my character
By Vegetto 2009-10-29 21:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is my lulz post identity.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 21:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL any 1 who has a good merited Blu
can out DD most all Jobs in most all situations.
sky gods blu falls short but thats about it.
between big 3 and self sc darkness or light BLu will out DD
sam and rng but would be a close fight.
Remember i said merited and well geared af+1 Enkidu homam ect...
merited meaning blu magic 8/8 potency 4/4 sword 8/8
By Vegetto 2009-10-29 21:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Remember i said merited and well geared af 1 Enkidu homam ect...

I can't see blu coming in even the same ballpark or being in the same sport as a tomoe sam on colibri
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 21:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:

Speaking as a career BLU, no. We are not a top-tier DD. I would love it if we were, but... nah dude, nah.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 21:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU doesn't come close to high-number DDs in just about any situation. BLUs appeal comes from its versatility, sporting powerful spikes, slashing/blunt/piercing/H2H damage, solo SC to setup MBs, etc. A bad weapon and other DDs' ability to match/surpass our spike damage with just crazy WSs and JAs make BLU low-tier when it comes to DoT.

I try to discourage BLUs from thinking they are purely a DD job. If you aren't helping the other DDs DD better, or helping the PLD hold hate, or setting up a SC for BLMs to burst, you're doing it wrong. That said, BLU is awesome in Nyzul, Limbus, etc. Pretty boring in longer events like Dyna.
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-10-29 21:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon, with the poke poke and the thrust thrust =]haha...
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 21:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Speaking as a career BLU, no. We are not a top-tier DD. I would love it if we were, but... nah dude, nah.

Dam thats sad then bro u sound kinda gimp ^^
I'm speaking from experience my Blu can
out DD all DD jobs easily. I can pull off 700-1k easily
off 1 big 3 spell. so if I bang off all big 3 thast atleast
3k alone now if i got full tp and do self sc w darkness
(expation 500 + vert clv 800ish)darkness 800ish
thats like 5k ish easily when u add that up
just off 3 spells and a self sc
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
BLU doesn't come close to high-number DDs in just about any situation. BLUs appeal comes from its versatility, sporting powerful spikes, slashing/blunt/piercing/H2H damage, solo SC to setup MBs, etc. A bad weapon and other DDs' ability to match/surpass our spike damage with just crazy WSs and JAs make BLU low-tier when it comes to DoT.

I try to discourage BLUs from thinking they are purely a DD job. If you aren't helping the other DDs DD better, or helping the PLD hold hate, or setting up a SC for BLMs to burst, you're doing it wrong. That said, BLU is awesome in Nyzul, Limbus, etc. Pretty boring in longer events like Dyna.

Yeah u sound crazy or u just been around some gimp blu's
fyi blu has no h2h lol
second if u know how to play blu
you can do some serious dot so don't
give me that bs lol
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The reality is that SAM gets faster TP and pulls off multiple WSs before CA is back up. Plus Penta Thrust will outdamage any of the big three. Frenetic Rip and HB have damage TP mods, but Disseverment unfortunately doesn't.

Also, with the WS spam left and right, you've got a pretty damn good chance someone's going to interrupt your SC neutering 1/3-1/2 your damage there. (And no, whoever interrupted it is not going to care.) You're probably better off trying to SC off another DD's WS. At least your spell will be going off whatever TP you had since you didn't lolexpiacion.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Dam thats sad then bro u sound kinda gimp ^^
I'm speaking from experience my Blu can
out DD all DD jobs easily. I can pull off 700-1k easily
off 1 big 3 spell. so if I bang off all big 3 thast atleast
3k alone now if i got full tp and do self sc w darkness
(expation 500 vert clv 800ish)darkness 800ish
thats like 5k ish easily when u add that up
just off 3 spells and a self sc

But what are you doing that on? A Greater Colibri?

I highly doubt you can outdamage most SAMs or RNGs in zerg situations. Other than that, who cares how big a number you can hit in a short period of time?

Also, I question the consistency of your claimed damage. Do you hit this every spell? The beauty of RNG is, a single hit weapon skill has much fewer modifiers on its damage, meaning weapon skills are consistently high; high on monsters that matter.

For example:

User submitted image

This was the start of 10,000~ damage in the space of three seconds on the Dynamis Valkurm mega boss. That's approximately 25% of it's health from one Ranger. These figures are consistent as well, because of the fewer modifiers on overall damage. With Chaos Roll and two Minuets up (granted, that screenshot was two soul voice'd minuets), consistent numbers like these are common for decently equipped Rangers and Samurais. Regretfully, I was not using food at the time of that weapon skill.

Blue Mages, on the other hand... Well, I know some pretty good BLUs. Ones with the gear you're mentioning, too, and the merits to go with it. I just asked if they think BLU could ever compete with top level RNG or SAM, and they said no. One of them has a Morrigans too.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I have deserved skepticism that your BLU will outdamage "all DD jobs easily". That's a very big claim and I hope you have substantial proof to back it up.

That, or every SAM and RNG on Odin needs to *** the manner in which they're gearing their jobs up and merriting them.

PS. Not trying to come across as an elitist. I'm not, but I would love to see how you outdamage "all DD jobs easily" on BLU. If it's possible, educate me.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Blue Mages, on the other hand... Well, I know some pretty good BLUs. Ones with the gear you're mentioning, too, and the merits to go with it. I just asked if they think BLU could ever compete with top level RNG or SAM, and they said no. One of them has a Morrigans too.

Morrigan's is pretty lol for BLU now. I feel really bad for anyone who upgraded it just for BLU. Relic replaced both body and head, hands were never good, legs and feet are the only worthwhile pieces due to 20 MND but moot since they're not DD pieces.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Morrigan's is pretty lol for BLU now. I feel really bad for anyone who upgraded it just for BLU. Relic replaced both body and head, hands were never good, legs and feet are the only worthwhile pieces due to 20 MND but moot since they're not DD pieces.

I know, but Morrigans implies it's a BLU who's gone the distance to gear themselves, or they inherited it from BLM; but that also means they go the distance to gear other jobs, which means they probably did the same for their BLU.

Or, they won Rank 1 on the Mog Bonanza and chose a Morrigans. /facepalm
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A maxed Dragoon probably shits 8k damage/minute in their spare time on Colibri. You're talking about 5k damage limited by JA and spell recasts plus MP as if it means something? Really? Drop it down to 4.5k for CA recast, add 1k for melee DoT.

5.5k/minute.

Whoop de *** doo.

EDIT: Figures worsen for obvious reason as mob level moves up, though TP fed decreases due to de-emphasizing or even eliminating melee DoT.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-29 22:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Kalico said:
LOL any 1 who has a good merited Blu can out DD most all Jobs in most all situations. sky gods blu falls short but thats about it. between big 3 and self sc darkness or light BLu will out DD sam and rng but would be a close fight. Remember i said merited and well geared af 1 Enkidu homam ect... merited meaning blu magic 8/8 potency 4/4 sword 8/8
Dam thats sad then bro u sound kinda gimp ^^ I'm speaking from experience my Blu can out DD all DD jobs easily. I can pull off 700-1k easily off 1 big 3 spell. so if I bang off all big 3 thast atleast 3k alone now if i got full tp and do self sc w darkness (expation 500 vert clv 800ish)darkness 800ish thats like 5k ish easily when u add that up just off 3 spells and a self sc

Your seriously gonna *** store TP to 300?
And how is 500 + 800 + 800 = 5kish lol?
You realize SAM can do more with Sekkanoki doing Rana > Gekko?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Body is good when you don't need the accuracy from Mirage Jubbah, and a decent build will allow you to wear it at birds no problem if you optimize. Various other pieces are good for lolSavage Blade and Expiacion, plus the full set for nuking.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
lolSavage Blade

When you can jump in the air, why would you use anything but? o_O
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
lolSavage Blade

I'm not gonna lie, that is one of two reasons I use that WS. That and self-Light.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Body is good when you don't need the accuracy from Mirage Jubbah, and a decent build will allow you to wear it at birds no problem if you optimize. Various other pieces are good for lolSavage Blade and Expiacion, plus the full set for nuking.

I'd rather nuke in relic head/body for the skill... anything worth actually nuking tends to be resisty. There is a lack of Blue Magic skill gear and BLU does not have the greatest base INT/MND.

Morrigan's is pretty nifty for Savage Blade/Expiacion, however, their damage is just too laughable and I'm finding myself ignoring them more and more.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So do you not weapon skill at all anymore?

Pardon the questions, I'm levelling BLU as my next job so I'm trying to learn all there is to know.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 MACC merits helps a bit, plus it's a niche thing anyway. If it's something that resisty, they'll always have me come BLM ; ; So BLU nuking tends to be more of a solo deal here (thus less resisty), like the various Regurgitation solos you see sometimes.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
lolSavage Blade

I'm not gonna lie, that is one of two reasons I use that WS. That and self-Light.

lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Pardon the questions, I'm levelling BLU as my next job so I'm trying to learn all there is to know.

Self-SC is nifty as hell but parties generally won't wait for you to SC and using CA right when it comes up is often more effective, so it's more of an on-demand thing when the backline needs to MB or something you'll do for fun. When CA is on cooldown, there's always Vorpal Blade.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
5/5 MACC merits helps a bit, plus it's a niche thing anyway. If it's something that resisty, they'll always have me come BLM ; ; So BLU nuking tends to be more of a solo deal here (thus less resisty), like the various Regurgitation solos you see sometimes.

Working on my Regurgitation build atm, that's where those legs and feet would be pretty nice. Got my Neptune's, which is a start!

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

In most solo scenarios, I do try to set up solo SCs, like SB -> Cannonball -> Magic Hammer vs Imps. Getting an extra 60% of your Disseverment's damage when doing Distortion is pretty nice, too (not going to happen on Imps, Water and Ice are dark elements).

Sky mobs, I do not WS. I will usually Cannonball off someone else's WS (usually the PLD's Savage Blade) to create the SC; in turn, BLMs can burst. Pretty nifty for a truckload more TA damage.

Dynamis, I SA Vertical Cleave with TP if I'm a DD. I'm usually a healer in Dyna. Limbus... depends, I guess. Usually few enough people to self-SC without getting interrupted, nifty when a mage bursts it. If the mob is blunt-weak, I'll Vorpal Blade + HB or CA Frenetic Rip.

In Einherjar, I toss an occasional Radiant Breath and that's the extent of my damage.

So... I still WS a fair bit, but only for SC purposes. If I have the TP to finish off a mob with Vorpal Blade, I'll do that since it's the best WS we've got damage-wise.

EDIT: And in case you didn't read from earlier, I don't WS in merits unless a Vorpal Blade will finish the mob or I'm certain I can get off an uninterrupted Distortion.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not Sh*ting on any 1 but a lot of yall
don't know about blu because morrigans body
is trash for blu period.
there is no body in the game that u should
cast DD or nuke spell in other than AF+1
or regular AF the 15 blu magic skill pts
alone make this the best casting body
for most all blu spells *most*
now back to what i was saying b4
as long as blu has mp
no job can pull out more damage
2 blu spells will equal
ws dam of regular DD jobs
sam rng ect...
sad no real blu
are on here helping me out w this lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
as long as blu has mp
2 blu spells will equal
sam rng ect...

POST SOME PROOF

Read my big post. I want proof. Because my educated and experienced opinion say this is simply not true.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the big three in immediate succession SHOULD outdamage a WS, but... watch your MP. Your HP, too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 22:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Not Sh*ting on any 1 but a lot of yall
don't know about blu because morrigans body
is trash for blu period.
there is no body in the game that u should
cast DD or nuke spell in other than AF 1
or regular AF the 15 blu magic skill pts
alone make this the best casting body
for most all blu spells *most*

First, stop posting in this dumbass style and form sentences so you actually make sense. Second, Morrigan's Robe > Mirage Jubbah when you don't need the extra ACC and Morrigan's > AF+1 for CA VCleave and Cannonball. I'll do the math if you like.

Quote:
now back to what i was saying b4
as long as blu has mp
2 blu spells will equal
sam rng ect...

Man you run with some gimp DDs...

Quote:
sad no real blu
are on here helping me out w this lol

Me. Azulmagia. Blazza. All "real BLUs". Sup? This is *** sad when I have to argue against my career job, what the hell...

EDIT: Post your gear sets. I want to see this amazing BLU that outdamages any other DD in general situations.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27