First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Odin.Helleru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Heller
By Odin.Helleru 2018-10-24 07:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Ey, yo! It may be a dropped packets issue, in which case, it's not SE's fault. It's your ISP's carrier signal *** up. Wait a few hours, maybe a day or so. Go play other games or watch Boku no Pico in the meantime. It'll fix itself when whatever hiccup your ISP is dealing with works itself out.

I'd say that was the case, except I'm not having trouble with anything else, i'm only having issues with XI. So it's SE-specific, but that's not to say the ISP can't be the issue, just that it only relates to this game.

That aside, I really have been meaning to watch Overlord, that seems like a better idea that sitting here watching my in-game connection bounce and dream of getting my last AA trust. :-P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-24 07:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't dropped packets, and is wholly in the "fully squares fault" category.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-24 07:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Again: Dropped. Packets. Problem. NOT SE'S FAULT.
You can keep saying 'dropped packets' all day long, but that doesn't really mean anything. You clearly know nothing about the technical side of this and just picked up one catch phrase you love to spew.

A 'dropped packet' could be dropped by your own router, sure. It could be dropped by your ISP. However, in this case, and most like it, it's being dropped by SE's internal network. You can reliably ping their backbones at the time this happens. You can run a traceroute and see that it makes it to their network before dropping.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you wouldn't be so quick to defend SE. It's cool that your connection hasn't been dropped yet, but the issues are absolutely on SE's end.

It's the ISP. Trust me. Some ISPs don't play nice with XI's packet structure.
Please elaborate. XI uses UDP packets, which are bog-***-standard throughout damn near everything you use. If ISPs didn't like UDP packets, we wouldn't even be on XIAH right now. When your PC turns 'ffxiah.com' into '192.99.15.165' it's doing so using UDP packets for the DNS request.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-10-24 07:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There are currently some jp people streaming.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-10-24 07:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »

Cool story, wish I could login though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-24 07:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the equivalent of climate change deniers pointing out a cold day.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-10-24 07:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea same here person from asura.
By Staleyx 2018-10-24 07:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

cumonmebro Just saying there are some people online so not effecting everyone. Get a grip
By SimonSes 2018-10-24 07:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Worst time to get caught in omen.

Based on my avg per run I have just lost 5 Detritus. *** SE. They cant even *** acknowledge the issue. JP is probably fine and they dont *** care about the rest.
By emmawyatt 2018-10-24 07:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly this is crazy, i never have any issues logging in, and since they "replaced servers" now none of us can. And I was about to enter Dyna D, which now i guess i wont be.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-10-24 07:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea same here person from asura.
I was on Sylph way back in the day. Yea this sucks. I envy those JP lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Helleru
Server: Odin
user: Heller
By Odin.Helleru 2018-10-24 07:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Again: Dropped. Packets. Problem. NOT SE'S FAULT.
You can keep saying 'dropped packets' all day long, but that doesn't really mean anything. You clearly know nothing about the technical side of this and just picked up one catch phrase you love to spew.

A 'dropped packet' could be dropped by your own router, sure. It could be dropped by your ISP. However, in this case, and most like it, it's being dropped by SE's internal network. You can reliably ping their backbones at the time this happens. You can run a traceroute and see that it makes it to their network before dropping.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you wouldn't be so quick to defend SE. It's cool that your connection hasn't been dropped yet, but the issues are absolutely on SE's end.

It's the ISP. Trust me. Some ISPs don't play nice with XI's packet structure.
Please elaborate. XI uses UDP packets, which are bog-***-standard throughout damn near everything you use. If ISPs didn't like UDP packets, we wouldn't even be on XIAH right now. When your PC turns 'ffxiah.com' into '192.99.15.165' it's doing so using UDP packets for the DNS request.

I tend to agree, I was having no issues with anything XI before today's maintenance, and now nothing but. No other connectivity problems, and I've looked up like 20 different items, watched a couple of YouTube videos and posted multiple times on multiple sites during the same period of time since. As I type this, I just got booted from XI...so...yeah, that tells me it's only SE's side.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, just sayin' it's not Crapcast this time.
By emmawyatt 2018-10-24 07:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you notice, If you go directly to POL website, theres nothing but a white screen for the "United States" but i can enter through Europes and Japans sites.
 Ragnarok.Godsmack
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Godsmack 2018-10-24 07:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

can't login from this morning. vodafone router, italy.
error pol 0011
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-24 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea. Have you tried asking your mom about it?

I don't know what's worse, your knowledge of simple networking technology or your elementary school clapbacks.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2018-10-24 08:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Probably both but yeah I was online for a few minutes this morning and now it's nothing.
By Staleyx 2018-10-24 08:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell all US players are down. JP onry
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-10-24 08:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

they are dropping NA support due to ps2 limitations 3 quests away from my +1 ring dammit lol
 Lakshmi.Igadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-10-24 08:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

which is all anyone needs to know that this is a DNS issue and not "dropped packets lol".
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Twilighttigger 2018-10-24 08:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

England side here also down.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-24 08:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, confirmation bias.

Quote:
[Recovery]Network Technical Difficulties Caused by DDoS Attacks (Oct. 23)
During the time below, we experienced network technical difficulties caused by DDoS attacks.
Players may have experienced the listed issues as a result, but we are happy to inform that the game can now be played as normal.

With this incident, we have further reinforced defensive measures against DDoS attacks. We will continue to coordinate with ISPs to combat the situation.

[Date & Time]
From Oct. 23, 2018 7:10 a.m. to 8:54 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Players may have experienced the following issues:
・Disconnected from JP data center Worlds
・Difficulty logging in to JP data center Worlds
・Difficulty accessing, sending, and receiving data from JP data centers

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

Note that in their own ffxiv announcement, they say JP data centers are the ones having issues.

They blame DDoS per usual, but whether or not that is the actual cause the issues are clearly within their own datacenters.

Maybe there are some JPs online streaming, some of my NA characters are still online. But, there's clearly a wide-reaching issue that is disconnecting people with little preference. Of 12 characters logged in, 10 have disconnected so far in the past hour and the other 2 are fine still.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-10-24 08:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ded
TX, US
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-24 08:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's kicked me off entirely now and cannot get back on
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-24 08:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not 'just talking about the issue', you're trying to insinuate a preference for JP players and get people riled up about it. I'm clarifying the issue because I'd rather look at the facts than my own observation bias.

I don't really care for your personal insults, I've done nothing but post information.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10