Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 131 132 133
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 17:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Whatever Trump is hiding in his taxes isnt going to be leaked to the media lol, the Committee is going to release them to the public, legally. Meanwhile, its too late to fire Mueller, now that the Dems are in charge, they can just appoint him again.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be, and even Politico is concerned about the potential consequences of a committee vote to release the returns to the public, which is highly unusual. If there isn't anything illegal in there, it will be seen as a political and personal hit job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Except this time they’re going to have to assign him a crime to investigate

Says who? They can appoint him to investigate whatever they want.

Because that is the normal protocol for appointing a special investigator. The appointment of Mueller was botched in a myriad of ways.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-11-07 17:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahaha vic thinks the dems can just skirt due process wothout consequence and is even cheering it on.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 17:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahaha vic thinks the dems can just skirt due process wothout consequence and is even cheering it on.

Still waiting for a source for your Rosenstein allegation, no one is reporting it.
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Because that is the normal protocol for appointing a special investigator. The appointment of Mueller was botched in a myriad of ways.

The only thing that was botched was the firing of Comey. If Trump chooses the stupid route and fires Mueller, it easily gives the Dems cover to appoint him again to finish his legal, legitimate investigation. Regardless, Schiff has already said he is starting it over, he has 60 subpoenas lined up already. The US just received two boons, a credible House, and the firing of Sessions, a horrible AG.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-07 18:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The way that entire thing went down was very shady. It was done specifically to give the Democrats a way to bypass both congress and the executive.

I firmly believe Mueller is non-partisan and is doing the best he can within the scope of his charge. The guys a well respected legend who's served on many administrations. His team on the other hand is loaded with democrats who are doing everything in their power to damage Trump. Rosenstein insulated them completely from congress which is absolutely 100% wrong regardless of who's in charge.

When the Democrats start demanding paperwork and reports I fully expect the Justice department and the FBI to fully cooperate. Of course they won't have to provide anything because it would of already been leaked to the Democrats.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-07 18:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »

The only thing that was botched was the firing of Comey. If Trump chooses the stupid route and fires Mueller, it easily gives the Dems cover to appoint him again to finish his legal, legitimate investigation. Regardless, Schiff has already said he is starting it over, he has 60 subpoenas lined up already. The US just received two boons, a credible House, and the firing of Sessions, a horrible AG.
Exactly, and if they appoint Mueller again, it won't be as a special counsel, but as a PROSECUTOR. The last time the House did that, it was against Bill Clinton. The time before that, it was against Richard Nixon.

How many years of hearing no collusion does one need before you say hey, maybe there is no collusion?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
How many years of hearing no collusion does one need before you say hey, maybe there is no collusion?

Can you point to someone credible saying it?
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops, rosenstein to offer resignation in the next 48 hours.

We are just going to go ahead and call this a lie. Nausi is obviously hoping this happens so he can claim he was "right," but as of right now, its just a fantasy, not an actual report.
By Zerowone 2018-11-07 18:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »

Exactly, and if they appoint Mueller again, it won't be as a special counsel, but as a PROSECUTOR. The last time the House did that, it was against Bill Clinton. The time before that, it was against Richard Nixon.

Yeah but would you actually expect somebody who is being accused of committing the crime of the century to just say “Yah, Ya got me”.

Or the conspirators involved to be like “yeah we totally did it!”

My point is everyone in prison claims their innocent. Some are, and some are probably good people... on both sides.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-07 18:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious? Do you really think he would have sat on it all this time if there was? Come on bro, you're not that stupid. That ***would have been out before the midterms as a way to destroy republicans. It does not take 2 years to investigate. It only took like 14 months for watergate and that was back in the day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 18:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never heard anyone credible saying that you're not a serial killer, so I guess until then I have to believe it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-07 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I firmly believe Mueller is non-partisan and is doing the best he can within the scope of his charge. The guys a well respected legend who's served on many administrations.
Agreed.
Quote:
His team on the other hand is loaded with democrats who are doing everything in their power to damage Trump.
Despite what Trump and the right wing echo chamber says the team is mostly republican. They might be never Trump republicans, IDK, but they are mostly republican.

The entire DoJ leans heavily republican and LDS BTW, and has this code of political neutrality.

Mueller is a great example of that code.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious? Do you really think he would have sat on it all this time if there was? Come on bro, you're not that stupid. That ***would have been out before the midterms as a way to destroy republicans. It does not take 2 years to investigate. It only took like 14 months for watergate and that was back in the day.

lol, how long has Mueller been on the job? But I noticed you couldn't come up with anything.
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never heard anyone credible saying that you're not a serial killer, so I guess until then I have to believe it.

ok.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-07 18:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, how long has Mueller been on the job? But I noticed you couldn't come up with anything.

May of 2017
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

May of 2017

So, looks like you are right, it won't take him two years to investigate.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 18:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting for the massive backpedal that's about to happen. "We knew all along there wasn't any collusion."
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 18:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting for the massive backpedal that's about to happen. "We knew all along there wasn't any collusion."

I think you still have a really long wait ahead of you.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-07 18:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
I firmly believe Mueller is non-partisan and is doing the best he can within the scope of his charge. The guys a well respected legend who's served on many administrations.
Agreed.
Quote:
His team on the other hand is loaded with democrats who are doing everything in their power to damage Trump.
Despite what Trump and the right wing echo chamber says the team is mostly republican. They might be never Trump republicans, IDK, but they are mostly republican.

The entire DoJ leans heavily republican and LDS BTW, and has this code of political neutrality.

Mueller is a great example of that code.

The attorneys working under Mueller are majority Democrat, they are DC attorneys and virtually all of them out here are heavily involved with the Democrat party. I live here now Chanti, DC and it's surrounding area is practically owned by the Democrats.

Of course the Justice department is far bigger then a single investigation and the DC area isn't the entire country. If it wasn't for Mueller's historical committal to non-partisanship the Democrats would be in control of that investigation. As of now there is a secret document written by Rosenstein that people aren't allowed to see that instructed Mueller to investigate something.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-07 18:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite known attempts by members of the trump team, I believe the Russians were too smart to let active collusion happen.

They knew they were dealing with political amateurs and were totally masterful in exploiting our country's weaknesses.
By Nausi 2018-11-07 19:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for a source for your Rosenstein allegation, no one is reporting it.
if vic doesnt see it it must not hapoen.

Hahahahah

The epitome of a liberal right here.
By Nausi 2018-11-07 19:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats how their social constructs work bud.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-07 19:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to live and work in DC long ago. Best job ever for a 20ish girl with a chip on her shoulder. Riding someone else's motorcycle and knowing you will never get pulled over for speeding.

I do hope the traffic has gotten better but I rather doubt that it has.

The attorneys working under Mueller are DC attorneys true, but that has little bearing on where they come from or their personal politics.

Meet the Mueller team

Quote:
Special counsel Robert Mueller assembled a team of lawyers for his investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election and potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. The investigation has already led to charges against 35 people and entities, including four associates of President Donald Trump. Mueller brought on private-sector attorneys and prosecutors from the Department of Justice. Here are biographies of the 15 lawyers known to be currently working on Mueller’s team.
Check them out.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-11-07 19:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chip on her shoulder?

I am shocked i tell you shocked that a liberal feminist would have a chip on her shoulder.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-07 19:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blumpf is finished cause he got tired of the name Drumpf !
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-07 19:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 19:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

if vic doesnt see it it must not hapoen.

Hahahahah

The epitome of a liberal right here.

Sorry troll, we already wrote your claim off as a lie. You couldn't source it, and no one else has seen it either. I understand though, you are having a bad day. Get used to it.
By Nausi 2018-11-07 19:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

(We)

Hahaha!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 131 132 133