Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 131 132 133
By fonewear 2018-10-30 19:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump has a Jewish daughter therefore he hates all Jews. The logical is infallible !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 19:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
On the last few pages.

If you instantly removed all undocumented aliens from the USA our farming sector would collapse. To put it bluntly, citizens will not do the work they do for the wages they get.

The vast majority of them are gainfully, if illegally, employed, paying taxes and social security through phony green cards and SSNs. They will never see a red cent of social security BTW.

The anchor baby thing has produced a whole birth tourism industry. The vast majority are from China although many other countries contribute. Its gotten bad enough that pregnant tourists from China are being refused entry. (Jeb Bush was right in this regard.)

Trump is pure poison in Pittsburgh right now. So poisonous that every single politician he invited to come along on this campaign stop was somehow busy elsewhere. I sincerely hope Sheldon Adelson realizes what he has helped to bring about. Pretty much every republican Jew is lost to Trump now. (The loss of campaign contributions is way bigger than the loss of votes.) I would be surprised if this coming Saturday every halfway secularized* congregation will have a sermon on the wicked ways of the Trump.

*We have our share of the ethereal and other worldly types.

All I got from this is Jew money.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 19:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don’t see why Jewish people seem so universally hated...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-10-30 19:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »

Emotions are not rational things.
By fonewear 2018-10-30 19:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we do anything when we can do nothing...
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 19:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you instantly removed all undocumented aliens from the USA our farming sector would collapse. To put it bluntly, citizens will not do the work they do for the wages they get.

Which is a very strong argument for immigration reform around migrant workers.

he vast majority of them are gainfully, if illegally, employed, paying taxes and social security through phony green cards and SSNs.

That's not true. The vast majority are taking jobs where they get paid under the table in cash and zero taxes are being paid. That's not actually a problem as the pay is normally too low to really bother with taxes.

The two issues are the fact that very few states check for immigration status before allowing welfare. That family of illegals where the dad is working an illegal construction job, they are receiving WIC and other financial assistance. The second issue and by far the worst one, the male geographic bachelors working those jobs living six to ten in a cheap dwelling sending the money "back home". That is extremely bad, stupidly bad for the economy. Currency is the life blood of a nations economy, it must circulate continuously. People sending money "back home" are effectively leaching economic value out of that nation and redistributing it to a poorer nation. One leech can't hurt you, hundreds or thousands of leech's will kill a human.

Which is why I'm very much for an overhaul of our immigration system to make it faster and easier for visa's to be processed and legal status to be obtained or denied. Having gone through the system myself when I sponsored my wife, I spent thousands of dollars, took almost a year and we were in the super fast "immediate relative" expedited lane. Others doing it legally takes years and years to process. Our lawyer told us she had one client that's case as been working it's way through the system since around 2009.

So while I'm extremely anti-illegal immigrant, because ya know I had to go through the whole thing the hard way, I'm also very much about making things faster and getting some sort of legal status for those who are here. Not citizenship mind you, but a form of legal status that tracks their presence and can enable them to legally contribute to our great nation.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

but it is consistent over thousands of years and throughout so many nations. it really defies social sciences and logic for a non hostile people to always receive so much backlash... like wtf?
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

but it is consistent over thousands of years and throughout so many nations. it really defies social sciences and logic for a non hostile people to always receive so much backlash... like wtf?

Most logical people don't kill people (besides self defense). This guy could have killed anyone...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 20:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Has to do with churches over a thousand years ago. Both the Catholic and Islamic religions have a very negative view on usury (the practice of lending money for profit). The Islamic viewpoint has swung in different directions depending who was the Caliph, for a long stretch it was considered bragging rights to have a Jewish accountant or financial minister, while other times they were forced to pay fee's or had to run for their lives. The Catholic viewpoint was pretty negative for a long *** time, the Spanish and Portuguese were particularly brutal. Eventually it got so bad that the Church declared open season on Jews which caused them to relocate to places where the local population didn't care.

As to why the Jews were so heavily persecuted by the Catholic Church, well the Jewish practice of money lending directly competed with the Church's control of the European economy. The Church used to collect large sums from all the "Good Christian Nations" and then would use that money to influence the various nations into obeying the Church. The Jews would loan money to anyone, for a profit, and didn't recognize the church's "authority in all things".

So yeah for a long time Jewish people were much safer in the Muslim lands then anywhere near a place under the sway of the Catholic Church. Then that all started to change with England's King Henry broke the Church's power.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be Jewish...I'll have to ask Elizabeth Warren for a DNA test...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to go back a long way we all share the same ancestry from Africa...
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My ancestry is German...therefore Hitler is my cousin.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 20:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Most logical people don't kill people (besides self defense). This guy could have killed anyone...
who?
Asura.Saevel said: »

Has to do with churches over a thousand years ago. Both the Catholic and Islamic religions have a very negative view on usury (the practice of lending money for profit). The Islamic viewpoint has swung in different directions depending who was the Caliph, for a long stretch it was considered bragging rights to have a Jewish accountant or financial minister, while other times they were forced to pay fee's or had to run for their lives. The Catholic viewpoint was pretty negative for a long *** time, the Spanish and Portuguese were particularly brutal. Eventually it got so bad that the Church declared open season on Jews which caused them to relocate to places where the local population didn't care.

As to why the Jews were so heavily persecuted by the Catholic Church, well the Jewish practice of money lending directly competed with the Church's control of the European economy. The Church used to collect large sums from all the "Good Christian Nations" and then would use that money to influence the various nations into obeying the Church. The Jews would loan money to anyone, for a profit, and didn't recognize the church's "authority in all things".

So yeah for a long time Jewish people were much safer in the Muslim lands then anywhere near a place under the sway of the Catholic Church. Then that all started to change with England's King Henry broke the Church's power.
interesting... i guess when money is involved, the gloves come off and it’s time for a street brawl? still, this only explains a few scenarios
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Who...that's who !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Some *** killed some Jews now it is Trump's fault. Just like everything else. Trump is why I drink too much.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 20:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear about Donny:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 20:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting... i guess when money is involved, the gloves come off and it’s time for a street brawl? still, this only explains a few scenarios

It makes sense if you remember that the Catholic church worked via it's control over social norms. It wasn't about rationally convincing a bunch of illiterate peasants to hate Jews but emotionally manipulating them into hating all things non-Christian, especially the evil Jewish people who murdered the Lord and Savior. Those beliefs stuck around long after the Church lost it's power and its practically part of European culture now. Hell the entire reason the Jewish state of Israel was created after WWII was so that the European nations didn't have to permanently take in all those Jewish refugees that fled from the Nazi's.

And yes it's all fun and games until money gets involved, then it's a bare knuckled death match. This applies to everything, not just antisemitism.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-30 20:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We set ourselves apart. Therefore we become the other.

In Roman times we were monotheists, and wouldn't bow to the gods of Rome.

in the 8th - 10th ACE centuries we were courted by the Roman church and the descendants of Charmaine. Pay enough, convert, and get a title. Every single royal house of Europe has Jewish blood.

After that, we became the money lenders of the Christian and Moslem worlds. Also the translators. Also the physicians. Also the butchers and tanners.

We are chameleons. We can blend in anywhere but really fit nowhere.

And when convenient, we will always be the other.

"Mighty nations will rise against you. They will become as dust under your heels."

If this is a bit incoherent I am on my third martini.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-30 21:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to argue with that Saevel but not on my third martini.

They NEEDED moneylenders.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 21:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We set ourselves apart. Therefore we become the other.

In Roman times we were monotheists, and wouldn't bow to the gods of Rome.

in the 8th - 10th ACE centuries we were courted by the Roman church and the descendants of Charmaine. Pay enough, convert, and get a title. Every single royal house of Europe has Jewish blood.

After that, we became the money lenders of the Christian and Moslem worlds. Also the translators. Also the physicians. Also the butchers and tanners.

We are chameleons. We can blend in anywhere but really fit nowhere.

And when convenient, we will always be the other.

"Mighty nations will rise against you. They will become as dust under your heels."

If this is a bit incoherent I am on my third martini.

Only 3...I'm disappointed !

I don't do anything Jewish besides bagels and watch Seinfeld.
By fonewear 2018-10-30 21:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seinfeld might as well be a documentary on Jewish tradition.
By fonewear 2018-10-30 21:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2018-10-30 21:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This concludes my extensive knowledge of Jews

By fonewear 2018-10-30 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-30 22:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you instantly removed all undocumented aliens from the USA our farming sector would collapse.

no but prices would go up.

wasn't it Reagan that publicly wrote off the jewish vote?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 23:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-30 23:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seinfeld might as well be a documentary on Jewish tradition.

a festivus for the rest of us
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-31 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to argue with that Saevel but not on my third martini.

They NEEDED moneylenders.

Yes and when they became inconvenient they were persecuted as evil "others". Jewish people became inconvenient when they became wealthy, successful, and too influential. Why pay back debts when you can just kill or drive away the lenders. The Muslims were pretty decent until one of their Caliphs decided to purge all unbelievers.

Forcing someone to convert is persecution.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-31 02:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wad thinking of making Challah bread tomorrow... for Challahween
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 131 132 133