Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 131 132 133
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-29 16:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
And Dr. Julius Hibbert!
And Bumblebee man!

Ay! Las naranjas en la cavesa!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2018-10-29 16:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
And Dr. Julius Hibbert!
And Bumblebee man!

Don't get rid of Bumblebee Man, my Mexican neighbors think he's a great tribute to Roberto Bolanos.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-29 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

By Zerowone 2018-10-29 17:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-29 17:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Homer, Lisa, Maggie, and Marge are also stereotypes...
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-29 17:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Bart
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-29 18:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
And Dr. Julius Hibbert!
And Bumblebee man!

Don't get rid of Bumblebee Man, my Mexican neighbors think he's a great tribute to Roberto Bolanos.

Before the Simpsons I thought all Mexicans were bumblebees !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-29 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
And Dr. Julius Hibbert!
And Bumblebee man!

Pictured: A typical Mexican family.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-29 18:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only Mexicans I know:

By fonewear 2018-10-29 18:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And Dr. Julius Hibbert!
And Bumblebee man!

Pictured: A typical Mexican family.

Want to waste 50 plus mins...the entire Bee Movie read to you !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-10-29 18:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bee Movie in morse code:

[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-29 19:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rasmussen has black approval at 40%!
By Zerowone 2018-10-29 19:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn’t this Bee Spanish Morse Code?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-29 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bee Movie in morse code:

Only seven and a half hours? SIGN ME UP.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-29 20:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bee Movie in morse code:

Only seven and a half hours? SIGN ME UP.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-29 21:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's wrong and I don't personally hate anyone but that picture always makes me laugh.
By Nausi 2018-10-30 06:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stereotypical humor is funny.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-30 07:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So President Trump plans on enacting a executive order to end birthright citizenship while a law is written. I must say I agree with this move. Just because you came here illegally and had a baby does not mean you are above the law.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 07:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
So President Trump plans on enacting a executive order to end birthright citizenship while a law is written. I must say I agree with this move. Just because you came here illegally and had a baby does not mean you are above the law.

Problem is the 14th Amendment is pretty clear on the issue. It was a requirement because many of the original colonists were not born in the British colonies and until very recently were subjects of the crown. The 14th was a way of normalizing and legitimizing the citizenship in the newly formed country, hence the mentioning of the whole state citizenship thing. There is no mere law much less an executive order that will change a Constitutional amendment.

That being said, the entire reason people rush to have anchor babies it that they can then use their relationship to that baby to expatiate and virtually ensure their own legal status. I recently went through the US immigration system and they have a bunch of loopholes and special considerations for whats known as an "immediate relative" of a petitioner. Closing those loopholes and creating a "the baby can stay there if you want, but you can't and have a 10 year bar" policy would greatly reduce the number of anchor babies produced. The parent has two choices, be deported with their anchor baby never to return, or be deported and give up their parental rights so their baby can stay in the US as a foster child or be adopted.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-30 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it was a move to trick the Left into being strict constitutionalists all of a sudden.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
subjects of the crown.
Random, but I wasn't born a *** subject of any crown, I ain't gonna die a subject of any crown!

Yah I see reasoning behind the move, I don't agree with it, but I see why. I wonder if this will effect the Russian ladies that comere to give birth.

Maybe it was a move to trick the Left into being strict constitutionalists all of a sudden.
Yah, god forbid they agree with the constitution to basically just disagree with Trump. LOL.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-30 08:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't think he's going to go through with the order anyway. It sounds like midtern election red meat to me. He's doing his usual best to stay at the top of news feeds. The bait is strong with that one.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 08:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

subjects of the crown.
Random, but I wasn't born a *** subject of any crown, I ain't gonna die a subject of any crown!

Yah I see reasoning behind the move, I don't agree with it, but I see why. I wonder if this will effect the Russian ladies that comere to give birth.

Yah, god forbid they agree with the constitution to basically just disagree with Trump. LOL.

George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin and all their ilk were born subjects of the crown. None of the founding fathers much less the colonists were born here nor did any of them process through immigration. The indigenous people didn't really want them there, so in modern terms they would be considered invaders. After the revolutionary war there was a big stink on exactly who was and wasn't a citizen and who could and couldn't vote in various elections both state and federal. The 14th answered that question and spelled it out.

To change that would require a Constitutional amendment, the same thing the leftists want to ban firearms.

That is epic trolling cause it's forcing the leftists to use the same logic the pro-gun crowd use's, that the Constitution spells it out. Only Trump could get hard line global-citizen leftists to inadvertently support gun rights.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 08:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the most important election ever...until 2020...then that is the most important election ever !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 08:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also before I forget all Mexican people love Taco Bell
By fonewear 2018-10-30 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy could sell anything hell I don't even like Coors but I'll buy one now:

By fonewear 2018-10-30 08:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Problem is the 14th Amendment is pretty clear on the issue. It was a requirement because many of the original colonists were not born in the British colonies and until very recently were subjects of the crown. The 14th was a way of normalizing and legitimizing the citizenship in the newly formed country, hence the mentioning of the whole state citizenship thing. There is no mere law much less an executive order that will change a Constitutional amendment.

That being said, the entire reason people rush to have anchor babies it that they can then use their relationship to that baby to expatiate and virtually ensure their own legal status. I recently went through the US immigration system and they have a bunch of loopholes and special considerations for whats known as an "immediate relative" of a petitioner. Closing those loopholes and creating a "the baby can stay there if you want, but you can't and have a 10 year bar" policy would greatly reduce the number of anchor babies produced. The parent has two choices, be deported with their anchor baby never to return, or be deported and give up their parental rights so their baby can stay in the US as a foster child or be adopted.

When you say anchor babies I envision literal anchor babies...used to keep ships from floating away !
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 09:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

iteral anchor babies...used to keep ships from floating away !
SAY NO MORE FAM!

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 131 132 133