Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 131 132 133
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-24 16:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Goodnight yall, hope everyone here has a good night. Yes everyone!

Vic, I'm rooting for the Red Sox, because I don't like California, especially LA. lol.

Seems I'd rather cheer on gawd damn yankees than west coasters. XD
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-24 16:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kershaw deserves to keep losing, forever!
By fonewear 2018-10-24 16:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Want LA to win because they are the underdog. But Boston looks like they will win easily.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-24 17:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You need to read my posts on this Skull. I will mention, for the third time, Washington Initiative 1639.
Chanti, I want to be sorry, but I will say this with an attitude, so I guess I am not sorry, banning rifle sales until 21 is stupid....
Its just semi auto rifles. I think, could be semi auto handguns too its a bit unclear. BTW I had a bolt action .22 when I was 12.

Quote:
Yes, have modern sporting rifles, which are semi-automatic, been used in high profile killings? Yes, but marginally. There are more attacks with handguns than long guns. Handguns are already at a 21 year old purchase law. What the *** is that going to do to the actual problem?
It also mandates safe storage. But the actual problem is people and attitudes.

Quote:
What was the point of the Ballotpedia link? For the definition?
Yes.

Quote:
It does not answer what "a military style assault weapon" is though.
It gives a clear definition. I might not agree with it, but it proves that some antis listen to the pro arguments.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-24 17:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Want LA to win because they are the underdog. But Boston looks like they will win easily.
I still haven't forgiven the Dodgers for abandoning Brooklyn.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-24 17:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Clock in the cnn bomb doesn’t appear to have an alarm function.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPGFBXL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LCp0Bb52BV2ZR
By Nausi 2018-10-24 18:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the odd that within 48 hrs someones going to conclude these were jox devices incapable of harming anyone?
By Nausi 2018-10-24 18:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton 2 weeks ago: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for"

Clinton today: "It's a time of deep division and we have to do everything we can to bring our country together"
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-24 19:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an article that claimed that this one started because of one person's post or broadcast with spurious claims of food and support for all who would attempt it. I cannot find the article today though and disremember if it was on news or social media.

it was me three pages ago grandma!

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I thought this story about the caravan was interesting....

daily beast story

and it's a little bit more believable than cj's conspiracy theories about gop nazis
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-24 19:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When the bombs were mailed to CNN this song played:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-24 19:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't forgiven the Dodgers for abandoning Brooklyn.

Now it is filled with ironic mustaches and hipsters galore !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-24 19:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2018-10-24 20:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere Vic is using witchcraft on a Republican:
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nausi 2018-10-24 21:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

6 bombs, and none went off... none. How many need to be found that don’t go off before that begins to seem fishy to everyone??
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-24 21:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere Vic is using witchcraft on THE DODGERS

And it worked! Collapsing.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-25 07:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
So, the big list of attempted bombing victims so far: Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Barak Obama, Eric Holder, CNN's offices, John Brennan, Maxine Waters (2 bombs, 1 in California and 1 in D.C), Robert De Niro. All the bombs are packaged and constructed the exact same way. Printed address labels stuck on with tape, 6 American flag "forever" stamps, manilla envelope, PVC pipe full of pyrotechnic powder and glass rigged up to a clock which functions as the triggering device.
Good post. I should say, this guy/group fails. Not condoning this, just none of them went off. Which is a GOOD thing, this guy just fails at making them go off, and probably fails at life too, hence why doing stupid ***.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-25 07:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just semi auto rifles. I think, could be semi auto handguns too its a bit unclear. BTW I had a bolt action .22 when I was 12.
Yah I just don't think it will solve the issue at large, just a VERY small percentage of it, maybe. Its like "ohhh my hand is going gangrene, up to my wrist, let me cut off a finger see if that works"

I didn't mean to be hostile, just tired of seeing the scare tactic used to strip people of rights. I also don't like it when Pro Lifers call people baby murders. I don't agree with Pro Lifers nor those tactics.

It also mandates safe storage. But the actual problem is people and attitudes.
I store mine safely, safes and lockers bolted down, when my state doesn't mandate it. I do that already for safety, but it has draw backs. If a burgler got into my house when I was asleep, I'd have to go to them first. Solution, invest in a small safe to keep at nightstand area.

Funny thing, my state keeps trying to pass a law to make gun safes and gun lockers tax free, under $500. It's an attempt to incentivise good storage. Democrats in my state always vote against it. Makes me wonder if they really care about safety of people that exercise their right or just hate them all and would want them banned all together.

It gives a clear definition. I might not agree with it, but it proves that some antis listen to the pro arguments.
Yes it's clear answer. They are specific, but they should drop the word "assault" from it and say what they really mean, a semi-autmatic long gun ban. Assault puts a bias on it saying it's only used to attack. It can be used to defend as well. Could say a Semi auto defense rifle would work too, but even people defending themselves would still have to assault with a counter attack. It's terrible and shouldn't have a verb on it. Semi-auto rifle ban. That's what they should name it. They probably could still win getting the proposal through if enough sheep don't think about it.

but mostly, I was wondering if Vic had an answer to what he meant by "military style assault weapon" =/

Good chat, I apologize if I came out too harsh and offended you. Was not my intent.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-25 07:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
So, the big list of attempted bombing victims so far: Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Barak Obama, Eric Holder, CNN's offices, John Brennan, Maxine Waters (2 bombs, 1 in California and 1 in D.C), Robert De Niro. All the bombs are packaged and constructed the exact same way. Printed address labels stuck on with tape, 6 American flag "forever" stamps, manilla envelope, PVC pipe full of pyrotechnic powder and glass rigged up to a clock which functions as the triggering device.
Good post. I should say, this guy/group fails. Not condoning this, just none of them went off. Which is a GOOD thing, this guy just fails at making them go off, and probably fails at life too, hence why doing stupid ***.
Correction: None of them have gone off SO FAR. We still don't know how many more are floating around out there or how many might be duds like the ones that have shown up in the past 24 hours.
I stand corrected, none gone off so far, still a loser this guy/gal/group of people.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2018-10-25 08:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The clock had no alarm function and the contents of the “bombs” are unconfirmed

Was 6/6 failures intentional? If so who does that benefit?

Certainly has perceived value in terms of media narrative.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-25 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Give this a few days Trump will point out how conservatives are the inly ones denoucing all this political violence, while democrats are only condemning violence against them.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-10-25 08:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No one finds it odd that all the bombs aren't exploded sorta like this was planned to happen...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-25 08:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't exploding *
By fonewear 2018-10-25 08:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The bombs really isn't the point it is a political point.
By fonewear 2018-10-25 08:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

really aren't *
By fonewear 2018-10-25 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a political stunt made to look Trump bad before the election.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-25 09:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The party that fabricated kavanaugh leading a fake high-school rape gang, is certainly capable of crafting a fake bomb scare.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 131 132 133