Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 131 132 133
By fonewear 2018-10-23 11:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I think it's time out time in the kindergarten corner...

Ima grab a juicebox and a square of carpet and catch a few winks.

Tell us a story foney

My story begins in 19 dickety two we had to use the word dickety cause the kaiser had stolen our word twenty...anyways...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently in timeout but I don't remember why...so I'll just sit here in the corner.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
The Southern Strategy: Wikipedia
Quote:
In American politics, the Southern Strategy refers to a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party.[4] It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

The "Southern Strategy" refers primarily to "top down" narratives of the political realignment of the South which suggest that Republican leaders consciously appealed to many white Southerners' racial grievances in order to gain their support.[5] This top-down narrative of the Southern Strategy is generally believed to be the primary force that transformed Southern politics following the civil rights era.[6][7] This view has been questioned by historians such as Matthew Lassiter, Kevin M. Kruse and Joseph Crespino, who have presented an alternative, "bottom up" narrative, which Lassiter has called the "suburban strategy". This narrative recognizes the centrality of racial backlash to the political realignment of the South,[8] but suggests that this backlash took the form of a defense of de facto segregation in the suburbs rather than overt resistance to racial integration and that the story of this backlash is a national rather than a strictly Southern one.[9][10][11][12]

The perception that the Republican Party had served as the "vehicle of white supremacy in the South", particularly during the Goldwater campaign and the presidential elections of 1968 and 1972, made it difficult for the Republican Party to win back the support of black voters in the South in later years.[4] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.[13][14]
Elements of the Klan continue to operate within the so-called "party of Lincoln" even now. If Lincoln were alive, he'd be a Democrat.

Nazi Runs for Senate in Illinois: Politico
Quote:
CHICAGO — Illinois Republicans botched four opportunities to stop an avowed Nazi from representing their party in a Chicago-area congressional district. Now they’re paying the price.

Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier who will appear on the November ballot as the GOP candidate against Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski, has become campaign fodder for Democrats as they seek to defeat Gov. Bruce Rauner. And some Republicans even fear the taint from Jones‘ extremist views poses a threat to the party up and down the ticket.

“First, it’s morally wrong and I think it’s really harmful to the party. The guy’s a complete nutcase. He’s a Nazi,” said conservative GOP state Rep. David McSweeney. “This is an absolute political disaster.”

McSweeney’s comments come just days after the filing deadline passed for qualifying a third-party candidate for the general election — which could have provided a safe harbor for Illinois Republican votes. Prior to that, the party had also failed to recruit a candidate to challenge Jones in the primary election, failed to knock him off the primary ballot and wasn’t able to field a write-in candidate against him in the primary.

Running a third-party candidate against Jones in November was among the options left to Illinois Republicans after Jones clinched the GOP nomination by running unopposed. But the deadline came and went this week and that didn’t happen either.

I'm a CJ denier I deny everything you post !
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-23 11:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

STOP *** BRINGING IT UP WHEN REPLYING TO ME! They don't need that attention. I don't need to DEFEND them cause I don't SUPPORT THEM. I am not walking into that Trap!

I don't want that horde of immigrants here!

Speaking of traps....
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 11:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I support single moms mostly by going to the strip club. They work there *** off for those dollars. Hell Stardust told me last week she is working on her dissertation of quantum physics. Soon as she gets a new boob job !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 11:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

work their *
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-23 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I am not walking into that Trap!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-23 12:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I support single moms by going to the strip club.

but... what about the ugly single moms who let themselves go?
By fonewear 2018-10-23 12:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They are the bouncers at the strip club !
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-23 12:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They are the bouncers at the strip club !
They are the ones behind the fake accounts stroking my ego on Instagram.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 12:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the last time I went to the strip club the girl was bitching about the air conditioner...I guess I shouldn't have dressed up like the air conductioner repairman !
By fonewear 2018-10-23 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

conditioner *
By fonewear 2018-10-23 12:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The trick with BBW and the like is to prove you don't have a fat fetish...you have to be sincere...and that is all I know about heavy money...that and keep chocolate around. They love chocolate !
By fonewear 2018-10-23 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

heavy women* Damn keyboard was hacked by the Russians.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-23 12:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

no those are all men...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-23 12:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

no those are all men...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-23 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
mama says Republicans are teh debil...

that's great kid... I'm sure there aren't any *** in whatever imaginary party you pretend to be in....

thanks for stopping by.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-23 12:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

no those are all men...
Hence the trap theme of today's posts.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-23 14:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this story about the caravan was interesting....

daily beast story

and it's a little bit more believable than cj's conspiracy theories about gop nazis
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-23 14:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this story about the caravan was interesting....

daily beast story

and it's a little bit more believable than cj's conspiracy theories about gop nazis
It was interesting. One thing to note, they said Honduras was spending lots on Social Programs, but was not really having an effect.
By Nausi 2018-10-23 15:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

STOP *** BRINGING IT UP WHEN REPLYING TO ME! They don't need that attention. I don't need to DEFEND them cause I don't SUPPORT THEM. I am not walking into that Trap!

I don't want that horde of immigrants here!

Speaking of traps....
Libs fiunded the klan after Lincoln freed the slaves. They are and always will be the party of racism.
By fonewear 2018-10-23 16:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans along with the RAND corporation are taking part in an evil plot to piss CJ off...and it is working !
By fonewear 2018-10-23 16:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think of this scene when CJ posts:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 17:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Me rambling:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-23 17:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply