Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 131 132 133
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-04 13:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Even Trump was on WWF so you know it was legit.

idk :\
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Who we should get as a Judge.

[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-04 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst Halloween costumes ever:

This handmaiden *** really is the pinicle of absurdity.

If you dont let us murder our unborn, we’re no different than slaves.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 13:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbf, no politician wants to ban abortion, the numbers of illegitimate children would skyrocket.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-04 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
100,000 U.S. Christian Churches Demand Withdrawal of Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Nomination
Fortune

Quote:
A group representing 100,000 congregations and 45 million churchgoers across an array of Christian denominations in the U.S. has called for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be withdrawn.

The National Council of Churches statement said, “Judge Kavanaugh exhibited extreme partisan bias and disrespect towards certain members of the committee and thereby demonstrated that he possesses neither the temperament nor the character essential for a member of the highest court in our nation.” The statement also alleged misstatements and “outright falsehoods” in his testimony.

A later addition to the statement, as reported by the Religious News Service, added a call for a full and “unhindered investigation into allegations of sexual assault.”...

Aren't you and others all calling for separation of church and state? Now you want church to intervene in government and dictate who is appointed where?

Come on libs you cannot have it both ways.

They only want power. Whatever way they can get it is a-ok with them.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
This is both sides.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 13:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They only want power.

Be nice if the Senate doesn't flip. Or lands 50/50.

One thing for certain, lets pray I never get that power.
By Nausi 2018-10-04 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
100,000 U.S. Christian Churches Demand Withdrawal of Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Nomination
Fortune

Quote:
A group representing 100,000 congregations and 45 million churchgoers across an array of Christian denominations in the U.S. has called for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be withdrawn.

The National Council of Churches statement said, “Judge Kavanaugh exhibited extreme partisan bias and disrespect towards certain members of the committee and thereby demonstrated that he possesses neither the temperament nor the character essential for a member of the highest court in our nation.” The statement also alleged misstatements and “outright falsehoods” in his testimony.

A later addition to the statement, as reported by the Religious News Service, added a call for a full and “unhindered investigation into allegations of sexual assault.”...

Aren't you and others all calling for separation of church and state? Now you want church to intervene in government and dictate who is appointed where?

Come on libs you cannot have it both ways.

Anna Ruthven said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
So put yourself in his seat, don't you think you'd be pissed about such allegations ONLY now showing up at the Cusp of your elevation to SCJ?
In his accusations, he was accused of being violent and belligerent, his actions during the hearing didn't help disprove them.

Lol, someone ever legitimately accuses me of being a serial gang rapist in front of my family, they’ll be lucky if they have any teeth afterwards.

The expectation that men are unfit because they get angry at false allegations, especially false allegations of rape, is just crazy man. I mean how cucked can you get?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-04 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So put yourself in his seat, don't you think you'd be pissed about such allegations ONLY now showing up at the Cusp of your elevation to SCJ?
In his accusations, he was accused of being violent and belligerent, his actions during the hearing didn't help disprove them.
Seen't much worse. Again, anger at his life being rocked by something he says is not true, is understandable.

Not like he was pissed the entire time. Or did I miss his hours of going on yelling at Senators? I saw him respectful at times. Democratic Senators behaved worse than he.
He was cordial with Republicans but disrespectful and arrogant towards the Democrats. In other words, he was disrespectful towards those he was trying to prove himself to.

By that I don't exclusively mean proving his innocence, he also needed to prove he was fit for the job, he failed to do so and I stead acted with partisanship, belligerence, disrespect, and arrogance.

The look on his face at some points reminded me of the typical spoiled fat kid that just about every live action kids movie has.

He has been a judge for many years you don't find it a little odd...that all of the sudden when he is about to be confirmed...all these accusations come about ? Or are you that naive ?
I don't really keep up with my ex from high school, but if she were nominated for the supreme court, I'd recognize her on TV and I'd want people to know that she isn't intelligent enough for the job.
Would you have any evidence to corroborate your claims? Would you expect people to believe you without any?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-04 13:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

The right never did anything like this to Obama’s nominees.

You’re wrong, and you lack the benefit of perspective.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

Merrick Garland.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 13:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

Merrick Garland.
Simple denial of consideration is nothing like coming out and smearing a man's name just cause they don't like him.

But I do agree, both sides play the game.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

Merrick Garland.
Simple denial of consideration is nothing like coming out and smearing a man's name just cause they don't like him.

But I do agree, both sides play the game.
There was actual reasoning behind Kavanaugh's issue, Garland's was purely political, in other words; for power.

I don't know who exactly leaked the accusations though.
By Zerowone 2018-10-04 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

https://globalnews.ca/news/4515734/canada-world-trade-organization-meeting-u-s-invite/

Damn Canada tell US how you really feel!
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There was actual reasoning behind Kavanaugh's issue, Garland's was purely political, in other words; for power.

Full Southern Accent:
I agree that Garland was purely political, I don't agree with this NOT being a stunt from the Democrats. If they wanted it to not be political, they should have investigated it correctly not wait to the 11th hour.

Those allegations of Dr Ford's are serious and they should have been investigated the NEXT DAY that the Senator received them. It could have been investigated PRIVATELY and THOROUGHLY. And now we don't get that since it was held back, for what can only be now seen as a political ploy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd read it, but I don't want to get annoyed and dig up "War Plan Red" and send to my Senator to deal with this uprising.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Southern Accent:
I agree that Garland was purely political, I don't agree with this NOT being a stunt from the Democrats. If they wanted it to not be political, they should have investigated it correctly not wait to the 11th hour.

Those allegations of Dr Ford's are serious and they should have been investigated the NEXT DAY that the Senator received them. It could have been investigated PRIVATELY and THOROUGHLY. And now we don't get that since it was held back, for what can only be now seen as a political ploy.
Could Feinstein have legally done that though? If Ford wanted anonymity, wouldn't contact information need to be redacted?
By Nausi 2018-10-04 14:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

Merrick Garland.
When did republicans coordinate false allegations of rape against Garland?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-04 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of precedent on not voting for a SJC nomination in the last year of a presidency when different parties control he wh and senate.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I see how and why the right would think of this as a political stunt, but think about if everything was the same except Feinstein was a republican. Would Republicans be saying the same? Obviously Dems would accuse her of a cover up.

In such a case, the Republicans would simply accept Feinstein's explanation, their complaints about her explanation is also political.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is both sides.

Merrick Garland.
When did republicans coordinate false allegations of rape against Garland?
Back read, keep up.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Southern Accent:

Could Feinstein have legally done that though? If Ford wanted anonymity, wouldn't contact information need to be redacted?
Senator Grassly said it could have been done. I know hindsight is 20/20, I believe even if Feinstein gotten in any trouble for it, would have been better than this. =(
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A Canadian is owning you guys on American politics.
By Viciouss 2018-10-04 14:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of precedent on not voting for a SJC nomination in the last year of a presidency when different parties control he wh and senate.

Nice lie, it had never happened before.
By Viciouss 2018-10-04 14:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why Canada refused to give up on chapter 19 of nafta, it was a big loss for Trump. Its his own fault for not being trustworthy.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Southern Accent:

Senator Grassly said it could have been done. I know hindsight is 20/20, I believe even if Feinstein gotten in any trouble for it, would have been better than this. =(
I dunno, honestly we can't control what could have been, we can only control what will be. That said, hypocrisy is still a thing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Everyone is fully aware it's a "stunt" made by the democrats, BUT ... it doesn't mean the allegations are false or should be ignored because they used it as a stunt, also let's not kid ourselves thinking the GOP wouldn't have rushed the confirmation process or controlled the scope of the investigation if they did bring that information up day 1.

Both parties want power and will act like scumbags to have it.
Yep they are very serious. And should have been looked into at a more proper time. Wether that's 30 years ago or July 31st, the day after Feinstein got the letter.

And you right, GOP wouldn't have not rushed it out too. But had they, it'd look worse on them. The anger to the Democratic Senator NOW would not exist.

Amen to both sides being Scumbags.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Nice lie, it had never happened before.
Not to point fingers or doubt, but can you prove it hasn't? And can Nausi prove it has?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 131 132 133