Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 131 132 133
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-12 11:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I can’t think of a worse person than Hillary Clinton for president.
Michael Bloomberg?
By Nausi 2018-11-12 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
You are watching illegal voting happen before your eyes

lol, source? Where is illegal voting happening? You have never had any evidence to support your biggest conspiracy theory, which has pretty much become an outright lie.
~630k votes ok election night. ~710k votes two days later. No explanation offered as to where rhe votes come from, no verification of chain of custody, zero. These votes are illegal and fraudulent.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-12 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, source? Where is illegal voting happening? You have never had any evidence to support your biggest conspiracy theory, which has pretty much become an outright lie.
~630k votes ok election night. ~710k votes two days later. No explanation offered as to where rhe votes come from, no verification of chain of custody, zero. These votes are illegal and fraudulent.

I will post the judicial watch report AND because you libs love snopes, the snopes link to said judicial watch report.

Judicial watch report

Snopes review of judicial watch report
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-12 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For those to lazy to read the meat of the story is California. The following numbers are % of people registered to vote in each of these 11 counties. Mind you, remember from math class totals cannot exceed 100%.

What are the 11 counties being mentioned?

Imperial County (102 percent)
Lassen County (102 percent)
Los Angeles County (112 percent)
Monterey County (104 percent)
San Diego County (138 percent)
San Francisco County (114 percent)
San Mateo County (111 percent)
Santa Cruz County (109 percent)
Solano County (111 percent)
Stanislaus County (102 percent)
Yolo County (110 percent)

Now Vic, your telling me that all these 11 counties that turned over records on voter registration, mind you only 11 turned it over, have higher than 100% voter citizen registration!?!?

Come on bro...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-12 11:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's foreign nationals (most of which are illegals) who have been given "assistance" in registering to vote. When they get a drivers license, the clerk will also register them to vote because in those places they don't request proof of citizenship (birth certificate / passport / naturalization documentation).

Dem's have been doing this for years now, and it's why they go supernova whenever someone talks about requiring proof of citizenship prior to being allowed to vote.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-12 11:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Trump is responsible for the Fires in CA.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/neil-young-blames-apos-called-142200160.html
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-12 11:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
I will post the judicial watch report AND because you libs love snopes, the snopes link to said judicial watch report.
It's not that he loves snopes, he will toss them out the second it disagrees with him, I think he just gets off to going "No u!" to anything contradicting what his CNN whispers in his ears.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-12 11:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Michael Bloomberg?
Idk who he is... I guessing he is bad?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-12 11:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Vic doesn't just insult the other side with every sentence, so there is that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-12 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bloomberg?
Idk who he is... I guessing he is bad?
Likes to pour his own money into Anti-gun groups getting more Gun Control laws passed.

Shure, the man can do what he wants with his own money, long as he don't come after my stuff, but yet he does...
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-11-12 12:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's happening.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-12 12:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/hidesallthegunsanddrugs

what?

we weren't doing anything.

/whistles

>.>

<.<

>.>
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-12 12:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
It's happening.
What’s happening?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-12 12:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
It's happening.
What’s happening?

A mod actually showed up. It's a momentous occasion.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-12 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Trump blamed the fires on mismanagement of the forests, and 40% of California's forests are federally owned while the state manages 1%.

I would, by Trump's reasoning, blame the secretary of the interior, who IS a Trump appointee, so Trump obviously shares some blame.

And then there are the budget cuts to interior....
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-11-12 14:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Well....

hold that thought for just a moment....

Neil Young's house burned down

old man take a look at your own life, you're a lot like you!

OLD!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-12 14:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Trump blamed the fires on mismanagement of the forests, and 40% of California's forests are federally owned while the state manages 1%.

I would, by Trump's reasoning, blame the secretary of the interior, who IS a Trump appointee, so Trump obviously shares some blame.

They are largely the result of mismanagement, though it's the draconian local laws that do the most harm.

California's forests were evolved to have several naturally occurring small burns every year that would clear away the low brush while not doing much damage to the older trees. That's been stopped and now what's happening is there aren't any small burns which cause's the underbrush to build up over time until during a dry season it catches fire and creates a huge blaze that destroys everything.

The solution is to have several controlled burns prior to the dry season to clear away underbrush and breakup the large forests. That's currently illegal in CA, so yeah their just sitting on a powder keg waiting for it to catch fire.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-12 14:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Judicial watch report

Lol, thanks for posting the snopes article that debunked the judicial watch report point by point so I dont have to. But Ill summarize since its obvious so many people didnt read it:
Easily explaining why there are more people registered than people living in said county: Active duty military, students, and the deceased. And done!

Also, once again you are clawing at registration fraud at worst, not ballot fraud.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-12 14:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean to say that California has many regulations that do more harm than good? I never would have guessed.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-12 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Judicial watch report

Lol, thanks for posting the snopes article that debunked the judicial watch report point by point so I dont have to. But Ill summarize since its obvious so many people didnt read it:
Easily explaining why there are more people registered than people living in said county: Active duty military, students, and the deceased. And done!

Also, once again you are clawing at registration fraud at worst, not ballot fraud.

How you figure? Although some embellishment its mostly true even on politifact.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-12 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Threatening to cut funding to combat the fires was pretty stupid. Also, why did the NBA play an actual game in Sacramento when the area was full of smoke? Thats Roger Goodell like.
By Viciouss 2018-11-12 14:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Judicial watch report

How you figure? Although some embellishment its mostly true even on politifact.

Maybe next time read the actual articles you link.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-12 14:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

They are largely the result of mismanagement, though it's the draconian local laws that do the most harm.

California's forests were evolved to have several naturally occurring small burns every year that would clear away the low brush while not doing much damage to the older trees. That's been stopped and now what's happening is there aren't any small burns which cause's the underbrush to build up over time until during a dry season it catches fire and creates a huge blaze that destroys everything.

The solution is to have several controlled burns prior to the dry season to clear away underbrush and breakup the large forests. That's currently illegal in CA, so yeah their just sitting on a powder keg waiting for it to catch fire.
OK, I am going to get real here rather than snarky.

Six months with no rain.

There are no forests near Malibu.

High winds.

But they do admit that there haven't been enough controlled burns which, BTW, are not illegal and are being done.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-12 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You mean to say that California has many regulations that do more harm than good? I never would have guessed.

It's not just California, Obama did a bunch of crazy ***regarding Federal land management. Trumps been rolling lots of that stuff back but it's going to be awhile, states like California passing laws to attempt to codify Obama policies doesn't help the matter.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-12 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But they do admit that there haven't been enough controlled burns which, BTW, are not illegal and are being done.

They are illegal. In order to have a controlled burn you need mountains of paperwork done a year in advance subject to a labyrinthine approvals process.

California has always had a forest fire problem, it's how the land there evolved. What's gotta worse is the state has become more and more bureaucratic with it's land management. All bureaucratic systems are slow, inefficient and devolve into internal politics over which department head runs what. Just see the water situation for a really good example of how that plays out on a macro scale.

This isn't so much a California thing as a big government in general thing. All big government systems suffer from this problem, which is why as few of them as possible should exist.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-12 14:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know Trump controls the fire...wind water and...heart !

Go planet !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-12 15:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that damn global warming...boy I tell ya hwat back in my day we didn't have forest fires...the air was crisp and cool...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-12 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when Obama was in office and he literally put them out with his cool disposition !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-12 15:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We didn't star the fire...it was always burning...since the world was turning.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 131 132 133