Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 131 132 133

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 21:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You know CJ is right about this.

/shocked
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 22:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Yep. According to a quick Google search that took all of two seconds, it's true. The AG IS a principal officer, much like say, for example, the Secretary of Education (currently Betsy Devos) is. Devos had to be confirmed by the Senate. Right now, the Senate is in RECESS IN ABSENTIA. One member gavels in, calls it to order, and gavels out for official recordkeeping purposes, but until after Thanksgiving, they are NOT back in business mode. After Thanksgiving, they have a scant two weeks window to conduct any business that needs to get done before Christmas. The week of Christmas, they ADJOURN.
The current congress adjourns. Both the house and the senate. Then the new congress convenes in January, and you can bet your *** if the current senate pulls it's head out of it's collective bunch of ***, the next AG, since it MUST BE A DEPUTY BEING ELEVATED, will be Rod Rosenstein and not Whittaker. Rosenstein knows better than to lay a finger on Mueller while he's conducting his investigation. He knows to make a move on him before he releases his findings will lead to a congress-appointed special prosecutor, much like Paula Jones and Leonidas "Leon" Jaworski.

Two weeks from now no one will remember this post.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 22:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't someone please think of the two week recess. ***back in the day as a kid. I'd kill for a two week recess !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-09 07:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
You know CJ is right about this.

/shocked

Huh.... he he's not...

The President has the Constitutionally granted right to nominate whomever he damn well pleases for those positions, the Senate then either agrees or disagrees, and that's it. President Trump could nominate Mickey Mouse for the position and Congress would either have to agree, disagree or most likely just sit on their ***.

Recess appoints are temporary appointments meant to fill a position while Congress is out and then again Congress either agree's, disagree's or sits on their ***. The only thing different about this process is that if the Senate sits on their *** then the temporary appointment continues in their roll until the Senate gets off their ***.

The President has the authority to boot anyone within the Executive, that's what being head of the Executive means. He doesn't need Congressional approval to execute his Constitutionally granted powers.

This all just goes to show that Rosenstein was the Democrats inside guy all along, the fail safe plan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-09 08:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nobody is mad that Trump fired Sessions

Except these guys.

And these guys.

And maybe these guys too.

Don't forget these guys over here.

I think you get the point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-09 08:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa Rav, be careful, you have a strong point and links. Vic doesn't like those even when he cries for them.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-09 09:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

By eliroo 2018-11-09 11:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine living in 2018 USA where your White house spreads a shame campaign about a reporter.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-09 12:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Imagine living in 2018 USA where your White house spreads a shame campaign about kicks out a troll reporter.
Fixed that, and it's about time he's kicked out. So I'm not imagining it, living it. =)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-09 15:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a great weekend you fun people!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-11-09 15:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

he probably colluded with them too
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-09 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-09 17:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti, take notes. That's what a funny political cartoon actually looks like.
By fonewear 2018-11-10 10:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Most political cartoons are terrible I'll look for examples.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-10 10:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I don't feel like doing that right now...but most have no artistic ability and can't even draw Trump accurately...
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-10 14:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 2000 all over again in Florida as they head to a recount in the Governor and Senate races, Trump is blowing a gasket over it, but all he can do is watch along with the rest of us.

Things are calmer in Arizona as they continue to count with an abacus, the Democrat has a 20k vote lead with hundreds of thousands still out. The Dems have a chance to end up with 49 senate seats when this is all over, which would be remarkable given the map they were facing.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-10 15:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Florida orders vote recount in Senate, governor races
Reuters on CNBC
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-10 15:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every other county turned in votes just fine, the hyper liberal counties somehow kept "finding" Democrat votes and refused to provide status reports or estimations of completion as they were doing so.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-10 19:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure AL Gore will win this time.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-10 19:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 2018 why do we still have recounts...no wonder people don't vote.
By fonewear 2018-11-10 19:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't consider myself political...however I vote against liberals.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-10 19:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Savel, look at the population of those counties. They are the most populated in the state. Therefore more votes to count.

And absentee ballots postmarked on or before election day do not all get delivered on election day itself. Not to mention provisional ballots which have to be checked out and confirmed or denied.

If the margin were not close, winners would have been declared, but the counties would STILL be "finding" and counting those ballots anyway.

But never fret, our president will soon declare that he will be singing an executive order making voting democrat illegal anytimerealsoonnow.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-10 20:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Already a story out of Floria about dem lawyers challenging ballots being throw out due to voter being non-citizen. Saw it earlier on fox news site. I know its fox but its hard to say fake when there is a court reporter.

story if ya care
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-10 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again Broward County is in the center of the mess in Florida, seems like every election they have issues and they just can't resolve them. Whatever the result is will surely be challenged in the courts by both sides.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-10 21:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Broward and Dade are the most liberal counties in FL. Also the most populated.

Therefore the vote counting MUST BE STOPPED WHILE THE REPUBLICANS ARE LEADING.

But since it isn't about a president, the Supremes will not stop the ballot counting.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-10 22:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha it's not about them being late reporting, it's the lack of communication and them being secretive about it. And yes illegals voting is a thing where Democrats run the voting centers.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-11 05:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How is such blatant and obvious vote *** not ending in legal consequences of some kind? how is trying to seize control of the US illegally not an act of war against the US? I would say it at least borderlines an act of treason... especially with this Russia business
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-11 07:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
How is such blatant and obvious vote *** not ending in legal consequences of some kind? how is trying to seize control of the US illegally not an act of war against the US? I would say it at least borderlines an act of treason... especially with this Russia business

Well like that article I posted says. Going through votes and a non-citizen voted. Pretty clear cut, you throw that one out. dem lawyers challenge it being throw out?!?!

Hello bro. Voter was not a citizen they cannot vote. Dem lawyer argument was everyone gets a vote!?!?

Like do not even try to hide the illegal action.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 131 132 133