Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 131 132 133
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-10-01 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
We're all about empowering minorities to speak their minds... unless they stray from their preappointed course as Democrat voters. Then you mock and boo the crap out of them.
There's nothing about promoting free expression that requires anyone to agree with whatever *** Kanye comes up with.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If Thomas can get confirmed I feel Kav is gonna be ok.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
We're all about empowering minorities to speak their minds... unless they stray from their preappointed course as Democrat voters. Then you mock and boo the crap out of them.
There's nothing about promoting free expression that requires anyone to agree with whatever *** Kanye comes up with.

I'm sitting here laughing, like no joke.

Kapernick speaks any ***he wants and the left hails him as a genius.

Kanye speaks any ***he wants, but it does not agree with left narrative, and its ***.

Hypocrisy says hi.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-01 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The Kardashians are all attention ***, here to entertain and nothing more.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 14:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

And was Kap not a sports entertainer?
By Zerowone 2018-10-01 14:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Kanye speaks any ***he wants, but it does not agree with left narrative, and its ***.

Hypocrisy says hi.

One wanted to bring attention to the ethnic disparity in the victims of police brutality the other wants to abolish the abolishment of slavery.

Totally can’t see why anyone would favor Kap over Ye’.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 14:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As I read, Kanye had to clarify it to do with the Justice System as well.

Kanye has a terrible habit of just spitting out verbal diarrhea, not articulating it well, and well, the ***going the way it does.

Something something no one reads clarifications and redaction. =)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-10-01 14:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrisy says hi.
Like, que?

I can agree with something one person says while disagreeing with another. Is it "hypocrisy" because they're both black?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 14:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to split hairs, but IS Kaep black? According to the Wiki, only says his biological mother is white.

I could look up Kanye but I don't think there is doubt there.
By Zerowone 2018-10-01 14:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Not to split hairs, but IS Kaep black? According to the Wiki, only says his biological mother is white.

He’s of mixed descent. He’s also adopted.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

He’s of mixed descent. He’s also adopted.
I know he's adopted. Why I added biological mother. I am just trying to counter or clarify the question "both being black"

I'd say, they're both NOT The Anglo-Saxon-Norman-Franc (anything but the Iberian Peninsula) white.
By Zerowone 2018-10-01 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As I read, Kanye had to clarify it to do with the Justice System as well.

Kanye has a terrible habit of just spitting out verbal diarrhea, not articulating it well, and well, the ***going the way it does.

Something something no one reads clarifications and redaction. =)

Something something his clarification was verbal diarrhea.
Here’s a clip:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 14:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Something something his clarification was verbal diarrhea.
I'll have to watch when I get home or something.

I remember the last time, when he was on TMZ and said "Slavery didn't exist" was blown way out of proportion, and with typical Kanye's poor articulation.

I only heard/read a snippet he clarified his 13th Amendment remark in regards to Justice System. So I shall wait to retort to that.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-01 14:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
The only update is the WH is picking and choosing who the FBI can and cant interview. Saevel still has no idea what the swing votes will do nor how they will react to an incomplete investigation.
They are also limiting what questions can be asked.

As a for instance, Judge cannot be asked about his employment history, a question that might possibly narrow the date of the party.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-01 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If Thomas can get confirmed I feel Kav is gonna be ok.
Especially as several senators who ignored Anita Hill are still in the senate and on the committee.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-01 15:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
If Kav gets confirmed, I wouldn't hold my breath that it'd take long for him to *** up in office and try to rape an intern.
/facepalm
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Especially as several senators who ignored Anita Hill are still in the senate and on the committee.
More reason for why I say they been in this for too long.

If Kav gets confirmed, I wouldn't hold my breath that it'd take long for him to *** up in office and try to rape an intern.
C'mon man, that's a really *** up thing to say.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 15:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*** seriously bro?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 15:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, I bought a new car! (not really, but I do like this car)

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-01 16:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only update is the WH is picking and choosing who the FBI can and cant interview. Saevel still has no idea what the swing votes will do nor how they will react to an incomplete investigation.

As a for instance, Judge cannot be asked about his employment history, a question that might possibly narrow the date of the party.

If one side of the aisle wasn't intent on stretching this out as long as humanly possible to a level of detail that defies all reason, then limitations wouldn't be necessary.

This isn't a freaking criminal investigation. The FBI doesn't need to have its resources devoted to finding out if a judge used to be a mean drunk in high school or not. That's beyond ridiculous. They should interview people about the assault allegations, write a report, and get back to doing actual FBI work that isn't based on the whims of politically charged lunatics.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 16:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If one side of the aisle wasn't intent on stretching this out as long as humanly possible to a level of detail that defies all reason, then limitations wouldn't be necessary.

This isn't a freaking criminal investigation. The FBI doesn't need to have its resources devoted to finding out if a judge used to be a mean drunk in high school or not. That's beyond ridiculous. They should interview people about the assault allegations, write a report, and get back to doing actual FBI work that isn't based on the whims of politically charged lunatics.
Exactly. This could have been handled in back in August, the month after the Senator got the letter from Ford, with much more privacy.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-01 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They should interview people about the assault allegations, write a report...

And yet, they aren't being allowed to do that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-01 16:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They should interview people about the assault allegations, write a report...

And yet, they aren't being allowed to do that.

You're right, they aren't allowed to interview every whack job that the Dems managed to round up hours after the extra week of investigation was announced.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 17:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's fox and some will blow it off but this is what the President is trying to avoid. The dems sent a letter to the FBI with a list of names of people and businesses that they think the FBI should interview....over 5 dozen names..... Democrats said they want to expand the investigation to see if Kavanaugh lied to the committee about ever getting black out drunk.....seriously WTF cares if he got drunk in high school or college. For *** sake I remember crawling up barracks stairwells while puking my guys out when I was 18 in the Army just about every weekend when not deployed.

Quote:
The expansive list highlighted Democrats' apparent effort to broaden the inquiry into Kavanaugh beyond the sexual misconduct allegations against him to focus instead on whether he misled Senate investigators by denying that he had ever "blacked out" from drinking.

Other Democrats have sought to expand the scope of the FBI's probe in recent days.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders wrote in a weekend letter that the FBI should do more than just probe the accusations, but also should conduct an investigation into whether Kavanaugh was honest during his hearing. He called for investigating whether Kavanaugh committed perjury, "given the very serious fact that lying to Congress is a federal crime."

"A fundamental question the FBI can help answer is whether Judge Kavanaugh has been truthful with the committee,” Sanders said. “This goes to the very heart of whether he should be confirmed to the court.”

In other cases, Democrats who enthusiastically called for an FBI investigation last week now seem to be downplaying it.

“Yes, of course there should be an FBI investigation,” Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy tweeted Friday. “But whatever they find doesn’t change the fact that Kavanaugh, especially after his performance yesterday, is the most dangerous Supreme Court pick of our lifetime.”

And Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, on Sunday refused to answer whether Democrats had leaked Ford's letter, and instead suggested the FBI would conduct a "farce" of a probe.

Link to story
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-01 17:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, ignoring fox news, it looks like the WH just today lifted the restrictions they had placed on the FBI investigation.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-01 17:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, ignoring fox news, it looks like the WH just today lifted the restrictions they had placed on the FBI investigation.

Of course you would it does not fit your narrative like say cnn
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 131 132 133