First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 67 68 69
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-29 06:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
one of the outer chests is promoted to a rainbow chest without receiving the visual effect
Would be pretty hard to prove this against server side allocation of chest results at entry. They could just as easily have a Loud Thud(+bang flag) that will make the bang appear if the chest is still active by your 4th chest.

If you are unable to locate the chest before opening the 8th, the BB is overwritten by the final event. The event that loads gold or rainbow chest(s) when you enter can also be overwritten, both by the BB and/or the 9th chest.
Now this is interesting, do you have a video or other source to show a gold or rainbow chest being altered? If so, that would lend a lot of credibility to the idea that BB is allocated at time of fourth chest and alters the state, rather than simply indicating it.
By Karl87 2022-11-29 06:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience I find I very rarely hit the LT until I get to the 9th chest (if I ever make it that far to pop rainbow). I do same order everytime. What I don’t understand is the BB messages, they seem completely random as sometimes when I’ve got the LT on the 9th I haven’t received any BB messages.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-29 06:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Karl87 said: »
In my experience I find I very rarely hit the LT until I get to the 9th chest (if I ever make it that far to pop rainbow). I do same order everytime. What I don’t understand is the BB messages, they seem completely random as sometimes when I’ve got the LT on the 9th I haven’t received any BB messages.

The Belligerent Bang message is only there to taunt you - letting you know that one or more of the remaining chests is a Loud Thud, but you will never see it because you will get a Mimic the next box.
By Seun 2022-11-29 06:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you are unable to locate the chest before opening the 8th, the BB is overwritten by the final event. The event that loads gold or rainbow chest(s) when you enter can also be overwritten, both by the BB and/or the 9th chest.
Now this is interesting, do you have a video or other source to show a gold or rainbow chest being altered? If so, that would lend a lot of credibility to the idea that BB is allocated at time of fourth chest and alters the state, rather than simply indicating it.

I don't make videos, but I do take screenshots of interesting findings. I wanna say I made a screenshot of the chat log showing that I got the BB message on chest 3 and opened 5 more chests before the message disappears.

I won't have access to check until later today, but I'll post it when I can get to it.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-29 06:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

chat log showing that I got the BB message on chest 3 and opened 5 more chests before the message disappears.
This isn't interesting though, we know whether it's allocated at time of chest 3 or at time of entrance, the BB is tied to a specific loud thud and will cease once that loud thud is opened.

I'm asking if you have any evidence to indicate that it alters the contents of the chest, such as a run where you entered and saw a gold, didn't open it, and a BB later changed the gold to rainbow.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Server: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-11-29 07:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if its of any interest and maybe (probably?) it is just randomness but I got 2 orpheus this campaign and both times I got them when I had a BB message and then found a Loud Thud coffer before the 9th chest (so no rainbow).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-29 08:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr: Can you get a Loud Thud on chests 4, 5, 6, or 7 if you did not get a Belligerent Bang message?

If the answer is no, you can nudge the numbers in one way or another and get it to make sense to pop the exit chest (potential loud thud) after chest 4 without a belligerent bang, but it is built on a lot of assumptions and still seems unlikely to be true to me.

To lay out basically everything I understand about this
* Rainbow model = loud thud
* Gold model = thud
* Normal model = mimic, noise, or loud thud / thud before chest 8
* loud thud = Dynamis-D voiditems, moogle amplifiers, AMAN-specific drops, Omen drops, Reisenjima HELM NM drops
* thud = Dynamis-D shards, random R/Ex stuff, things I don't care about
* noise = things I really really don't care about
* 0~?2? loud thud chests can spawn on both orb types
* 0~Many thud chests can spawn on both orb types
* The rest are noise
* When you enter, there is some chance for one or more of the chests to spawn with the Rainbow model. This happens maybe 5~10% of the time for me.
* After you open the 2 chests, either all future chests will yield a Belligerent Bang messages if any of the remaining chests contains a loud thud or you won't receive any Belligerent Bang messages.
* After you open 7 chests, one of the remaining chests' models can (but does not necessarily) change to be either gold or rainbow. You can get a rainbow here even if you were not getting a Belligerent Bang, so this is either changing the types of chests or Belligerent Bang is unreliable.
* The exit chest can be noise, thud, or loud thud.
* Each chest drops an item based on the message it gives when opened.
* There must be at least one mimic because the pool can only hold 10 items and there are 11 chests total.

Things I'm not sure about:
* Can you get a Loud Thud on chests 4, 5, 6, or 7 if you did not get a Belligerent Bang message?
* Can the BB indicate that the exit chest is a loud thud? I haven't tracked this, but I don't think so.
* Can a gold chest pre-spawn like the rainbow chests do? I haven't seen this.
* Can 2 of the 3 remaining chests after 7 spawn with gold or rainbow models? I have only seen 1.
* Is it possible to pick a normal model chest that isn't a mimic after 7 on Mars orbs? On Venus orbs? I've only accidentally chosen an NQ chest once and it was a mimic.
* If so, can you get Belligerent Bang after 7 chests if you pick the chest that doesn't contain a loud thud and also isn't a mimic?
* If so, can that happen when you weren't already getting Belligerent Bangs after chest 3?
* What the heck is the difference between a Mars orb and a Venus orb? Are there two mimics for a Mars orb?

If you assume there is only one mimic whose position is fixed on load, then there is a 70% chance of safely opening the 3rd chest. At that point, if you get no message then (maybe) you know the next 4 chests (4,5,6,7) are not going to yield a loud thud, while there is a 57% chance of getting a mimic in the next 3 chests. After that, there is some chance (in my experience, >50%) of one of the remaining chests despawning and becoming rainbow. When you open the final chest, you have some chance (10%? 20?) of getting a Loud Thud. If you tweak those numbers, you could get p(respawn_loud_thud)*3/7 < p(exit_loud_thud)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-29 08:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are two interesting runs from May of this year where I messed up in a useful way...

This Venus run where I opened 10 chests and stopped getting a belligerent bang after chest 7 even though there was a loud thud yet at chest 9:
Code
[07:14:19] You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:21] You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:23] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:24] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[07:14:25] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:26] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[07:14:27] You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:28] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[07:14:29] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:30] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[07:14:32] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:39] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:42] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[07:14:45] You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

This Mars orb where I also opened 10 chests but stopped getting the belligerent bang message after the 8th chest:
Code
[06:18:49] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:51] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:53] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:54] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:18:55] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:56] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:18:59] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:00] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:19:02] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:03] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:19:05] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:06] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:19:10] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:14] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:19] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

So I don't know wtf the belligerent bang message means or how we could use it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the drops from Selbina HTBF+Shinryu also only happen on a Loud Thud.
Whereas drops from the other older HTBF can drop on a normal thud?
Maybe there's some exception, like Promathia body clearly is a Loud Thud drop.

Not sure if the Omen Paragon Job Cards are Noise or Thud or either
Loud Thud can also drop some materials.

There's several recurring materials that can drop in AMAN Trove.

Ethereal Squama
Staghorn Coral
Ormolu Ingot
Akvan's Pennon
Kaggen's Cuticle
Hahava's Mail
Voidwrought Plate
Pil's Tuille
Caelano's Cloth
Maliyakaleya Orb
Hepatizon Ingot
Beryllium Ingot
Exalted Lumber
Sif's Macrame

I think the pattern here is:
Stuff to craft Abjuration pieces
Stuff to reforge 119 AF
Stuff to reforge 119 Relic

There's also
Indi-various spells
Sacks of various Alluvion Skirmish +1 stones
Sacks of Domain Invasion stones
Sacks of old Skirmish stones
I've seen them drop aplenty.

I have no clue if these things are connected to Noise, Thud or Loud Thud.
I suspect some of those mats are Loud Thud related though, alas.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-29 08:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Job cards are noise for sure, as are skirmish stone pouches.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-11-29 08:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

paragon jobs cards seems to be noise :

Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-29 08:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
* After you open 7 chests, one of the remaining chests' models can (but does not necessarily) change to be either gold or rainbow. You can get a rainbow here even if you were not getting a Belligerent Bang, so this is either changing the types of chests or Belligerent Bang is unreliable.

Am I having a moment? I thought you opened 8, then one of the remaining two always changed to rainbow or gold, while the other stayed brown(mimic guaranteed?). Is it possible that they change after 7? I've been doing my runs automatically for a while, so entirely possible I'm wrong here, just want to clarify.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-29 09:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I have had the remaining three all stay brown. If I am clever enough, perhaps I can grep myself complaining in LS about it later.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-29 09:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time its been when there were two left (not including the center chest).
[+]
By Seun 2022-11-29 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Am I having a moment? I thought you opened 8, then one of the remaining two always changed to rainbow or gold, while the other stayed brown(mimic guaranteed?). Is it possible that they change after 7? I've been doing my runs automatically for a while, so entirely possible I'm wrong here, just want to clarify.

Successfully opening 8 chests forces the remaining chest that is not the mimic to become either gold or rainbow. This will replace the loud thud from BB if you don't open it prior.

This Mars orb where I also opened 10 chests but stopped getting the belligerent bang message after the 8th chest:
Code
[06:18:49] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:51] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:53] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:54] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:18:55] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:18:56] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:18:59] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:00] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:19:02] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:03] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
[06:19:05] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:06] You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest. 
[06:19:10] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:14] You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[06:19:19] You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

The 8th chest is where you successfully located the BB. You know this because the message is no longer displayed. The BB never refers to the center chest. It also doesn't refer to the 9th chest because that isn't resolved until you interact with the 8th chest.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-29 12:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, okay. I forgot how it worked, haha. Well, that confirms that at the end there is only one mimic for both Mars and Venus. What do we think is different between them?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-29 12:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What do we think is different between them?

The exit chest is always a 'Thud' or 'Loud Thud' for venus, but it is frequently a 'Noise' result for Mars. Anything past that is just speculation.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-11-29 15:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr: Can you get a Loud Thud on chests 4, 5, 6, or 7 if you did not get a Belligerent Bang message?

The answer is yes, but I can't prove it because I don't have any screenshots of it happening. It's happened to me once. (Mars orb)
[+]
By Masaru 2022-11-30 02:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume ppl talking about chests transforming in to gold/rainbow after 7th one are doing venus. I do mostly mars here and I always have to open 8 chests before transforming. That means venus can contain 3 mimics and mars contains 2 mimics and after succesfully open all non-mimics chests player rewarded with transforming one of the mimics in to a gold/rainbow chest, so the remaining chests are always mimics.
Are the rainbow chest on the begining transformed from mimic or is that a different event? Do venus users had 3 rainbow chest on begining?
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-11-30 05:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

The answer is yes, but I can't prove it because I don't have any screenshots of it happening. It's happened to me once. (Mars orb)

I got you covered. Incidentally, you can also get belligerent bangs that don't start on the third chest.

Code
02:49:51|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:54|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:57|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:00|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:02|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:05|You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

Code
22:15:00|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:02|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:04|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:07|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:09|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:10|You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
22:15:12|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:13|You hear a belligerent bang from one of the remaining treasure chest.
22:15:26|You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
22:15:37|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-30 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
02:49:51|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:54|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:57|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:00|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:02|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:05|You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

Unless this log is truncated, the loud thud occurred on the final terminal coffer - so this does not disprove that you only get a loud thud on chest 4 5 6 7 when you get the precog BB message.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-30 12:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Positron said: »

Unless this log is truncated, the loud thud occurred on the final terminal coffer - so this does not disprove that you only get a loud thud on chest 4 5 6 7 when you get the precog BB message.

No. 52, 4th Chest Loud Thud, no BB :o

Also no. 61 where the 7th chest Loud Thud is not the Belligerent Bang
[+]
By Seun 2022-11-30 13:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

screenshots/trove/fail

Seun said:
If you are unable to locate the chest before opening the 8th, the BB is overwritten by the final event.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-30 13:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you open 8 and the bang message is active it means that 9 or 10 was the loud and you missed it.

Then 9 (which was the loud) becomes a rainbow/gold

bang doesnt automatically mean you will find the loud.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-11-30 15:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

* loud thud = Dynamis-D voiditems, moogle amplifiers, AMAN-specific drops, Omen drops, Reisenjima HELM NM drops
* thud = Dynamis-D shards, random R/Ex stuff, things I don't care about

Some other stuff that can be in LT chests includes:
- Lv99 cursed items. For example, Bewitched Haidate (ugh). FWIW, I have seen lots of NQ cursed items but have not personally seen an HQ cursed item (Voodoo, Jinxed, etc.)
- HTBF items, including Shinryu, Selbina, and pre-Selbina battles. For example, this month I got a Mes’yohi Sword and an Anahera Tabar from Loud Thuds (double ugh)

Quote:
Things I'm not sure about:
* Can you get a Loud Thud on chests 4, 5, 6, or 7 if you did not get a Belligerent Bang message?
* Can a gold chest pre-spawn like the rainbow chests do? I haven't seen this.
* What the heck is the difference between a Mars orb and a Venus orb? Are there two mimics for a Mars orb?

From my experience, generally using Mars Orbs:
- Yes, you can get LT on any chest number, including 4-7 without getting BB. No screenshots handy at the moment (maybe I can dig some up) but I have definitely done this
- I’ve never seen gold chest spawn at start. Rainbow rarely at start (under 5% for me)
- One difference seems to be Mars Orbs can have no LTs - as seen by 9th chest sometimes giving only a gold box (thus), and Venus seems to have 100% chance of at least one LT.
 Asura.Jezper
user: Jezper
By Asura.Jezper 2022-11-30 16:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
- One difference seems to be Mars Orbs can have no LTs - as seen by 9th chest sometimes giving only a gold box (thus), and Venus seems to have 100% chance of at least one LT.

I have gotten a gold chest as the 9th chest on a Venus orb. Maybe it is much less likely to occur than with Mars orbs? But it can occur.
By Sidiov 2022-11-30 17:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezper said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I have gotten a gold chest as the 9th chest on a Venus orb. Maybe it is much less likely to occur than with Mars orbs? But it can occur.
You should have got a LT earlier in that run I would assume?
I don't think you can NOT get a LT at all on a venus run - I have a list from a few people who recorded about 300 successful Venus and there doesn't seem to be any without 1 LT. Personally, I've seen a few 8th box LT -> Rainbow double LTs, and have not seen a gold chest at all in Venus yet.
By Seun 2022-11-30 17:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

From a Venus orb-

Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-30 21:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All mars. same order every time. 6-9 & 69-74 were balgas, all others waughroon. tldr: 82 orbs, 22 LT instances, one had double LT making it 23 total, 2 osash, 2 ashera, nisroch, regal gauntlets to note. I noted what the middle chest was and what trading the used orb netted. 1 recharged orb and no 5m bounty.

Also note for Byrth: orb 79 was LT on 4th w/o BB.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 67 68 69