Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-06 13:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
My group's only problem was that Kamaiitachi was doing ~2k to non-tanks in range, and caused a couple deaths; Astral Flow wasn't much of a problem.

Have them /nin if they cannot disengage or turn quickly enough when the boss summons Garuda. And make sure Howl is dispeled.
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
There was few instances where Conjurer uses AF+Summon simultaneously causing some party members to KO.

This happens when he resummons, the tank needs to have Rampart / OFA ready for when that happens. Garuda will go all Super Sayen if the boss is at low HP and it's resummoned so be prepared and plan accordingly. This is an easy fight and can lead people into a false sense of security, luck =/= skill and when that random JP button gets pressed people can't be one shoted if they aren't ready.

Baraera was enough to survive Astral Flow (fairly weak damage on DD's with Shell V and Baraera). Are you sure it wasn't Kamaitachi instead?

Was most certainly Garuda's Astral Flow, barely scratched me on RUN but randomly floored our THF.

What I was referring to is summoning animation and astral flow happened simultaneously, this incident happened only twice in the 15 runs we did.
We saw animation go off and astral flow before avatar was out, only GEO died, one of party memebers asked if it was possible to do AF without Garuda out.. because it was a weird incident.

That's likely a bug plus some server lag. I've gotten into the habit of anticipating when it's going to happen. I put up valliance when they start fighting the first Garuda so it's usually still up when the boss summons it again, just it can be a *** so OFA is a nice safety measure.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-06 13:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I mentioned that in original post.
Come to think of it again, lag spike might of happened because we had 6 bubbles out.
Bubble + Indi + Entrusted Indi X4
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Can probably do this month without REMA up to normal with: 2x strong DD [ws/tp set], whm [empy pants], 3-song brd, geo, run or pld.

(Small peeve, no offense) You didn't need REMA for any D/VD Ambuscades, just good gear and competent players. My RUN has Aettir and my SAM has Ichigo, and i use montante+1 over rag on war/drk, and have participated in every VD ambu to date. Never had an issue. It will still tank/DD better than some REMA players. REMA is not the answer, it's just a small part of the equation. Little subtle hints like this are disingenuous to the casual players who read these forums and then formulate a strat (fail strat) off of something they read which was not entirely accurate.

Did you also utilize a non-regal cor, Dunna GEO, and 2 song bard in all your setups? Or did you only use top-tier support to carry your non-ideal DD? Not being super critical, just honestly curious as this game is more about ideal support than it is ideally geared front line jobs.

Bolded: That depends on if you're talking about maximizing killspeed or jst getting the clears. You can clear most D with standard support (rolls, bubbles songs).

I've used non-regal cors. Do fine. Don't forget they still have access to Barataria. So you lose 2 roll potency. Significant, but not enough to make or break the run. In fact, I have never shouted for a regal cor for any ambus (they just happen to be one). As long as they can CC the important rolls, or get lucky and RD double CC (double 11), that's good enough. If not, can manage. Also, "Regal" cor is not a REMA COR, so that argument can be thrown out the window.

I also never shout for idris GEO, so again, same scenario. I've had Dunna GEOs. Nearly every GEO has at least Dunna. I can't say I've used non-900 skil GEO since i'm not in the business of Indi-STR testing every one of them.

2-song bard is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gimped argument-excuse of bard you can even imagine, since 3 songs is as easy as buying the mats for jse harp off of AH. No 2-song bard should ever seriously exist, unless they are new to the game or just returned after long hiatus. In either case, ambuscade D/vd is not what they should be focusing on (or any ambu just yet). That extra song is so easy to get, and you can milk three/four songs anyways in any PUG with the use of CC. Again, not a significant problem. Also, Terpaderp isn't a REMA, so again, argument is null.

I agree having good-great-ideal support makes the difference, but for at least Ambuscade, there's an exploitable gimmick in place that needs to be abused, and as long as the party fulfills that and the other standard portions (rolls, songs, bubbles, healing, tanking), there should not be any significant issues clearing on D. VD is where you may struggle, though it's definitely possible. The reason you don't see non-ideal setups going for VD is because killspeed compromises net earnings, and its easier/faster to spam D than VD, or even N for super undear-geared players. If VD gave different rewards, non-ideal setups would have some incentive to try, but there is none besides more points. When you hear people talking about "I cleared VD ambu in 3-5 minutes with buff time", they are talking about ideal setups. A non-ideal support team can still aid a VD clear, but that jumps to about 10 minutes+ and may not be worth the trouble, so why bother?

At the end of the day, I still think REMA is only part of the equation in terms of being able to clear this content. The other 10~12 slots of equipment and the player competency/skill level far outweighs any advantages that one weapon may bring to the table. The only exception to that I would have would be idris, since it can't be compared to anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can probably do this month without REMA up to normal with: 2x strong DD [ws/tp set], whm [empy pants], 3-song brd, geo, run or pld.

(Small peeve, no offense) You didn't need REMA for any D/VD Ambuscades, just good gear and competent players. My RUN has Aettir and my SAM has Ichigo, and i use montante+1 over rag on war/drk, and have participated in every VD ambu to date. Never had an issue. It will still tank/DD better than some REMA players. REMA is not the answer, it's just a small part of the equation. Little subtle hints like this are disingenuous to the casual players who read these forums and then formulate a strat (fail strat) off of something they read which was not entirely accurate.

Did you also utilize a non-regal cor, Dunna GEO, and 2 song bard in all your setups? Or did you only use top-tier support to carry your non-ideal DD? Not being super critical, just honestly curious as this game is more about ideal support than it is ideally geared front line jobs.

It's entirely managable with Dunna Geo, Barataria COR JSE Brd

Quite easy month, to be completely unbiasedly honest. Just some high evasion.

The minis are essentially toothless. Garuda is totally harmless. Only that big AOE move from the boss is of any consequence. And Scherzo negates that.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-06 14:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideal has more to do with performance than what you have.
Odds are, support don't know the secrets of their trade.
If you have a +5 COR and a BRD that can land Lullaby on [BRD+BLM+SMN] along with a GEO who can work with COR to have 4-6 bubbles out, any party can take on VD at any given time.
WHM and PLD,RUN can also Sacro, OFA, Rampart, Shield Bash.

Thats for buffs, but when it comes to debuffs its even worse.
You have 3 [GEO,COR,BRD] jobs that can dispel easily anything on them yet no one does that, sometimes not even a simple Dia is on... let alone upgraded with light shots.

As far as DD goes, this fight in particular favors heavily skillchains and not Zerg fest.

A well geared DNC, THF, DRG would wreck them in no time provided their magic haste is capped and they know how to do their jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-06 14:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This months VD I wouldn't do without a 4 song NQ BRD or a 3 song HM BRD (they do exist). The acc requirement is a bit high and you really want Scherzo to save your *** in case of a screw up with the NM and it's pet. People can probably work around that limitation but honestly at that point you might as well just do D and spam it for super fast / easy wins with minimum requirements.
By Afania 2018-07-06 14:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A none rema brd can be 3 song brd with +3 song. People frenquently act as if none rema brd = absolute garbage, no idea why.

If my pt has none rema brd, dunna geo, none regal cor, efficient D would still be doable. I probably wouldn't do VD due to the acc requirements. No acc = horrible kill speed in VD.

However, if I have SV and CC available, I can do VD if its up, since both sp solved the issue of nq brd lacking acc buff potency.

In general, something like 5 to 10 min VD run is doable with 3 to 4 elites and 2 nq player. The time spent on finding 6 elites for vd often surpasses the difference they make v.s a pt of 3 to 4 elites. I wouldn't say thats carrying just because 2 people in pt arent absolute best.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-06 18:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We just did some VD with no bard/sleep.
COR NIN GEO WHM RUN garbage 6th COR

It really was no issue, but it took 20 mins due to low haste or acc. on D, this same setup is 4 min kill.

Anyways just pull all to corner, silence blm, bubble, go to town.
Indifrail/Indihaste, switch to entrust haste/indiwilt while fighting boss. Baraera/silence for garuda's special SP (happens every time she gets re-summoned)

Like, all and all, so long as you don't fight the Conjurer while it has spikes up, it's unremarkable fight. Dispel extremely usefull as the parry def boost is very high.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-06 18:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
It really was no issue, but it took 20 mins due to low haste or acc

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 19:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

29:55~ (it does take like 3 seconds to "verify" you win)

Still a win.

Not everyone has to clear in 5 minutes or be shamed.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-06 21:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Saevel

It was in no way dangerous, so it was no issue, even low buffs, the fight was in itself easy, not requiring sleep or risk of wipe, so yeah I stand by what I said. Even with, for all intents and purposes, 5 contributing player
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-07-07 01:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So in one of our VD attempts, we had REMA BRD and Idris GEO with two DDs that were definitely "NQ" and we ran out of time (mostly through one DD dieing a lot to some AoE that the other DD managed to survive. The adds were not a problem in that they were able to take them down, but it took probably 10 minutes from zone-in until the adds were dead. Acc was the biggest issue against Garuda.

On D, we barely won (Garuda summoned there was a lot of AoE spam); our tank Savage Blade'd for the win as both DDs were dead with about ... 3(?) minutes to spare.

My point is, even with ideal support, your NQ DD's could still fall short of clearing the content.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2018-07-07 02:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So in one of our VD attempts, we had REMA BRD and Idris GEO with two DDs that were definitely "NQ" and we ran out of time (mostly through one DD dieing a lot to some AoE that the other DD managed to survive. The adds were not a problem in that they were able to take them down, but it took probably 10 minutes from zone-in until the adds were dead. Acc was the biggest issue against Garuda.

On D, we barely won (Garuda summoned there was a lot of AoE spam); our tank Savage Blade'd for the win as both DDs were dead with about ... 3(?) minutes to spare.

My point is, even with ideal support, your NQ DD's could still fall short of clearing the content.

Was spamming D yesterday on Blu. First D run no scherzo in full DD gear i died to some aoe move at 30% on the boss. After that we had brd do scherzo and i full timed 50% pdt and i never dropped below 700hp. 10min fight total with non idris geo 1 rema blue 1 non rema blu a whm a pld and a rema brd.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2018-07-07 05:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
It really was no issue, but it took 20 mins due to low haste or acc

This just made my entire day.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-07-07 08:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trigger for the heavy gauge AoE from the big boss? We killed adds, Garuda, whaling away at the masked god and he would just randomly *** our day up. Average 6 or so minute clears on D last night but sometimes we would wipe and have to hold it due to the AoE making runs a bit longer for sure.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-07 09:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No specific trigger; you just have to mitigate it (scherzo, earthen armor, geo barrier/wilt, shadows, etc.).
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-07-07 09:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Is there a trigger for the heavy gauge AoE from the big boss? We killed adds, Garuda, whaling away at the masked god and he would just randomly *** our day up. Average 6 or so minute clears on D last night but sometimes we would wipe and have to hold it due to the AoE making runs a bit longer for sure.

Current suspicion is that Kamaitachi (likely the move that killed you all) is triggered when attacking the boss while Garuda is out. Did you notice whether your DDs were still hitting the boss when Garuda was resummoned? Also, did it Howl and was this buff left on?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-07 09:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely had him use it when Garuda was not out.
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
Server: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-07-07 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Current suspicion is that Kamaitachi (likely the move that killed you all) is triggered when attacking the boss while Garuda is out. Did you notice whether your DDs were still hitting the boss when Garuda was resummoned? Also, did it Howl and was this buff left on?

If it howled it was definitely left on because we rolled with no BRD.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-07 13:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***...

Guys this fight has several "WTF" randomly high damage moves, that means you need to plan around mitigating them. Because they are random it's possible to go a few fights without having issues, which lulls you into a false sense of security before *WHAM* *** your day up. Both Schertzo and Wilt are a must to ensure smooth wins. Dealing moderate damage to the boss while Garuda is out definitely unlocks Kamaitachi for the rest of the fight and he can use it regardless under 25% HP. Try to dispel his warcry effect because that just raises the chance of random death happening. Don't bring a *** ton of DD's, that just ruins the entire fight, instead one solid tank and a DD who can multi-step SC with themselves. We've done 6~8min VD fights with SAM, DRG, WAR and THF DD's so it's not super exclusive, they just need to know how to SC which can have all the adds dead before the 3~4min mark.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-07 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few runs yesterday (PLD RUN BLU GEO BRD WHM). The one fight where we used Indi-Wilt, it used Kamaitachi after re-summoning Garuda. We immediately stopped DPS and killed the Garuda after the re-summon, but it's also possible we may have done enough DPS to the boss while Garuda was out to trigger this. If you have the firepower, you might want to consider foregoing all defensive buffs. We used zero defensive buffs in the last few fights and were able to kill the boss before it re-summoned Garuda. Didn't use any fancy skillchains, just spammed CDC and Resolution. If you can manage this then you won't need to worry about Kamaitachi.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-07 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Did a few runs yesterday (PLD RUN BLU GEO BRD WHM). The one fight where we used Indi-Wilt, it used Kamaitachi after re-summoning Garuda. We immediately stopped DPS and killed the Garuda after the re-summon, but it's also possible we may have done enough DPS to the boss while Garuda was out to trigger this. If you have the firepower, you might want to consider foregoing all defensive buffs. We used zero defensive buffs in the last few fights and were able to kill the boss before it re-summoned Garuda. Didn't use any fancy skillchains, just spammed CDC and Resolution. If you can manage this then you won't need to worry about Kamaitachi.
It can use Kamaitachi even if it never resummons Garuda.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-07 16:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
How do you DPS the boss when it has 500 potency spikes?!

THFs can TP on Garuda and WS on Conjurer with 100% accuracy from SA/TA (WS w/o engaging if possible, for obvious reasons). Works with people who sub THF too.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-07 16:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its possible that Conjurer gains access to Kamaitachi if you hit it while its summoning [Kind of like last month but in reverse], and if you dont dispel its howl you can rest in peace!