The Windower 5.0 (alpha)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » News » The Windower 5.0 (alpha)
The Windower 5.0 (alpha)
 Carbuncle.Kigensuro
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: dlsmd
By Carbuncle.Kigensuro 2018-10-12 09:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Carbuncle.Kigensuro said: »
for the ui is there going to be some type of wiziwig?
What do you mean by wiziwig?

Did you happen to mean WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor?
yes that is what i mean
-sorry for the different spelling of wiziwig/WYSIWYG i have seen it spelled both ways

also i have been looking through the ui info i could find and i am hopeing you will add:

1. a combobox
2. tabs
3. i hope buttons presses can trigger an event
4. a simple form (this might be ui.window)
5. a numerical Up Down box (*)
6. a checked list box (*)
*-are less important but useful
By Nekseus 2018-10-12 11:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kigensuro said: »
yes that is what i mean
-sorry for the different spelling of wiziwig/WYSIWYG i have seen it spelled both ways

also i have been looking through the ui info i could find and i am hopeing you will add:

1. a combobox
2. tabs
3. i hope buttons presses can trigger an event
4. a simple form (this might be ui.window)
5. a numerical Up Down box (*)
6. a checked list box (*)
*-are less important but useful

I personal dont have the answers to your question but a better place to ask is on our Discord. Heres another link to the server.

https://discord.gg/EGYBUYy
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lileth
Server: Asura
user: Etherion
By Asura.Lileth 2018-11-12 15:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I installed the current windower 5 test build on two fresh wine prefixes (windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit) with dotnet 4.5 installed (wine-3.19). FFXI was not installed on the prefixes, I just wanted to see if windower even starts. The slash screen displays, but then the executable crashes.

Has anyone here had any luck getting the test build to run in wine?

(A bit off-topic: wine broke FFXI compatibility a few versions ago, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45279

Playonline viewer crashes on startup on my wine 3.19. Looks like the FFXI patch that was created for 3.19 did not make it into the release? )
VIP
By Iryoku 2018-11-15 21:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If PlayOnline Viewer and Final Fantasy XI aren't both installed at all then there are some known issues that will cause Windower 5 to crash. Multiple people have successfully gotten Windower 5 to work on Wine though.

If you still have issues after installing POL and FFXI, I'd certainly like to fix it. If you could get on Discord we can try to figure out what's wrong.
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-17 01:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
There are 4~ addons currently.

This is mostly about getting people playing with the API.
We need feedback so we can create a better dev experience.

We are also encourage people to port addons to get the feel of the api.

Take a look at these links of examples of the new user interface library. Videos, and images complements of ZetaEpyon.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Song in the youtube video? I loved it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-17 05:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mstoya's theme ff1/ff14
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Hokuten
Server: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-01 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for an option to set the background resolution to 2048x2048. Does this exist in windower 5?

I'm using a number of the HD zone updates done by Amelila, but there appears to be a shimmering effect on pixels as you move around. Amelila explains that his textures are built for 2048x2048 and your background resolution should match to minimize the pixel shimmering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdwhlzXJr7w

Can this be implemented instead of automatically mirroring the graphics resolution?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-01 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you set your resolution via registry after launching POL but before going fullscreen, it should work unless windower specifically hooks the registry read.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-01 19:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. That's something I'd have to do every time I login?

Can they just make it not force background resolution and graphics resolution to be the same thing?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-01 20:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
minimize the pixel shimmering.

If you don't use any mipmapping that's always going to be an issue. No matter what background resolution you are using.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2019-01-08 15:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

^ That is the right answer, need to turn on mip mapping.

Also, we actually do hook all registry calls, Windower 5 does not modify the registry at all, nor does it read from the registry at all (both unlike Windower 4). It redirects registry lookups to its own settings instead. This was done to allow multiple profiles to use different settings reliably, but also to be less invasive in general. Windower 5 aims to not mess with the FFXI installation at all.
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-01-08 15:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How can I use Windower without the plugins for multiboxing?
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2019-01-08 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devastation said: »
How can I use Windower without the plugins for multiboxing?
Dunno if there is an official way but I was just messing around and was able to pull this off by copying my Windower 4 folder and turning off all add-ons and plugins.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-08 15:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The official way is to use the addon "plugin_manager" to tell it to load what plugins and addons for each character.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2019-01-08 15:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The official way is to use the addon "plugin_manager" to tell it to load what plugins and addons for each character.
Well ok, my answer is pointless then.
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-01-08 20:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to disable all plugins, or do I need that manager to disable them all?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-08 20:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to disable all plugins, or do I need that manager to disable them all?
Can you explain a bit more in detial what your trying to do?

Case 1: Do you want no character at all to have any plugins/addons loaded? If that the case just don't install any...

Case 2: Do you want your main to have plugins but none of your alts? In that case you have to use "plugin_manager" or do a 2nd copy of Windower as the other user stated.

Case 3: Explain to me please.
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-01-08 20:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Case 1.

Sorry, if I wasn't able to explain the situation well enough. I wasn't aware that plugins aren't included unlike the previous version (4). I was looking to run 2/3 characters on one pc.
Leviathan.Arcon said: »

Also, we actually do hook all registry calls, Windower 5 does not modify the registry at all, nor does it read from the registry at all (both unlike Windower 4). It redirects registry lookups to its own settings instead. This was done to allow multiple profiles to use different settings reliably, but also to be less invasive in general. Windower 5 aims to not mess with the FFXI installation at all.

It wasn't until I noticed the bolded portion that I wanted to try Windower 5. I appreciate your time, and your patience on this subject. As well as the others who took their time to try and help me.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-08 21:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Case 1.

Sorry, if I wasn't able to explain the situation well enough. I wasn't aware that plugins aren't included unlike the previous version (4). I was looking to run 2/3 characters on one pc.
Umm never mind on what I said I assumed you were using Windower 4. Even though this is a Windower 5 thread. Windower 4 didn't come with any plugins besides the ones required for Windower 4 to have it's basic functionality.

Windower 5 only uses addons but I don't believe we have a "addon-manager" yet it's still mostly for lua devs around the community. We do have some stuff ported over though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-10 11:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I have mip mapping turned on and regardless of how high I set the value, I still get the shimmer.

Also, its great that Windower 5 isn't modifying the registry anymore, but it's still forcing the background resolution to be some multiple of the Window resolution. You need to provide an option to not do that.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-01-10 11:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
Quote:

I have mip mapping turned on and regardless of how high I set the value, I still get the shimmer.

Also, its great that Windower 5 isn't modifying the registry anymore, but it's still forcing the background resolution to be some multiple of the Window resolution. You need to provide an option to not do that.

Do you have a screen shot or a video you can share of the shimmer you are looking to correct, to make sure we are all on the same page
 Cerberus.Hokuten
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-10 15:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the video I originally posted shows what I'm talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdwhlzXJr7w

When I get home I'll try to get a video of what my setup looks like. I run the game at 2560×1440.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-10 18:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to capture video and upload to youtube, but its pretty potato quality and doesn't really illustrate the effect.

Turns out what I was saying wasn't entirely accurate. If I set the mipmapping at 5+ it seems to eliminate the shimmering.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]
 Cua
By Cua 2019-04-19 01:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a look at these links of examples of the new user interface library. Videos, and images complements of ZetaEpyon.

Name of song in Youtube video? It rings a bell.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-19 02:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a version of Matoya's Cave, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRaT0V5bSk

Shazam got it wrong 8 times though lol. It just kept guessing.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-04-19 06:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »

Name of song in Youtube video? It rings a bell.

holy ***this is a good addon
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [389 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2020-05-11 20:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so here's another necrobump. Does this still exist and work with the current version of the game?
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-11 21:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
so here's another necrobump. Does this still exist and work with the current version of the game?

Yes
By drakefs 2020-05-14 11:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »

also

https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/g8j3ao/ama_windower_development_team/