Ask The FFXI Development Team Your Questions!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Zenoxio 2018-05-22 19:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We're taking questions over on the FFXI subreddit to send to the dev team! Come on over and leave your questions in this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8lf0ca/ask_the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_your/

[UPDATE] The answers have arrived!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8svrxg/the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_answers/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-22 20:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As if they care about anything an NA player wants to know. ***is a farce. They don't even have anyone on staff to do english translation anymore.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-05-22 20:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone is actually on that, ask them why they wont give the tarutarus in whitegate and alzabi stools to stand on so they can see over the counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iv been complaining about that to them for years now...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-22 20:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
if anyone is actually on that, ask them why they wont give the tarutarus in whitegate and alzabi stools to stand on so they can see over the counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iv been complaining about that to them for years now...

I dont know if you're joking or serious, but please do not tempt SE because THIS would be the one time they listen to NA players and actually implement this change.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-22 21:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As if they care about anything an NA player wants to know. ***is a farce. They don't even have anyone on staff to do english translation anymore.

As much as I'd love to disagree here, I can't. Knowing what Camate told me his Japanese counterpart would dismiss NA concerns before even pushing them to Matsui at times. So I guess you can at least keep trying to believe the actual Devs may care, but NA issues are blocked in the translation to get to them.
By fonewear 2018-05-22 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just shocked they have a dev team...I'm pretty sure an unpaid intern could change out Ambuscade mobs once a month.
[+]
 Asura.Zenoxio
user: Zenoxio
By Asura.Zenoxio 2018-05-22 21:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zhexos is the translator on the NA team. (And Sicycre I think)
By Felgarr 2018-05-22 21:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zenoxio said: »

There's a very high probability that every English SE employee Forum account is manned by the same person. (LinkedIn profiles of Community Reps and GameMasters seem to support overlapped responsibilities).
By Justuas 2018-05-22 21:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can ask when they gonna shut those you-know-what servers down. Don't wanna get banned from reddit.

Also there's a player here who openly admits botting and rmt. Why isn't he banned yet?
 Asura.Zenoxio
user: Zenoxio
By Asura.Zenoxio 2018-05-22 21:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
There's a very high probability that every English SE employee Forum account is manned by the same person. (LinkedIn profiles of Community Reps and GameMasters seem to support overlapped responsibilities).

*scratches head* Not that I'm aware of. I've read over the job descriptions on the SE job site and they seem pretty separate. Community Reps have generally high-level responsibilities, and GM low-level responsibilities (day to day stuff just replying to in-game support). I know they're separate people too; Zhexos is the well known Reinhart who used to fan translate FFXIV letters years ago.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-22 21:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally don't use Reddit because I myself am straight.

Justuas said: »
Also there's a player here who openly admits botting and rmt. Why isn't he banned yet?
I don't think we're in 2004 anymore, Toto.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-05-22 21:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think more mechanics-oriented questions should be asked for things we're still nebulous on. I don't have/plan to make a reddit account, so I leave it to you guys.
By fonewear 2018-05-22 21:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'll give the token responses to your questions:

We have no plans on merging servers

We have no plans to adjust monk.

We aren't going to answer or will give a vague answer to smn nerf

We have no plans...but please look forward to it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-22 22:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

After much consideration, we've decided to make this ground-breaking change to the game. Coming in the July 2037 update is a blue box cooking synth of Cheese Sandwich +2! Only the finest chefs with a completed Escutcheon are able to craft such a divine snack.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-22 22:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Asura.Zenoxio said: »

There is an absolute 0 probability this is the case. I've played with two different community reps at the same time, and the #1 community rep was a 3rd person entirely. They are very different people.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-05-22 23:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »

I dont know if you're joking or serious, but please do not tempt SE because THIS would be the one time they listen to NA players and actually implement this change.

completely serious. Iv had a thread in the SE forums for years trying to get them to help the tarus. So far they havnt listened /cry
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-05-23 00:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And we all wonder why NA concerns get pushed to the backburner...
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-23 00:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it'll probably be a glorious waste of time but here goes (For the Shiggles)

When will SE fix Victory Smite and Ukko's Fury to be competitive to current-day WSs?

When will SE's changes to MNK's JAs be reversed(imo, the changes were nerfs more than anything)

When will SE nerf/severely restrict SMN's zerg ability?

When will we see new-ish content?

Can you PLEASE start making Ambuscade v1 fights more straight forward? I love a challenge but some of the gimmicks are just nuts in my opinion.

*OR* can maybe do an On/Off kinda thing with one month kill a nasty monster, no gimmicks and the next month, have to do /kneels like we're fighting Odin while facing a certain direction and eating Cheese Sandwich +2s

kk that's all I've got for the OP. Most/All of my questions are probably dead horses still being beaten but I tried :D
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 00:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to go down this rabbithole, but every ambuscade is known. Which one don't you understand the gimmick for?

It would be nice to know what THEY intended us to do, if that's what you mean.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-23 00:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to go down this rabbithole, but every ambuscade is known. Which one don't you understand the gimmick for?

Oh, did someone figure out the quadav stuck at 1% issue at some point?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 01:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't even playing for that one, only 1 person seems to have tried/posted about it at all. When it cycles around (probably next month lol) there will be actual data for it.

Doesn't look like they tried much at all other than damage types.
By Afania 2018-05-23 01:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Can you PLEASE start making Ambuscade v1 fights more straight forward? I love a challenge but some of the gimmicks are just nuts in my opinion.

Ambuscade is like the only content that's fun and worth doing or figur out strat atm....Don't take away our fun D:

(I fall asleep in Omen and dyna because they are not intense in any way, master trial isn't spam worthy.)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-23 01:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Oh, did someone figure out the quadav stuck at 1% issue at some point?
I seem to recall a post from Llewelyn (or Papesse?) explaining the Gimmick.
I don't remember it now but I seem to call it was pretty annoying
By Afania 2018-05-23 01:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which...are there any important game mechanic that haven't been figure out?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-23 01:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone else please ask about raising the limit on currently active linkshell members. My linkshell is at the point where I'm forced to turn away 1-2 players daily since we are already over cap and run the risk of current members getting locked out during peak/event times. ><;;

I had to ask about Synergy again since I've been waiting two whole years to hear anything about the Synergy update they promised me. Got both a devpost saying they were working on an update, then it was confirmed during the last AMA directly from the devs. T_T
By Nyarlko 2018-05-23 01:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Ambuscade is like the only content that's fun and worth doing or figur out strat atm....Don't take away our fun D:

(I fall asleep in Omen and dyna because they are not intense in any way, master trial isn't spam worthy.)

They just announced in FP39 that they won't be making any actually new V1 fights any more, opting instead to recycle the existing roster in order to shift dev resources to other stuff... Yet, they are still insisting on making new V2s, which no one capable of doing even V1VE is willing to touch. >_>;;
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-23 01:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if it's us "advanced" players who get a biased picture of reality and actually there's a ton of small, silent people who spam V2, or if it's them who are disconnected from reality.

Do they even have instruments to monitor, check and measure who-does-what?
Are they using them to see how the player base is spread across V1 and V2?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-23 02:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I wonder if it's us "advanced" players who get a biased picture of reality and actually there's a ton of small, silent people who spam V2, or if it's them who are disconnected from reality.

Do they even have instruments to monitor, check and measure who-does-what?
Are they using them to see how the player base is spread across V1 and V2?

Yes. They've said things before about V1 completion rates, so they have at least some metrics available. Something else that may have played a part in their decision to start recycling? We've run out of beastmen. I think that every mob family classified as beastmen has already been used, plus a few that they made a stretch for (like Dullahan.)
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-23 02:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@Eiryl
Ohh nono, I'll explain. I would rather there not be any gimmicks at all. HOWEVER, I understand that some people like the Gimmicks and like testing for them and stuff like that.

In my personal opinion, I'd much prefer to fight a really strong mob than to deal with a Gimmick.

Not a thing of difficulty or understanding or anything like that. I just personally find them annoying lol. But It's only my opinion and I'm probably the only person that feels this way.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 02:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A gimmick is the only thing that can make them difficult though... There's literally nothing in the entire game that can kill a tank anymore.

Except gimmicky *** like pain sync, "needle" moves, and purposely targeting healers regardless of enmity. (random ninja 2hours)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8