Relic Choices...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Relic choices...
Relic choices...
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 01:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking at buying a relic because FFXIV will make currency cheaper, I wouldn't hold your breath. By all means start saving, that way when 14 comes out and currency stays the same price, you'll have millions of gil to spend on something else <_<
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-05 02:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything prices could potentially go up... most of the buyers will remain, but there will be fewer people doing Dynamis and thus less currency in the system. Makes me glad I'd rather do a mythic, though prices on Alexandrite could go up as well >.<;
 Unicorn.Dong
Server: Unicorn
user: Dong
By Unicorn.Dong 2009-10-23 18:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jovant said:

i would hate to see a relic holder with something like a fire staff

I have a fire staff w/ my yoichi ^^.

Anyhow, it really depends on how much you want to have fun...
but here's some ideas.. For exp pt, given a perfect scenario, I think kc+culverin+1 would win versus a soboro+yoichi sub drg, that is, if only the kc user is skilled, doesn't die, and dmg is solely between rng vs sam (no third dd) then culverin+1 will produce a better result (you wouldn't want to go anything else than /nin as rng-kc user, especially in a soboro+kc feeding).

Likewise, a culverin+1 kc user will probably outdmg a anni-kc user by just a bit. relic ws does not produce the x3 effects.

As far as events goes, I think bow is pretty chill, since most of the time I like to stay away from Aoe dmg and effects. Not that gun-relic can't do it either, is just you will lose some dmg from doing so.

What I feel about the DPS... between relic gun and bow (no kc or soboro, just rng as main).. isn't very obvious sometimes. There's probably some data about this that some nerd figured out, but what you should really concern more is how the specialty of each relics fit your playstyle. Yoichi gives you 15% r.acc in the aftermath effect and its ws produces a low fixed enmity (same as a 120 dmg arrow would produce, like if your namas hits 2k dmg, it will still produce a 120-dmg like enmity). I don't have a gun relic, but what I can say is that it's aftermath produced a -enmity effect. It is easier on the relic-gun user's conscience to perform the bread-n-butter combo: relic's ws > barrage > slugshot. I have a harder time pulling this combo is because of hate issue, but other than that I think i have no problem doing this because the 15% r.acc will increase my chances of hitting all the shots on barrage and sidewinder without sharpshot. Remember sharpshot reduces sidewinder and slugshot dmg (just for something for you to think about).

As for the 2 job > 1 job..more bangs for your bucks...is somewhat true. Well you're paying more on yoich to get 2 jobs, and paying less for 1 job. However, my point somewhat similar to this. You noticed how there's people with a lot of relics, (of course they're financially secured) but the more obvious reason is that they simply get bored of their relics after abusing it so many times. I'm not sure how rich you are, but if don't have the gils and time, I think bow is a better choice. Even if is like 20-30mil more, it offers more playability because two jobs can use it. Unless you have the gils and want to spend another 150m on another relic just for one job (excluding the 3 other relics), than this has no point for you. I'm not sure how dedicated you are to one job... but if you plan on getting the gun -- that's cool too, I wish I can pull that bnb combo all day during exp or hnm.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-23 20:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dong said:
Remember sharpshot reduces sidewinder and slugshot dmg

Pics or it never happened.
 Shiva.Tomasina
Server: Shiva
user: Tomasina
By Shiva.Tomasina 2009-11-07 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To Enternius,
Like I tell any player when I post in a FFXI forum, do what you think makes you happy and fits your play style on Powa Ranja. I personally chose Annihilator to pursue because all I ever wanted to win with on Ranger was with gun. Sure bow has its advantages but I never levelled bow due to personal choice. Also, Coronach as stated already fits my very aggressive playstyle without having to be concerned about hate issues as much. And to those talking about your ranger gear, honestly who cares, this person is pursuing other FFXI goals(Maats cap) as well as relic which is very admirable, and gear can always be upgraded like a relic over time. Good luck fellow Powa Ranja!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Midgardsormr.Echion
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Echion
By Midgardsormr.Echion 2009-12-10 02:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
I knew someone with a Relic Gun before Relic Weapons were cool. He loved that thing like it was his child. No other gun was comparrable to it in terms of DPS. unlike quite a few other Relics. (Martial Bhuj to GA, Hagun to GK, etc). Never personally knew anyone with the Bow, but the gun damage was just silly. Besides, as a RNG you're more likely to use a gun over a bow anytime anyway...just go Gun since you said your SAM will never touch the Bow anyway.

You will never... ever.. see my rng equip an lolgun. I cant even think of an instance where gun would out parse the bow (each with same gear setup)
 Fairy.Onimusha
Server: Fairy
user: Onimusha
By Fairy.Onimusha 2009-12-10 03:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi ftw to me btw
Yoichi/Kogarasumaru will be pwn and you should also ask Ifrit.Eiji. he is the one with GTK Mythics and BOW Relic.

Yoichi's WS Namas generates reduced enmity (Namas enm will be same as a regular hit)
Kogarasumaru will need 300%TP grants Aftermath: Occasionally attacks twice 120 second duration (2mins) which will also included Increases Acc./Atk bonus.

To get this setup work, 0-90 sec you can spam Namas anytime you want due to reduced enm and then try to build up Rana @ 300tp from 91-120 sec + Meditate to keep Occasionally attacks twice. continue repeat the same setup all over again.

if you are planning to get the Mythics GTK after relic, then Yoichi/Kogaras will be a great choice.

Carbuncle.Laitha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2009-12-10 12:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Ferdinand. Sure its not full relic and it doesn't have the triple damage proc like Annihilator but its still better than hellfire+1. Once I get the final upgrade complete I will be able to tell you my experinces with my friend that is a Yochi RNG (haven't played ranger with makenshe since I completed stage 4).

Its up to you what weapon you want to spend your gil on. I personally would try to use my relic gun in a 5 hit TP build for RNG/SAM once everything is said and done over a k club rng for all the events i do. There is nothing like hitting a mob for small ammounts of dmg (depending on the mob you may miss alot or do 0 dmg) compared to just staying back and doing rng atks then using WS. I have good gear but for me to regear myself to get the most benefit from a Kclub rng setup is not something I want to do currently.

On the other hand if unlike me you already have a nice haste build for your other melee jobs and you can use that for RNG I would say go K club + gun.

Coronach and Namas both have their advantages and disadvantages but since I don't care about leveling SAM past 37 or pulling hate from the tank. I went with Gun.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2009-12-10 12:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth be told the real reason I am getting a relic gun is because damage on Trueflight is based on how many vowels are in the name of your gun. That makes the weaponskill so much more powerful. I hear you can 1 shot AV with it.
 Fenrir.Classicred
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Classicred 2009-12-11 15:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun.

Regardless of some peoples opinions on the MOD stats to be able to WS > Barrage > WS > EES > WS > TP Wing > WS and not die and still do massive damage is absolutely amazing and unbeatable imo ~ You can rotate Slug/Coronach and almost never get hate (pending your tanks are remotely any kind of decent/good)

Someone posted about crap ws dmg ~ Thats an absolute lie -- Coronach does maybe 200 less than slug and I would take that 200 dmg decrease and stay alive through an entire fight than be trying to watch my hate and dieing every few WS.

You are welcome to check my FFXIH profile and view my item sets for relic gun ~ I recently sold my KClub tho because I am unable to event as much as I used to and I never really ever merit'd on RNG so I had almost no use for it other than toy potential...
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-15 09:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Get then both