Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 121 122 123
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-03-18 06:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Req/AE capes (specially for returning players that cant spam intense probably) are a luxury, when you are rocking sparks gear and have to do 300374039874 V2 to finish a cape, you cover the essentials first.

Good job Arislan on the guide.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-18 07:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Requiescat / Aeolian are in your top-10 most important capes to make for the job? Because that's what the cape section was meant to be.

We list the augs for Req/AE clearly in the gear sets section, for anybody who really wants to max out those WS.

If that's the intention, then it would make more sense to rank the capes in that section by priority.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-18 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people want to put this Snake Eye/Winning Streak thing to bed, so I'm going to finish up and say no more after this. There's a very noticeable difference between 3/5 Snake Eye and 5/5. Of course there's times where the extra Snake Eye effect doesn't work at all, so at that point you're dreaming of Winning Streak. And like I said before, it depends what level your Corsair's at, what content you do regularly, how comfortable you are rolling for XIs, and how much damage you deal. This is why I suggested newer players went 5/5, because you're probably not doing much between rolls anyways.

When you start doing longer fights, help DD, or are totally confident in rolling, that's when you want Winning Streak. Mules want Winning Streak too, so the player who brought it can 1) not think about rolls, and 2) drop them (scaling perhaps?) and hope they last the duration. And no, not everyone will remember to roll an XI before they pre-buff a fight. I know this is terrible of me, but the times I've gone to a pop site and started rolling, only to remember I should've rolled an XI earlier. Not everyone has Super Revitilizer on hand either. I try to remember to do this, but it doesn't always happen, so the Snake Eye effect has saved my forgetfulness several times. Also, it's annoying getting the first XI sometimes, the party could be waiting on you as you try too hard .. only to roll 6, 6, 6, 6, repeatedly. I hate that.

And I would definitely change back to Snake Eye for some content. As far as a mob which dispels goes, you don't just get one Snake Eye .. you can get (at the very least) three Snake Eyes if you're lucky: Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal. And this doesn't include times when Snake Eye's timer resets completely. It doesn't include Super Revitilizer or any other form of JA reset (like from another COR). What if your XI roll got dispelled? You can't rely on it. Winning Streak 3/5 to 5/5 isn't a massive leap in duration. If it was adding several minutes then it would be no contest, but it's only 52 seconds. We're basically arguing over whether we have 8-9 minute rolls, or 9-10 minute rolls (assuming best gear).

On a fight which lasts over 9 minutes (and you're fighting), this is crucial, but anything under that doesn't matter. So it boils down to longer fights in Ambuscade, Incursion, Delve, Sinister Reign, Dynamis, longer fights in Geas Fete, Master Trials (and others). Snake Eye prefers fights where you're not doing much and letting the SMNs, BLMs, or Heavy Melees do the damage, so that would include short Ambuscades, short Geas Fete, CP party (if you're not DDing and trying to roll useful stuff + COR roll for everyone), and other instances where the duration of the rolls aren't crucial.

There's no reason to be angry or upset over how people approach COR's merit categories. I'm on the fence still, but if I had a Death Penalty to my head and was forced to pick a winner, I'd likely pick Winning Streak. I'd definitely leave an argument for Snake Eye to go with it, because for a long time I liked it, and now that I don't have it .. I want it back. And I will, my groups going to do SMN burns soon, so I'll probably switch back to Snake Eye for that .. 9+ min rolls are useless there. There's room for either, but I will end by saying there's more situations for an "Endgame" Corsair to use Winning Streak, unless you SMN burn or spam Ambuscades 2-8 minutes a pop. What I enjoy about this, is that there's no "YOU MUST MERIT THESE TWO AND NOTHING ELSE!" mentality like most other jobs. You're allowed to choose, and if you go Snake Eye 5/5, no one should point and laugh at the decision.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-18 18:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a funny and hopefully helpful suggestion:

If you use the lua in this COR guide, adjust the lockstyle portion to put you into an outrageous outfit.
Then, after you've gotten your XI and Super Revitalizer--you have to talk to the NPC anyway to get a Radialens before a SMN burn--switch to your real "I'm a freakin' PIRATE!" lockstyle.

Because, I'm concerned if you don't always remember to preroll, you may not always remember to reset your merits.

Otherwise, sure, like you said, 5/5 WS recommended with a situational note for 5/5 SE.
[+]
By hobo 2018-03-18 18:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need to start talking about optimal stylelocks. Default pirate look is clearly Emp hat/body/gloves + relic pants/feet, but what is the fancy style lock
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-18 18:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I do:
Reikiko
Svalinn
Molybdosis (lockstyle sadly doesn't work to change it anyway, though)
Chasseur's hat
Chasseur's body
Chasseur's hands
Samnuha tights
Chasseur's feet

It isn't very original. I look forward to seeing how others sally forth from their Mog Houses!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-18 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I feel like I actually have some authority here! My 2015 FFXIAH contest winning COR lockstyle below (outdated weapons notwithstanding). Still use it any time I'm on COR:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47484/ffxiah-lockstyle-contest-2#2983575
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-18 20:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright Snake Eye Reset is 4% per merit for sure.

Character 1 5/5 SE: Total SE: 5,599 Reset SE: 1,131 Percent: 20.200035720664%

Character 2 3/5 SE: Total SE: 4,513 Reset SE: 543 Percent: 12.031907821848%
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-18 23:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
It isn't very original. I look forward to seeing how others sally forth from their Mog Houses!

Going on an undercover mission to spy on imperial army!
[+]
By AkaniDragoon 2018-03-18 23:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
And I would definitely change back to Snake Eye for some content. As far as a mob which dispels goes, you don't just get one Snake Eye .. you can get (at the very least) three Snake Eyes if you're lucky: Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal. And this doesn't include times when Snake Eye's timer resets completely. It doesn't include Super Revitilizer or any other form of JA reset (like from another COR). What if your XI roll got dispelled? You can't rely on it. Winning Streak 3/5 to 5/5 isn't a massive leap in duration. If it was adding several minutes then it would be no contest, but it's only 52 seconds. We're basically arguing over whether we have 8-9 minute rolls, or 9-10 minute rolls (assuming best gear).

Using WC or RD for more snake-eye attempts is like saying you want to berserk / triple shot / double shot etc. long before the fight even starts. A complete waste of potential DPS. I'd rather take a non-11 than waste either of those two abilities for it.
In that same argument, if you're rolls are getting dispelled that constantly, neither 5/5 SE or 5/5 WS is going to matter at that point. Unless you're going to tell me that you're only getting dispelled every 5th minute of the fight -- which seems unlikely.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-19 00:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're meleeing (so usually), it's perfectly fine to use RD for Snake Eye and/or Crooked Card instead of Triple Shot.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-19 00:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many qualifiers.

If you're able to debate the guide, you're able to make your own decision on which merits you will use appropriately.

If you're reading the guide because you don't know better, it really doesn't matter which you choose, you won't be using it to it's full potential and should just get 5/5 winning streak.

It really is that black and white.

After you L2P and /feel/ 5/5 Snake will suite you better, you're free to change it at a moments notice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-03-19 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I love this so much ; ; I wish there was stuff like that to actually do~
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-20 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

When is the last time you seen a souv pld with under 3000HP? I use souv with aegis/sequence locksytled with DP for that blue afterglow
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-21 07:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
How does the body shape up vs AF 3 for Leaden Salute?

I just checked numbers real quick using my gears:

AF+3 stats:
AGI296
MAB 235
WSD+30
Mythic bonus (change 1 to 1.3 if using the spreadsheet)
3000 TP
351 mdmg
Affinity 33
Mob INT 150
Dmg: 42264

Change AF+3 to relic +3 body:
Dmg: 45920
Using Afania's number since they already did the math for those 2 pieces with their numbers so might as well compare based on them and not mine for everyone...

Change AF+3 to relic +2 body:
Dmg: 44624

Asura is expensive as *** for Medals, Shards, Void items related to COR so I wanted to see where a +2 sat for now. Seems like a total win to me to at least +2 it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-21 07:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cannot see how the body does 10,000 more damage by itself.

It's only 20 more AGI and 19 MAB than Carmine+1

So you're telling me with no body you do 36000

Carmine is ~41000 Af+3 is ~42000 and relic+3 is ~46000, really?

Relic+2 > relic+3 is only 7 mab 5 agi, but does 1300 more damage?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-21 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just cannot see how the body does 10,000 more damage by itself.

It's only 20 more AGI and 19 MAB than Carmine+1

So you're telling me with no body you do 36000

Carmine is ~41000 Af+3 is ~42000 and relic+3 is ~46000, really?

Relic+2 > relic+3 is only 7 mab 5 agi, but does 1300 more damage?
No Body would be 35260 so your close
Carmine +1: 41839
(Max) Samnuha Coat: 41615

Magic WS are easy as ***to math out. Heres a spreadhseet for WF/Leaden by Afaina http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/data/spreadsheets/COR%20WS%20Calculator.ods
By aigulfe 2018-03-21 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just made the +2 relic body and slotted it in for elemental QDs cuz duh but wasn't sure if the +2 body would beat out the AF+3 for leaden. Figured the +3 would. Guess i'll check out that spreadsheet when I get home.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-03-21 23:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, this is most likely an interest to some of you. I've tracked down flurry/flurry2/haste/hastega2/SpyDrink in a mostly sane way. The bad news is Blurred Knife dagger proc is beyond my abilities to nail down. From what I can tell, the server tracks proc on it's side then just sends a buff update with haste 1.(If someone with better knowledge of ffxi packets wants dumps of procs I can provide.) I have tested the code below a bit but could use more verification. (until last night I had error that made it toggle on anyone gaining a buff) Just take out the commented out add to chat lines for it to send a message when its toggling.

To work with your gearswap change the name of haste/flurry to whatever your toggle vars are. I kept in manual toggle for haste bound because of blurred knife and had it reset to haste1 on zoning elsewhere in lua.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-21 23:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I do something quite similar never thought about the spy drink though
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-03-22 03:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nice, any way to track indi-haste and cornelia's indi-haste ?
By Afania 2018-03-22 06:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
When is the last time you seen a souv pld with under 3000HP? I use souv with aegis/sequence locksytled with DP for that blue afterglow

Let me try and see if I am PLD enough.....with da HP.

I don't have enough clothes for PLD holy style, and valor set wouldn't lock :( So this is all I can get.....
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-22 08:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Faloun said: »

You can already track geo/indi haste w/ buffactive[580].

Hades.Dade said: »
Hey, this is most likely an interest to some of you. I've tracked down flurry/flurry2/haste/hastega2/SpyDrink in a mostly sane way. The bad news is Blurred Knife dagger proc is beyond my abilities to nail down. From what I can tell, the server tracks proc on it's side then just sends a buff update with haste 1.(If someone with better knowledge of ffxi packets wants dumps of procs I can provide.) I have tested the code below a bit but could use more verification. (until last night I had error that made it toggle on anyone gaining a buff) Just take out the commented out add to chat lines for it to send a message when its toggling.

To work with your gearswap change the name of haste/flurry to whatever your toggle vars are. I kept in manual toggle for haste bound because of blurred knife and had it reset to haste1 on zoning elsewhere in lua.

This is seriously excellent! Thank you for tracking those buff ids down. Will add to the lua in OP soon.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-22 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me try and see if I am PLD enough.....

I don't have enough clothes for PLD holy style, and valor set wouldn't lock :( So this is all I can get.....

Screenshots aren't working for me right now =[
By Afania 2018-03-22 08:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me try and see if I am PLD enough.....

Screenshots aren't working for me right now =[

I just do external uploads and image link it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-03-22 08:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Faloun said: »

You can already track geo/indi haste w/ buffactive[580].

Hades.Dade said: »

This is seriously excellent! Thank you for tracking those buff ids down. Will add to the lua in OP soon.
Great work Dade!!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-22 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for tracking those buff ids down.
Buffs IDs are part of the windower resources >.>
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-22 13:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lua updated with Haste/Flurry detection. Thanks again to Dade for that! ^_^
By Afania 2018-03-22 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some advice/experience sharing for non SMN setup VD optimization this month. I haven't done a lot of VD this month due to busy RL, been trying to tweak some sets for it for better performance in ranged setup.

Food: What's everyone's opinion on Miso ramen for this fight? Is it still possible to cap acc? It seems like this fight really really benefits from Miso, also it's one of the few fights that I seriously consider using it. However if I can't cap acc in lowest TP set then I probably won't use it.

HP set for weakened: Updated my HP set since my old one doesn't seem high enough....Am I missing any good HP+ pieces besides Merdian ring and moonlight cape? Trying to get above 2000 HP weakened since that'd be safe for 2 tics instead of 1.

ItemSet 357427
Only swap out main/range slot if I double weak.*
Adhemar +1 head path D
Carmine body +1 path A

Damage taken -15%(-17% with weapon)
Physical dmg taken -4%
Magic dmg taken -7%
Total MDT-:22%(+-24% with weapon), should be capped with WHM shell V.

I sacrificed quite a bit of mdef/meva from not using oshosi, not sure if it's even a good idea to prioritize HP over Mdef weakened.

Does moogle use any physical AoE tp move? Since the set above does not cap pdt-. If it does then maybe I could change main hand to earth staff or something.

Since this fight has amnesia aura, also made a ranged white dmg set for amnesia too....Should have done it long time ago tbh.

ItemSet 357484
*Swap to Oshosi/lanun +3 hands if TS up.
*Crit-hit +10% back.
Adhemar feet has true shot bonus, thus it's picked since I almost always shoot in true shot range whenever amnesia aura is up. But oshosi feet is probably a good idea for better mdef.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-22 14:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

altdorf and wilheim are the same agility if you can’t find a high quality ear.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 121 122 123