Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-23 00:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Hot shot has a hit rate cap of 90%

I have hit 95% in dynamis - D, this is patently false. It has 5% chance to miss like any physical/hybrid WS

You want to swap the feet because Lanun Bottes have 0 racc, I wear Nyame in my foot slot. JSE neck could be a good swap for neck, I believe that's what I use right now already. Can/should switch Living bullet for Devastating, more racc, more macc, more base damage, just lose the MAB.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2024-05-23 00:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It was specially mentioned in the old cor guide thread, just passing that along, but not sure how your measurements be it 80% 95% or 100% outcome have any relevance to a singular probability.

If that's wrong or out of date I'm happy to be wrong, haven't really kept up with all the changes. His set has room for damage swaps but the set really doesn't seem lacking for acc, the bad acc runs or runs where consecutive WS's whiff probably just get noticed more
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-05-23 01:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eww oh no. =(

That being said, probably keep the Fotia neck, but is the body worth a consideration perhaps?
By Afania 2024-05-23 06:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It was specially mentioned in the old cor guide thread, just passing that along, but not sure how your measurements be it 80% 95% or 100% outcome have any relevance to a singular probability.

If that's wrong or out of date I'm happy to be wrong, haven't really kept up with all the changes. His set has room for damage swaps but the set really doesn't seem lacking for acc, the bad acc runs or runs where consecutive WS's whiff probably just get noticed more

I would be extremely surprised if one particular WS has different "rule" from everything else. It doesn't feel logical.

It is probably false unless proven otherwise.
By K123 2024-05-23 06:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is SE, not like they do everything intentionally
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-23 09:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

Eww oh no. =(

That being said, probably keep the Fotia neck, but is the body worth a consideration perhaps?

This is not a thing, it's just old superstition. My group has been parsing wsacc on dynamis for hundreds of runs and we routinely get 93~95% wsacc on hot shot, with hundreds of WS sample size per run.
[+]
By Vivicca 2024-05-25 15:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

what buffs do you typically run with Hot Shot in mind?
By Nariont 2024-05-25 16:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

regular DD buffs work fine, prelude if racc is needed, obviously things like firestorm, and emp boots bonus help
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124