Correct Way To Use Key Presses?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Correct way to use key presses?
Correct way to use key presses?
By Pantafernando 2017-12-17 01:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Recently i made a simple script with keypresses to help with some trivial stuffs like making mule to enter an escha portal without alt tab. That process requires 3 key presses. What i do is parking alt close to portal, send exec script and suposelly he will enter.

Problem is, sometimes some keys seems to be lost at random moments. Not sure the cause so im supposing its something with how im writing the script. Im using the setkey button down wait .1 then release. Is that way to use setkey correct? Idk if the interval is too short for the console to understand.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-17 01:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

setkey down down;

wait .3;

setkey down up;

wait .3;

setkey enter down;

wait .3;

setkey enter up;

setkey (name of key) (position of key) wait typically should be at least .3 depending on lag/computer/zone
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [393 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-01-13 16:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m wondering if there is a /console way of it macroing /targetnpc then hit enter key without having to hit enter manually after target is found. I’m not familiar with making my own lua. So I don’t have a clue lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-13 16:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's literally what I just posted... last year... that you bumped.

5 years ago that was how I used to do what sparks does now. with a script. painfully slow... but effective. Emphasis on painfully.
Code
input /targetnpc;

wait 0.4;

setkey enter down;

wait 0.5;

setkey enter up;

Will target NPC and hit enter on them. you have to fill in the rest to do what you want, I used it for a reallllllllllly long time ago to collect and sell conquest items from the signet NPCs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-01-13 16:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre using this for multiples accounts, keep in mind to use some wait between each char interaction. Having all accounts interacting with npc at same time will result in some of them not interacting.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-01-13 18:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh I think I understand now. Up down thing is literally the button press. I will have to play around with that