First Page 2 3 ... 454 455
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-05 20:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
The nice thing about the campaigns is that they offer some direction, especially for newer players. Truth is there are like 20 things you can do in this game and it's really overwhelming to decide which one to do in a given month. Having the campaigns provides some direction to focus your efforts instead of getting overwhelmed.

Once you're at true endgame, none of the campaigns are really meaningful. Maybe Dark Matter augs?

Lol, that reminds me. I used to feel bad to miss days during Dark Matter campaigns. Now I can go full months and not really care, although I do still need some Phalanx+5 pieces, but I don't feel bad that I missed out. And yes, as you said, there is a positive to campaigns. Mostly for returning players to get caught up by taking full advantage.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-05 21:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre still not connecting the two

You said something akin to “you dont have to do sortie and ody every day, youre not forced, skip a day and go touch grass”. You then said that you rarely do Dyna-D outside of statue crusher, and you feel forced to do it when the campaign is up.

I dont have the numbers, but im pretty sure a full clear of Wave 1 and 2 is like 50-60 of each card if i remember correctly. An extra 900k per char is the motivating factor from “i dont need to do DynaD” and “i have to do DynaD while statue crusher is up”.

Its perfectly ok to skip Ody/Sortie, cant miss any DynaD during stat crusher, gotta take advantage of that campaign.
You see the connection now?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-10-05 22:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The real answer is skip all of it, it's hockey season now
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 454 455