First Page 2 3 ... 401 402 403 ... 448 449 450
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-02 09:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We'll also be implementing some of the underlying prep work such as certain game mechanics and other elements for the content where "everyone cooperates across different worlds" that I've mentioned in the past.

Quote:
So which server is going to get blamed for everyone failing this content when it hits?

Cross server campaigns always follow the same type of gist. Players from any server need to trade X mcguffins to Y NPC or do X thing Y number of times and then progress is stored universally toward Z goal. We saw something similar with twinkling treants long ago, and final fantasy 14 has had a similar thing with the crafter classes where you need to rebuild an entire zone by trading a gargantuan amount of crafting materials to upgrade building construction in said zone (IE: Ishgards "the firmament restoration project"). Any player on any server could contribute materials, and the progress was stored across all servers so when the project was finished the upgrade happened silmultaneously on all worlds.

If S-E ever tries to implement a cross server cooperation campaign in FF 11 it would probably be grinding a ton of mobs in a random zone to collect points toward unlocking a new campaign with a permanent buff. However, if that buff was a permanent boost to exemplar point gain, say like..... double or triple or even quadruple bonuses, then consider me interested.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-02 10:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I smell cosmetics
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-02 10:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The "new battlefield" is the ashu talif: WHERE the battles take place

"This time" aka "this month" Next Month: Lizards! NextNext Month Mandies! Just like Ambuscade

Every month has a new trash drop/points to buy new trash cosmetic

I didn't personally think about it like that. It's kind of a leap to say they are describing a rotating battlefield, even if the wording somewhat suggests that could be the case. I say that because we've had so many mistranslated English posts over the years, I would imagine this is a "what I said>>>>>>what you thought I said" scenario.

I've always said they should have just made those v2 fights available in higher difficulties for the stronger players anyways. That really seems like the simpler way to reboot the ambuscade system they already have in place, vs making another version
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-11-02 10:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
We'll also be implementing some of the underlying prep work such as certain game mechanics and other elements for the content where "everyone cooperates across different worlds" that I've mentioned in the past.

Quote:
So which server is going to get blamed for everyone failing this content when it hits?

Cross server campaigns always follow the same type of gist. Players from any server need to trade X mcguffins to Y NPC or do X thing Y number of times and then progress is stored universally toward Z goal. We saw something similar with twinkling treants long ago, and final fantasy 14 has had a similar thing with the crafter classes where you need to rebuild an entire zone by trading a gargantuan amount of crafting materials to upgrade building construction in said zone (IE: Ishgards "the firmament restoration project"). Any player on any server could contribute materials, and the progress was stored across all servers so when the project was finished the upgrade happened silmultaneously on all worlds.

If S-E ever tries to implement a cross server cooperation campaign in FF 11 it would probably be grinding a ton of mobs in a random zone to collect points toward unlocking a new campaign with a permanent buff. However, if that buff was a permanent boost to exemplar point gain, say like..... double or triple or even quadruple bonuses, then consider me interested.

Thats not how Ishgard worked and they locked people from other worlds entering a firmament that wasn't their own server. Ishgard restoration upgrades were server dependent with some servers being well ahead of others so nothing happened simultaneously.

SE even had a leader board set up to show you which server was in the lead.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-02 10:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl makes Eeyore look exceptionally happy.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-02 10:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thats not how Ishgard worked and they locked people from other worlds entering a firmament that wasn't their own server. Ishgard restoration upgrades were server dependent with some servers being well ahead of others so nothing happened simultaneously.

SE even had a leader board set up to show you which server was in the lead.

I guess my memory is bad then. I wasn't high enough level to participate in that event at the time it was going on and by the time I was the whole thing was over. I swear I remember some kind of event working like I described where all worlds cooperated together. maybe it was something from world of warcraft instead. I know I read about something like that a long time ago though.

I stand behind the concept I described as what they would do if they ever implemented a cross server cooperation event in 11 though. The idea that everyone would be cooperating together on all servers is the opposite of a competition, so in this instance even if the event I referenced was a bad analogy, I'm pretty sure that's how they'd carry it out if it was ever implemented.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-02 10:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The "new battlefield" is the ashu talif: WHERE the battles take place

"This time" aka "this month" Next Month: Lizards! NextNext Month Mandies! Just like Ambuscade

Every month has a new trash drop/points to buy new trash cosmetic

I didn't personally think about it like that. It's kind of a leap to say they are describing a rotating battlefield, even if the wording somewhat suggests that could be the case. I say that because we've had so many mistranslated English posts over the years, I would imagine this is a "what I said>>>>>>what you thought I said" scenario.

I've always said they should have just made those v2 fights available in higher difficulties for the stronger players anyways. That really seems like the simpler way to reboot the ambuscade system they already have in place, vs making another version

May be, may not be. Maybe they purple skin a new rotating mob, maybe it is just flan.

Thats why I said sounds like, as worded it sounded that way. Theyre always super proud of the pretend effort they put into v2 that no one does, so
By Dodik 2023-11-02 11:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

pretend effort they put into v2 that no one does

As someone that ground out v2 to get +1 ambu armor when returning.. it is certainly appreciated that it is an option. Not a good option, but an option none the less.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-02 11:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's good that it exists. It's just not something I'd be blowing myself over for making every month like they do.

There's twice as many v2 as v1. If it were just a crab every month it'd be exactly the same.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-02 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Theyre always super proud of the pretend effort they put into v2 that no one does, so

Quote:
Ambuscade has undergone the following additions and adjustments.
The foes in Normal and Intense Ambuscades have been swapped out.
* As such, the corresponding Records of Eminence objectives have changed

HOLY ***STOP JERKING YOURSELVES OFF SE! Why are you so *** proud of the fact that you made this adjustment? Show some humility.

Other examples of their gloating:
Quote:
Elsewhere, the Mamool Ja and Antlions will be returning to Ambuscade.
Quote:
This update is currently scheduled for Wednesday, August 9, and it will see you face off against Gigas and Evil Weapons in Ambuscade. Be sure to keep an eye out for Golden Bomb as well!
Quote:
First, we have the usual Ambuscade additions. This time, the Yagudo and funguar will be returning to the battle.
Quote:
This month’s Amubscade feature Orcs in Volume One and flies in Volume 2. There are no particular adustments from last time around, so reach deep into the recesses of your memory (or your favorite fansites) and pull out all those strats you used last go around.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2023-11-02 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
We'll also be implementing some of the underlying prep work such as certain game mechanics and other elements for the content where "everyone cooperates across different worlds"

Yay? Can't wait to see how certain server *** everything up
By Seun 2023-11-02 13:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
HOLY ***STOP JERKING YOURSELVES OFF SE! Why are you so *** proud of the fact that you made this adjustment? Show some humility.

They could have added a new material to buy and upgrade armor to +3. Then people might actually have a reason to care about ambuscade beyond "it's better than farming currency the old way".
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-02 14:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone calm down it's just AMBU II
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-02 14:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

But I want Ambu 3

[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-02 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A new chair!
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-11-02 15:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bet it takes place in a purple room.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-11-02 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu II could be good if well designed. Fighting new nms is fun, especially if higher ilvl. Whether people are happy will be all about the rewards. Add old case +1s, emp armor voucher, amplifier to double gali for 1h, swart astral and heroism crystals for more contemporary upgrade items, JSE rings and ambu armor +3.. etc
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-02 16:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
A new chair!
[+]
By Guyford 2023-11-02 16:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are clearly misinterpreting their FF nostalgia comment.

I see this obviously as a pink puff master trial based on ff4. Gonna be against 5 pink/purple flans with chocobo music playing the whole fight and lots of charmga, just like the original fight.

Kinda hope for new drops from this but pretty sure its gonna be the red costume weapons they added from the npcs in last VR fight.

Pretty sure they're planning to make ffxi versions of some old iconic fights like maybe we'll get an ultros/chupon fight next with a manta and an undead toad.
[+]
By Murdock 2023-11-02 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Kinda hope for new drops from this but pretty sure its gonna be the red costume weapons they added from the npcs in last VR fight.

I thought that as well, but it shows that there are new items slated for the November update, so it might be something new, along with the red weapons (I want that Red Ridill).
By Guyford 2023-11-02 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The chocobo chair 2 is a new item. Don't get your hopes up
[+]
By waffle 2023-11-02 17:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People might be reading too much into that translation.
まずは、新たなバトルフィールドを実装します。
バナーにも出ていますが、登場するモンスターはフラン族です。報酬を含め、FFシリーズが大好きな方にはニヤッとしていただけるよう作成しました。
I think it's just a flan battlefield.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-11-02 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ExFlantion pack!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-02 17:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
A new chair!

[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-11-02 19:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever the new content or rewards are, please make it a different color, I've had enough purple for a lifetime.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-02 21:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Volteczero said: »
Whatever the new content or rewards are, please make it a different color, I've had enough purple for a lifetime.

Did you call for Corrupt-A-Wish!

Each fight can drop 0~2 of a special EX currency into your inventory, and you can only do one fight per day with a 15min time limit. They will introduce a +4 tier to AF and make it red box, each piece takes 30~90 currencies to upgrade.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-02 21:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FF4 Princess flan. Since they say fans of the FF series (in this case, FF4) will enjoy the rewards it'll be something FF4 themed probably, ergo not likely to be the red weapons. But we'll see.

The Ambu II ***is such a Richard Simmons size stretch.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-02 21:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were a forever battle, don't you think it'd be something other than a generic flan.

How many events in this game use a single trash mob as a repeatable battle. It'd be a boss model. (unless they go full pokemon and make it a ditto)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-02 21:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, because they're making something new. It's a callback to a previous FF. They outright say it's a battle made for fans of the FF series and that fans of the FF series will enjoy the battle and rewards.

Educate yourself
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-02 21:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would've used a pink Botulous. It even has a crown. Uses charm like a botulous.
First Page 2 3 ... 401 402 403 ... 448 449 450