Game: FFXI
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-09-02 12:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
Yes
Commenting how timing out after doing 6% dmg with amplifiers rewards exponentially greater rewards than success without amplifiers is completely irrelevant to the topic of intended practical use of amplifiers upon implementation and present use.

I was correcting your math, because it was quite wrong on the charged values (as you literally asked for in the post).

If you're going to use numbers as a basis for a discussion, they should at least be correct.
Your post popped up as i was making mine, my reply wasnt directed at you. Sorry for that confusion.

Ah, apologies. No worries!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-02 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of new content, i guess
[+]
By drakefs 2023-09-02 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
amps are over 2 years old at this point, why the outrage now?
Same reason why we nerds argue about anything: Bored Nerds and/or At Work Nerds.
By Seun 2023-09-02 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Amplifiers simply shouldn't exist imo
Yes. When everybody (JPs included) where whining terribly about the fact that RP farm was so slow and the grind was too big, instead of adding amplifier they should've simply raised the RP given, period.
What if the amps scaled? 2x bonus at 20% HP reduction scaling up to 3x at 80%? They could also increase the bonus from there for players going in solo to offset the difference in vengeance levels.
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-02 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has traffic slowed down a lot since the prime update? Feels very slow lately here and other fansites.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-02 13:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In game too
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-02 14:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much. Everyone was very lowkey excited at the idea that the 20th anniversary was going to have a surprise announcement we'd enjoy. Instead, as you said, Prime Weapons.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-09-02 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just think it's the summer slowdown we've seen for the better part of the last few years on the reduced content scale. You see very little game updates for a good 3-5 month stretch during these months, and thus, low game activity/engagement, but there's always something that drops November- January ish. They did the same thing right when Odyssey dropped. They might not put anything out this year, but the slower summer is nothing out of the ordinary imo. (Could be wrong, just 2c)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-09-03 00:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if we'll get anything at all in November.

We typically get a decent update in November every year because of it being 11 month. My guess is we probably get another Master Trial and thats it.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-03 03:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Im still hoping about nerf with gallymaufry earning.

Personally, i dont think that unreasonable the process of a prime. I think it kinda in line with how ergon/mythics were at launch.

My problem is competing gally for prime and gally for empy.

Kinda hurts seeing 200k+ gally simply vanishing because you want to improve a job.

So, aside the time gate of shard, there is an invisible time gate that you can only make prime once youre ok with your empy gears.

Thats hypotetically like 8.8M of gally you need to farm before youre positivelly done with empy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-03 03:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, make some alternative system where you can exchange the ites for empy gear upgrade, and leave gally strictly to prime.

Thats fine to me
By Pantafernando 2023-09-03 03:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Like make 10 eikondrites = 5 octahedrite = 1 mesodrite = 1 piece of empy+3.

Then people will even have a reason to attempt enraged Aminon even if they are not focused on primes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-03 04:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres no outrage. This discourse came about because someone quit citing boring non-challenging or luck based content and people questioned the non-challenging part citing Aminon and V25 Gaol.

I'm just stating that the RP for clearing without amp should not be lower than doing the 6% exploit with amp.
By Felgarr 2023-09-03 04:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres no outrage. This discourse came about because someone quit citing boring non-challenging or luck based content and people questioned the non-challenging part citing Aminon and V25 Gaol.

I'm just stating that the RP for clearing without amp should not be lower than doing the 6% exploit with amp.

Actually, I'm outraged by the lack of outrage.

[+]
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-03 09:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's crazy to me how Sortie has nearly nothing alongside the upgrades to make it worth any time.

Omen has detritus and boss drops

Divergence, nearly everything is tradable.

Sortie is just like, very antisocial. Here's your rng earrings ok bye.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-03 10:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For whatever reason they decided it was a good idea to make sortie entirely gil neutral. Zero in. Zero out.

Being a full hour I guess they were shitting their pants at the prospect of making it too worthwhile. They went with respawnable mobs so no drops.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-03 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People still salty at others getting RP at a decent pace with amplifiers? MMO players tend to have crab bucket mentality but FFXI really does take it to a whole new level.

You need to clear first and foremost, then and only then do you actually have something to spend it on. Doing triple charge runs is the best way but requires dedication in keeping the chain going and being flexible enough to get 5% on three different V25's that you actually need RP for.
[+]
By Godfry 2023-09-03 10:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
People still salty at others getting RP at a decent page with amplifiers? MMO players tend to have crab bucket mentality but FFXI really does take it to a whole new level.

You need to clear first and foremost, then and only then do you actually have something to spend it on. Doing triple charge runs is the best way but requires dedication in keeping the chain going and being flexible enough to get 5% on three different V25's that you actually need RP for.

Next most popular thread: "Is using amplifier a type of pay-to-win?"
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-03 10:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimaetus said: »

Omen didn't have detritus before they put REMA augments in the game

Boss drops had *horrible* drop rates and you had an entire alliance competing for them

For a really long time there was really no reason at all to enter omen outside of card farm or boss kills - which were not very accessible to small parties, you needed 10+ characters

Divergence papers were all EX when they first implemented them, they made them tradable/auctionable a bit later

It's not unreasonable to think (hope?) they'll change sortie drops eventually after enough time passed, tho I am not holding my breath
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-03 11:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I have a stack of sapphire ready to go on then auction house
[+]
By Seun 2023-09-03 11:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
People still salty at others getting RP at a decent pace with amplifiers?

Nobody cares that people want to RP while AFK. The only thing that's disappointing is that you get more reward for not playing the game. I don't think most people care that you can 5%, they just want the reward for actual progress to reflect that.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-09-03 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much point in buying anything in sortie as you always end up with a surplus when farming galli.

Now if they made sapphires etc usable and they granted some galli, like the delve items do, then you'd potentially have a pretty lucrative market. I'm sure most people would want to use their items to speed up their own progress though!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-03 12:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For a long time I've been a big proponent of hoping SE eventually lets us trade our excess sapphires/starstones/etc in for reduced muffins (compared to their purchase prices).

However last night I had a second thought, because gear using the same upgrade currency as the primes still has me really irked.

There won't be a single person who in the long run doesn't end up with more of those stones than they can possibly use, and at present the only option is tossing them for nada. So why not allow trading of multiple of those stones to reduce the muffin cost to upgrade gear? Trade 3 starstones instead of 1 to upgrade a piece to +3 for 10k muffins vs 60k, something along those lines.

Ideally- yes I'd still prefer to be able to sell them back to Ruspix to speed up muffin gains myself....but we're 9 months into this content now. I think at least until the 1st Stage 5s start appearing, we're not getting any changes in the math.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-03 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think letting us pay for +3's with more upgrade materials is a great idea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-03 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a conversion from multiple sapphire to star item
By fillerbunny9 2023-09-03 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Ultimaetus said: »

Omen didn't have detritus before they put REMA augments in the game

Boss drops had *horrible* drop rates and you had an entire alliance competing for them

For a really long time there was really no reason at all to enter omen outside of card farm or boss kills - which were not very accessible to small parties, you needed 10+ characters

Divergence papers were all EX when they first implemented them, they made them tradable/auctionable a bit later

It's not unreasonable to think (hope?) they'll change sortie drops eventually after enough time passed, tho I am not holding my breath

you're forgetting that Omen started as a 6 person event to begin with. carting along half to a full Alliance's worth of people wasn't even possible for a good while there. things were only difficult because it was new and everything that comes as part of that, but of course it also discouraged folks by forcing you to either pick a party comp. that would be able to deal with the boss, or to "farm" cards at their abysmal 2-3 per run drop rate. Omen was badly designed from day 1 and it took them most of a year to start making improvements when they actually had a functioning dev team. as we are in maintenance mode, I wouldn't hold my breath that they are going to make Sortie more approachable anytime in the near future.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-03 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
You sure about this? I remember them being sellable from day one but I'm not 100% sure.

You're right with the rest of what you said (except that you forgot that Omen was capped at 6 people for like the first 3-4 months, they they allowed alliances in) but still them changing the Rare/Ex traits on items is an extremely rare occurrence throughout these 25 years of FFXI.
While I can't rule it out, I wouldn't count on that to happen to the -drite or sapphires/stones in Sortie.

I see more likely the possibility of them to add a "tradeback" for these items, making them convertible for, I dunno, Galli? Or Empy+3?
I wouldn't count on that to happen either, but I see it way more possible than them removing the "ex" property on these items.

Just my personal thoughts of course.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-03 14:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The first month or so they were exclusive

Absolutely no one wanted to go. They changed it pretttttttty quick, for their standards.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 395 396 397 ... 448 449 450